Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Set against sootedpower5 + drama

A) Yah, you're right, it looks like I missed out on $33 of it. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

B) I don't think I would ever throw half of his stack in here as a bluff. Obviously any thinking players knows if they call the $60ish bet they will have to call a river bet, so it looks to me like betting $60 is just a silly way of overbetting AI by chopping it in two streets.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM

A) $33 is 8.25 PTBB. i don't know about you, but i like making PTBB.

B)

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously any thinking players knows if they call the $60ish bet they will have to call a river bet

[/ QUOTE ]

that's my point!

[ QUOTE ]
it looks to me like betting $60 is just a silly way of overbetting AI by chopping it in two streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? think of this situation when you have air. how do you want to bluff -- with the rest of your stack, or with a $60 bet that tells the villain, "if you want to play, you'd better be ready to play for stacks?"
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 PM

I understand what you're saying, and we're just going in circles. I think I recover more value by checking the turn from hands that are just folding to turn bets, hands that will try to snap off river bluffs, and hands that decide to bluff on the river themselves. You don't think I'm gaining enough value in these spots to not bet the turn. This is just a judgement call for the both of us.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:53 PM

I'm sorry for being a chat monkey. I am working on it.

As for the hand, I leveled myself here thinking, no way this guy is bad enough to minraise a set on this board.

This flop minraise is TERRIBLE. Most thinking TAGs will fold TP2K to someone with your image. You are turning your hand face up when you play your overall game the way you do. AND even worse, the donk is still in the hand!!!!

My range for cbetting is far wider than TPTK. And the donk will call with anything. The board is almost completely drawless. Raising is stupendously bad because you are so far ahead and I will almost certainly lead the turn w/ top pair or better. You are making it easy for me and the donk to get away from the hand.

Again, my play was idiocy and I'm sorry for berating you. Those are just my thoughts on your play.

Anyone on this thread who thinks raising is a good play here is effing retarded.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:57 PM

I think you, like most of the other thinking TAG's at 1/2 have a lot of large misconceptions about my game.

edit: [ QUOTE ]
I think the superfish will probably call the flop minraise with any king btw, making it very easy to stack fishy on the turn/river - so your play is fine IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, the donk isn't calling with anything
Old 04-12-2007, 02:03 PM

Exactly.

He's not COLD calling with anything. He will call MY raise with a pretty wide range. But not a raise and a minraise.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:07 PM

I like a bet on the turn, too. Other than that, nice hand...
Old 04-12-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry for being a chat monkey. I am working on it.

As for the hand, I leveled myself here thinking, no way this guy is bad enough to minraise a set on this board.

This flop minraise is TERRIBLE. Most thinking TAGs will fold TP2K to someone with your image. You are turning your hand face up when you play your overall game the way you do. AND even worse, the donk is still in the hand!!!!

My range for cbetting is far wider than TPTK. And the donk will call with anything. The board is almost completely drawless. Raising is stupendously bad because you are so far ahead and I will almost certainly lead the turn w/ top pair or better. You are making it easy for me and the donk to get away from the hand.

Again, my play was idiocy and I'm sorry for berating you. Those are just my thoughts on your play.

Anyone on this thread who thinks raising is a good play here is effing retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a funny post. Sooted believes the flop play is terrible and turns hero's hand face up, yet still ships his stack across the table on the river...I wish I cared more so I could school you on the hand sooted...b/c your logic is off...but I have some work to do, so maybe later...
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM

Yea i think it is awesome that he says it is obvious he has a set so he calls anyway
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM

I mean if I just called your continuation bet, he isn't going to overcall with anything. Also, I didn't think your range for firing that continuation bet was all that large.
Closed Thread