Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is it?
Beat 23 46.94%
Brag 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Prima/Microgaming - New features

Are the hands displayed using PAHud or instant hand history? Or are they actually shown on the table?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the hands displayed using PAHud or instant hand history? Or are they actually shown on the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mucked hands are dug from the instant hh by PAHud. I don't think any site shows them straight up.

It's bonus information for those who bother to look it up from the instant hand history or set their PAHud to do it for them. As it's available to everyone, it doesn't affect the game balance. Some people just can't be bothered to use it and it gives the better players a small edge, which is justified imo.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
]
Kyle: The problem of posting after rebuying sounds like something that has been fixed in a coming release. The next time this happens to you, could you take a screenshot and send it to me with a brief explanation of why it's bad? I can push harder for a faster fix if I have more justification from players as to why it should be fixed.
Microgaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. I am headed to vegas so it may be a bit on the screen shot.

When a player first sits at a table he or she has to post in order to avoid being unfair to the other players since the new player would get to see free hands. Also if you can sit without posting you could jump tables and never post blinds giving you a tremendous unfair advantage.

The reason posting after getting stacked is awful is because you have already paid your blinds. For instance lets say I post the SB and during that hand I lose my stack. Now I have to rebuy and post a dead blind on the button after already paying my blinds!

This really needs to be fixed and was not a problem until the recent update. Where it somehow got changed.

I like all the new change other than this so keep up the good work.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:51 AM

Kyle: No worries on the screenshot. This should be enough information. I'll make sure they put a high priority on this. It sounds like this might have been a programming oversight; I can't see how this change could have been intentional. Good luck out in Vegas!

cobalt: Thanks for the clarification on the mucked hands.

These comments are very useful.

If possible, we are more excited about the upgrade now than before it went through. Microgaming are showing a serious interest in making the software as player-friendly as possible. Besides suggestions we and other operators have made, they are also demonstrating a willingness to try new things, like the fabulous Rabbit Cam.

Keep them coming! I talked with them this morning about the comments made so far, and the reaction was "This is great. Bring it on!"
Old 06-08-2007, 09:20 AM

Lydia, can you describe how the shuffling\deal is done on microgaming(or post a link to)? Is every card through the river decided when the deal start? In live games you can always know if your folded cards woulda hit, but i didnt think online shuffling worked like that.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Lydia,

Mucked cards are stored to the HH files in the game directory (in MG's case this is an SQLite database file). Applications can get them from there. The instant HH can get its info from wherever MG want it to, but it should also show mucked cards if they ever implement one. You should also be able to get them in playcheck. Note that Prima clients used to do both of these things (HH file and playcheck mucked cards), but stopped (I think because they screwed up the database implementation).

Forcing stacked players to post OOP is clearly a bug. And it's one that's costing me money. Needs to be fixed soon!

I don't think too many people are interested in social networking using MG. I'm pretty shocked that a potential buddy will be asked to confirm his entry onto your buddy list. It makes the list useless, and more than that means that people are going to get insulted and leave.

As I said before, I'd really like to be able to order a reload for what I've lost in a hand before I fold. This way I'd never have to start a hand with less than a full stack.

I realize the lag is probably the hardest thing for MG to address, but are they at least looking into it? It's been getting worse lately, and the casual players are starting to complain.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:37 AM

I'll address other questions soon.

Lag is a very important issue that Microgaming have not heard enough about. Any time that you experience lag, please send an e-mail to Support or use the Live Chat. Every complaint will be sent to Microgaming. You can also post in this thread for the time being about it; all these comments are being passed along.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 AM

canta: The deck is constantly being shuffled with an RNG. The turn and river cards are not determined once the flop hits the board. This is to ensure complete randomness. The Rabbit card that shows when all players muck is put on the board at the exact time that the turn/river card would have been displayed, so it is the same card that would have appeared had players stayed in the hand.

Let me know if I've missed a question somewhere.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM

Sorry to x-post. But does anyone know of any table mods for the Prima network.

Thanks.

Graham.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:55 PM

The Buddy List isn't going to work until other operators go live unless you try to add Eurolinx players. And we don't have many fish. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The other players can't see the invite yet.