Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive thre

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He seemed to have acted reasonable by asking why you had to flip him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um according to the OP he pulled out of the parking spot and sped to where the OP was parking and asked them what the problem was, they chose to ignore him (rightly so) and then he gets all psycho on them. Do you really think he would have kept being "reasonable" had they responded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger, if you flicked me off in a parking lot where it would be very easy for me to see what the problem is, yes, I would approach you calmly, as this guy did in this situation. If the guy said what is in quotes in the first paragraph, and the mom apologized just to be done with it, don't you think it would have been all over right then?

Being passive-aggressive in situations like this is asking for trouble.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He seemed to have acted reasonable by asking why you had to flip him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um according to the OP he pulled out of the parking spot and sped to where the OP was parking and asked them what the problem was, they chose to ignore him (rightly so) and then he gets all psycho on them. Do you really think he would have kept being "reasonable" had they responded?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT -- 99.8% chance this guy is a psycho. Who starts writing down someones license plate after being flipped off by a 50 year old woman? And who says [censored] like 'You guys don't know who you're [censored] with' when the [censored] with in question was being flipped off and OP going to see what he is doing near their car.

Good call on calling the cops.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

to be very honest, scotch, you sound like the biggest douchebag in this thread.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sponger, if you flicked me off in a parking lot where it would be very easy for me to see what the problem is, yes, I would approach you calmly, as this guy did in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is pulling out of the spot you just pulled into and speeding up to the other car doing anything calm?

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy said what is in quotes in the first paragraph, and the mom apologized just to be done with it, don't you think it would have been all over right then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that the other person does things like this...

[ QUOTE ]
I ask him what exactly he is doing and he tells me, "You guys don't know who you're [censored] with."

I then responded with a dude are you serious, this is a little old lady and your going to cause problems? He nodded. He then told me to have a nice day with a dickish smile and gave a crappy salute to me as he drove off.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't think it would have been all over right then. Maybe if the guy was a normal, reasonable person then yes it would have been over. But given what we know about the other person I don't think it would have had a happy ending if the OP's mom would have just said sorry.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

[ QUOTE ]
to be very honest, scotch, you sound like the biggest douchebag in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you came out of the woodwork to post that...i guess i would be in the wrong if i retaliated so i'll hold my breath [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Giving people the finger is fine, they usually deserve it. Some idiot kept honking at me while I was going 35 through a school zone while christmas holidays were going on. So I finally flicked the guy off and the jackass speeds up in front of me, cuts me off and stops. Then he gets out of his van and he ends up being a policeman. At this point I think oh crap, but I am very curious what is going to happen. The guy starts whining about how I probably feel really smart right now and I'll think next time before I flick someone off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would have called the police as soon as this happened. Either that or pepper sprayed him when he approached my car, then call the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was more scary when the car first pulled me over, when I saw it was a big bad cop and not some pissed off recneck/a scary looking *insert your own racial slur here* it was almost laughable.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Sponger, you missed the first thing that happened when he pulled up.

"Hey, I waved to you to say thanks. Why did you have to go off and give me the finger?" Now he doesn't say this like he is really angry. I mean he seemed annoyed, but nothing I would consider threatening at the point.

That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. Not that I would really approach you. What does she expect when she flips off people in rimmed up Civics?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sponger, you missed the first thing that happened when he pulled up.

"Hey, I waved to you to say thanks. Why did you have to go off and give me the finger?" Now he doesn't say this like he is really angry. I mean he seemed annoyed, but nothing I would consider threatening at the point.

That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. Not that I would really approach you. What does she expect when she flips off people in rimmed up Civics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does writing down a 50 year old womans license plate then implicitly threating OP seem rational to you? Who cares what the first thing out of his mouth was. Just makes him seem like more a freak to me based on his subsequent actions.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does writing down a 50 year old womans license plate then implicitly threating OP seem rational to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

how dense can you be? the threat was a result of her flipping him off and THEN pretending like nothing happened and ignoring someone who is asking a question in a calm way...i don't agree with the threat part at all you idiot

[ QUOTE ]

Who cares what the first thing out of his mouth was. Just makes him seem like more a freak to me based on his subsequent actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

His action was a result of how the situation developed, not that I think it is justified at all. It isn't. But I can see how someone such as the rimmed up civic guy could act like this given the situation.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:29 PM

First things first, tell your mother to grow the [censored] up. What she did was pretty juvenile and dumb.

As for you, I'd just let it go, as his threat seemed pretty idle. He was trying to [censored] with your head and get you all paranoid, and it seemed to have work. Give him props for successfully ninja-ing your brain, and move on.