Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey

[ QUOTE ]
Connoly late seems nice. Glenn Murray late could be good also if you have IR spots.

Gonna take Ovechkin over Heater ? That could be a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was going to take him just cuz Im in Washington. But just found out the #1 guy is a big homer and taking him first. So I guess I have Loungo or Crosby..Or I guess Heatley..
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Connoly late seems nice. Glenn Murray late could be good also if you have IR spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was going to take him just cuz Im in Washington. But just found out the #1 guy is a big homer and taking him first. So I guess I have Loungo or Crosby..

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea what line Nylander will play on ? I drafted him
Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was going to take him just cuz Im in Washington. But just found out the #1 guy is a big homer and taking him first. So I guess I have Loungo or Crosby..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be second with Semin last I saw
Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So first is who ? Would be get 1st line power play ?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So first is who ? Would be get 1st line power play ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the first is, Alex, Koslov, Clark. Not sure on power play, havent seen anything definite yet.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nylander becomes #1 centre between the Alexander's

edit: the PP will have alexander x2, nylander, probably clark and pothier/poti. that's just my guess, though... i think nylander > kozlov, though...

as for who to pick with your #3 pick... if you have the opportunity to take crosby, you should not pass on him
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nylander becomes #1 centre between the Alexander's

edit: the PP will have alexander x2, nylander, probably clark and pothier/poti. that's just my guess, though... i think nylander > kozlov, though...

as for who to pick with your #3 pick... if you have the opportunity to take crosby, you should not pass on him

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way. If Crosby goes 2 (I think the guy is taking Loungo, but anyway), is Loungo the 3 pick? Or Heatley?

Also, to continue my list of possibly dumb questions. Since I am most likly going to screw up the end of my draft, is it more valuable to have a a great player or depth? At 3 should I keep Crosby/Loungo/Heatley or trade him right after the draft for a couple good players?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way. If Crosby goes 2 (I think the guy is taking Loungo, but anyway), is Loungo the 3 pick? Or Heatley?

Also, to continue my list of possibly dumb questions. Since I am most likly going to screw up the end of my draft, is it more valuable to have a a great player or depth? At 3 should I keep Crosby/Loungo/Heatley or trade him right after the draft for a couple good players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that mostly has to do with the format of your draft. I went in the 3 spot this year and instantly took Luongo because in my draft we have 2G's, no bench. So a guy who you can dress every single night against any team, and who will play 70 games, is just absolutely key. It also allows you to get some pretty good guys who may be undervalued later. Think Staal, Datsyuk, etc...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:54 PM

Yeah, definetly has a lot to do with how many players per roster, how many bench spots, what stat categories, etc.

It'd be fine to nab Luongo with the third pick in a standard fantasy league. It'd also be fine to nab Heatley (I took Heatley with the second pick in one of my leagues, behind first pick of Crosby).

I wouldn't recommend trading your stud first round pick or second or third round pick for a few not-as-good-but-still-good players. Depending on how deep your league is, you will have more than enough opportunities to pick up sleepers, search the free agent market for pickups, and more often than not, managers will make poor moves and you can benefit from them.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Cool. Thanks for the advice. My only reason for asking is because I most likely will be the manager making poor moves since this is my first year playing fantasy hockey..

If Crosby goes 2, I imagine I will go with Loungo just because Im not going to be great at picking goalies for value later in the draft and want to get someone very solid early given our rules..