Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Crazy backwards writing

[ QUOTE ]
When you're avoiding smearing, that just means you're writing from right to left, right? The kid I was watching wrote left to right, but the individual letters were facing the wrong direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that's just plain weird.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm left handed and i write backwards when i'm taking notes i don't think anyone else will need to read. it's, like everyone else said, due to smearage issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right handed but "write like a lefty" - my hand drags across the page and smears. I wonder if I wrote backwards woudl it help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too.

I don't know about Fluff, but the side of my hand lays on the paper and kind or curls up around the utensil. So I end up smearing stuff I've already written on upper lines.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm left handed and i write backwards when i'm taking notes i don't think anyone else will need to read. it's, like everyone else said, due to smearage issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right handed but "write like a lefty" - my hand drags across the page and smears. I wonder if I wrote backwards woudl it help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too.

I don't know about Fluff, but the side of my hand lays on the paper and kind or curls up around the utensil. So I end up smearing stuff I've already written on upper lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I meant when I crudely offered up "palsy" as an explanation. Hopefully you don't write much, as it can't be good for your joints to twist all up like that.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 AM

Did you people skip grade school?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 AM

Holding different colored pens in one hand while taking notes is common. It is used to write quickly while differentiating between notes, thoughts, etc. For instance, in debate we would have a notepad with three different colored pens in hand. One color would be to jot down our opponent's arguments, another for our thoughts/responses/counterarguments to those arguments, and a third to outline good places to segway into our own arguments. You only have a limited amount of time to make an argument, and having notes at which you can easily glance to see what's next so you don't stumble and stand there silently reading your notes to find where you are is incredibly helpful. Also, your opponent will be speaking quickly and you don't have time to set up a nice chart or anything of the sort while he or she is doing that. And he or she certainly will not be willing to stop and waste his or her time while you get your notes in order. Learning to hold the three pens in one hand and to quickly rotate between them is not terribly difficult.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm a lefty and writing backwards would help a lot. I don't smear because I've learned to hold a pen/pencil in some weird monkey grip that looks retarded. But binders freakin suck, I can't write on the left half of page.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!! but i practiced my handwriting that way (because i scrapbook) so it would be very counterproductive to change it, palsy or not
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 PM

I'm left handed, and don't smudge. Are you guys writing with quills or something?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm left handed, and don't smudge. Are you guys writing with quills or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, I'm [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!! but i practiced my handwriting that way (because i scrapbook) so it would be very counterproductive to change it, palsy or not

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't get it. How are you writing from left to right, top to bottom, right handed, and dragging part of your hand where there is already ink?

I am mystified.