[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HOLY [censored].

MCE
YOU
ARE
FUMBO420

edit for clarity: IF YOU PLAYED ON STARS.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf fumbo isn't busto yet?

absolutely horrible player

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] him.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: NL400....get aggressive???

It depends on how you interpret the min c/r. If it's almost always a hand that will go all the way then obv just call. You will get paid anyway if you hit with these stack sizes and may save some when you don't. If it's someone that makes these plays a lot, either as bluffs/semi bluff, or as some kind of bets with moderate made hands then just shove.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you're saying, it's just 3x isn't that much different than 2x $$ wise. I think players are more likely to call behind you with stuff like T8s that they might not normally call with if you min-raise as opposed to betting 3x if you want to decrease the size of your EP raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are right. I misread, and Phil Gordon advises 2 and a half times raise in early position.

http://p.fulltiltpoker.com/pro-tips-...on&tip=120

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Chicken Selects video, Gordon effing raises different amounts PF...and they're playing heads up. He obviously raises different amounts based on the quality of his hands because he has never played in a cash game in his entire life. The guy is a donkament donk, nothing more.

BTW, this is such a clear c/f on the flop because your draw sucks. You only have one "clean" out, and he holds the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] like 95% of the time in this situation anyway, so just c/f and wait for a better hand.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 AM

ez shove
Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you're saying, it's just 3x isn't that much different than 2x $$ wise. I think players are more likely to call behind you with stuff like T8s that they might not normally call with if you min-raise as opposed to betting 3x if you want to decrease the size of your EP raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are right. I misread, and Phil Gordon advises 2 and a half times raise in early position.

http://p.fulltiltpoker.com/pro-tips-...on&tip=120

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Chicken Selects video, Gordon effing raises different amounts PF...and they're playing heads up. He obviously raises different amounts based on the quality of his hands because he has never played in a cash game in his entire life. The guy is a donkament donk, nothing more.

BTW, this is such a clear c/f on the flop because your draw sucks. You only have one "clean" out, and he holds the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] like 95% of the time in this situation anyway, so just c/f and wait for a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you count only one clean out?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow the only line worse than c/f the flop would be openfolding. 1 clean out? are you drunk?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 AM

I think he's levelling.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Is the Ts even that clean of an out?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the flipside is you are playing at a disadvantage regardless. You can't raise too much, because you have so many people left to act. If you have a hand worth opening, you make a small raise to get some junk out of the way. If you make a standard raise, you will still be playing oop, only now the postflop betting will be higher

[/ QUOTE ]

I always pot it preflop unless I have a maniac in the hand who is calling any-sized raise or I am raising a limped pot out of the blinds. I've thought about the idea of varying raise sizes based on position before, though. My instinct would be to do it by raising more in EP and less in LP, though. I can see the arguments for and against both--does anyone who is better at math than me have an opinion on which is more correct?

Of course, raising pot is so ingrained in me by now that I don't know that I could switch if I tried...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the Ts even that clean of an out?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...if villain has pocket jokers, which his line suggests, then you are drawing thin to a chop.