Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: My Theory on Stars Chops

[ QUOTE ]
Can we please get stars to set up an automatic deal making like Party used. Party's system was sooooo awesome. I chopped at least 4 tourneys for 1st place money with 3 left. Also chopped two for more than 1st. Deal making can be another way to gain huge amounts of EV.

Please Stars.....Autodeal making system. gogogogoogo

[/ QUOTE ]

You chopped for more than first???
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please Stars.....Autodeal making system. gogogogoogo

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2007, 12:36 PM

I agree that Stars system would be cool if it was an automated system, but they definitely do a good job with that they have now. That would be a substantial software upgrade for them to include, but definitely worth it, IMO.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM

Do Full Tilt or Bodog allow chops? If so, how?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is one of each.

(A) 1 is either retarded or doesn't speak english
(B) 1 is willing to agree with anything
(C) 1 is happy with his or her numbers
(D) 1 wants to round his or her number up to an even amount

Stars support stars tourney back up

[/ QUOTE ]

2 types of posters on 2p2...

[/ QUOTE ]

Three types LDO

Those who can use correct grammar and those who can't

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ohh i should of gotten that

[/ QUOTE ]

(I hope)
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My theory: Don't chop unless i get more than first

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the majority of people that make the final table are in no situation to turn down a chop when that much money is at stake. Some of the pros here may not need that kinda of money but someone like me would die if I lost 90k because I had too much pride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you satted into the Million or another big MTT, this an absurd comment and a leak in mentality :P.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the majority of people that make the final table are in no situation to turn down a chop when that much money is at stake. Some of the pros here may not need that kinda of money but someone like me would die if I lost 90k because I had too much pride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you satted into the Million or another big MTT, this an absurd comment and a leak in mentality :P.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta disagree with you here...

I figure I'm very much like the average player - I play for fun, and try to win. I don't make too many FT's, and when I do, I try to win.

For smaller tourneys - for me a $4/180 is a good example - I would never consider chopping. The difference between 1st and whatever the chop would be is too little. (I'd rather gambool for $216 than chop for $100).

But when I make a FT of a bigger tourney with a decent prize pool, the difference between the chop amount and 1st prize may be significant enough that I want to lock in the profits.

I FT'd the $3r back in November, and ended up finishing 3rd after my AK lost to AQ. It was good for $1,600, which is a significant amount for my BR. That being said, I could probably have chopped at the time for $3,000 (1st was about $4,500). I wish I had done so, even if I had an edge in the tourney. I may have had an edge to win the full $4,500, but the number of times I get the chance to push that edge is too small for me to NOT take advantage of the guaranteed $$ in a chop.

Many posters here play so many MTTs, and FT so many of them, they can push that edge enough to make it worthwhile to reject any chops. I don't get the FT volume in to do the same.

My next 'big' FT will involve, I hope, some sort of chop where I can reduce my risk, but leave a fairly significant chunk on the table to play for. Best of both worlds - guarantee a good payout, but give me the ability to push my edge for more money.

On a separate (but related note), anybody else notice that Stars support has really deteriorated in recent weeks / months? I have seen several significant errors made by them when helping with Chop discussions. Things ranging from not noticing that some tourneys have to have $ left on the table, to chopping incorrectly ($ adds up to more than what's on the table), to simply not knowing the rules of chopping. (A deal is made with 4 people left, leaving $10k on the table. Gets to HU and the two remaining want to split the 10k. This is allowed according to the rules, but the host wouldn't let it happen.)

Not sure what's going on, but shape up support! You guys used to be the best... Don't lose that rep...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also the Sunday 100k (now 200k) bc anyone playing a 10 dollar entry fee (OK OK OK, EXCEPT for shaun [censored] deeb) thinks that the 8, 10, 16, 20k payouts are alot and are willing to chop. Yes, play is absurd, but do you want to risk yourself at 60% to 40% to play for 4k+ when thats more than double/triple your current roll?

maybe I'm a nit [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is silly. There's no reason to automatically assume you have an edge in the Final table of an event where you can chop for 90k. Plus, even if you're properly bankrolled for the buy in, that doesn't mean that you're properly bankrolled to turn down a chop.

My personal chop theory is to always accept a chip count chop when I have the chip lead. I'm also more willing to chop turbos and double shootout tourneys.