Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: So I was thinking about folding for a moment

[ QUOTE ]

If your opponent is folding out everything you beat when you double barrel this board then that doesn't mean you shouldn't double barrel this board, it means you should double barrel this board with air a high % of the time if your opponent is going to be such a nit.

...snip...

you should be trying to change opponent's range more than you let him change yours. Make HIM adapt, force HIM to make the mistake.

...snip...

I think too often uNLers get stuck into this "standard range" mindset because they see opponents' ranges as a given rather than as something they can work to change.

...snip...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely said. Really powerful stuff. Another way I've heard that is to convince your opponent to play predictably and only play back at you when they have a hand. When that happens, you've won.

Back to the hand. If you are actively shaping this villain's response, then bet away. If that's the way you roll, then bet away. I, personaly, would fire the second barrel when I had less hand value. Say, a pair of 9s or something along those lines.