Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Dodge Viper...C6 Corvette....or Ford GT?

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on what you want? Bang for the buck go with a C6 Z06 and buy something else as a daily driver with the cash you saved vs buying the GT.

[/ QUOTE ]

the C6 Z06 does look promising...500 hp, top speed 198mph for roughly $85k
Old 03-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Easy pick, 997 turbo.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want [censored] cars that can only go fast in a straight line then any of the above are fine.

Or you could get a [censored] clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawl if you think those cars are "only good in straight lines." The C6 Z06 makes laps at speeds on par with the loftiest supercars, Ford GT not far behind.

If you actually track your cars the C6 Z06 is the best pick hands down -- the cheapest and the best performer. If you want to get one as a daily driver I wouldn't recommend any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love dlorc to tell us what we should be looking at if we had a [censored] clue.

To OP,

The Corvette is AFAIK still the world's best sports car value. It's on a par with many of the world's most expensive sports cars at a fraction of the cost. As far as taste is concerned I think the Viper has the sweetest styling. But I like 'em all.

Edit: lol I thought you were looking at a Mustang before I loaded the pics. Definitely the GT if price is no concern. That car is to die for.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the C6 Z06 does look promising...500 hp, top speed 198mph for roughly $85k

[/ QUOTE ]

Shop around and don't pay more than $75k for the Z06 (assuming you live in the US).

The guy ^^^ who said 997 Turbo, QFT. Though at $120k it's pricey, but a much better car for getting around in than any of those you've been considering.

Another car you might not know about is the new Nissan GTR. It's coming out in about a year, and Nissan claims 997 Turbo performance at about Z06 price. Unfortunately I think it looks too bland, and I don't fancy taking my $70k car to be serviced at a Nissan dealership.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee Jones?

Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The Corvette is AFAIK still the world's best sports car value. It's on a par with many of the world's most expensive sports cars at a fraction of the cost. As far as taste is concerned I think the Viper has the sweetest styling. But I like 'em all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only real downside of the Z06 is it rides like [censored], so it's not a daily driver unless you like having the fillings rattled out of your teeth. Fantastic track car though.

Actually the standard C6 is only 10 seconds slower around the Nurburgring (with a professional driver in both, YMMV), so it's a good choice too.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want [censored] cars that can only go fast in a straight line then any of the above are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawl if you think those cars are "only good in straight lines." The C6 Z06 makes laps at speeds on par with the loftiest supercars, Ford GT not far behind.

If you actually track your cars the C6 Z06 is the best pick hands down -- the cheapest and the best performer. If you want to get one as a daily driver I wouldn't recommend any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]holland, that is nonsense.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]holland, that is nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno exactly what part of the quote you thought was nonsense, but in case it was the lap times...

For you non-UK guys, we have a car programme over here called TopGear. One of the regular things they do is take the latest super-cars (or generally fast cars) and race them around a track (on an abandoned airfield). The guy who drives the cars is an ex-race driver (though they do some sillyness in hiding his identity, part of the fun and games of the show [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). This link has the lap times for almost any car you care to mention, the Z06 and GT are close to the top...
TopGear lap times

Admitedly, neither car quite matches the absolute super-cars but then those cars cost multiples of the dollars being discussed here, so no shocks.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Yes, gearheads in the States have to download torrents of Top Gear.

Fatshaft, if you want to elaborate on your "nonsense" assertion I'll be happy to respond.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, gearheads in the States have to download torrents of Top Gear.

Fatshaft, if you want to elaborate on your "nonsense" assertion I'll be happy to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they beep out the usual comments on american cars? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]