Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

i thought of you as someone who might want to be one of the mentors.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM

This post makes me sad that I can't play online untill january [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Hi,

I started playing about 6 months ago. Read all the standard books. Read 2p2 and joined CR. Built a bankroll from scratch and am currently rolled for NL100. I put in about 30k hands a month plus study time. I have a good understanding of poker theory, but less success implementing it at the table.

My goal is a good winrate at NL 1/2. This would be a huge boost to my income, as I am currently 50% done a PhD program that pays me very little.

I primarily post strat in uNL section. While my advice may not be the best in the world, if you take a look at my posts you'll see they are thorough and well thought out.

Since I am a grad student, I have a good understanding of teaching and learning (my dissertation is on the connection between writing and learning). So while I may not be the most exciting poker candidate, I would be a productive and active member of the community. I gots potential baby.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM

You will mentor me, or I will kill this kitten.

No seriously please mentor me, winning player since '04 but still cant break through to the next level.

Mostly a cash player, but I've gone deep or scored in nlhe/horse/27triple draw/5 card draw MTTS. I have good fundamentals and poker understanding, but I'm still stuck playing low limits where everyone thinks the right way to play their top pair is to c/c the flop and c/r the turn, and I just cant stop firing apparently.

1. How you are currently improving your game
reading ssnl archives.
trying to think other peoples lines through while playing instead of my old habit of just deciding if i had the best hand and acting on that, or if i could get them to fold.
reading plo forum.
moving money away from stars and bodog [well to improve results, not game].
testing my previous theories of flop textures and when to fire/slow down, picked up a few things here by watching a good player.
trying to increase my turn/river aggression stats, getting easier with the above ^
trying to 3bet more pf, its hard to loosen my range there, but the villain giving me a lot more respect on the flop is nice.

2. Your poker goals.
Can't lie, more money is the goal.
I'd really love to improve on my NL headsup game.
Once I have a game I feel I can beat consistently I intend to set goals based on hand #'s a week, gradually increasing them every week or 2. I seem to have done worse in the past when I set monetary goals, so I'd rather set hand #s or fpps or something a little more arbitrary. However, I still have the goal of cashing 15k by March, and 50k total for next year.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
<100nl now, some <5/10 limit hu, <50plo. small winner all 3.
~7k mtt earnings (out of ~150mtt, <15-20 buyins over $20)
~6k cash earnings

4. Sorry dont have any quality strategy posts, I thought I could figure out and dominate poker by myself until a few months ago. I am a thinking player and am pretty capable at hand analysis.

5. winning aggressive player [with leaks] needs help!
In my former life I was a php coder and web developer, I'm good with php/c/perl/mysql and also done a good amount of video editing w/ video vegas (produced a 15min frag movie [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

I play 20-30 hours a week currently but if was winning would and not constantly underrolled it would be a lot more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], winnings in the last 5mos are @ ~2000
Old 11-23-2007, 08:15 AM

this is one of the more generous posts on here.
Nice work Jay GL
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM

1. Posting and reading threads in uNL/watching CR videos/reviewing hands with PT I felt needed more attention/also read the higher stakes forums when I get a chance/read alot of the wells
2. I want to be a consistent winning player. I just moved to 50NL so I want to crush that before I move up to SSNL. Once I move up I'll most likely be playing 100NL/200NL for awhile . I think moving up past those limits will be the real test for me from what I hear about the difference in skill levels. I want to move up to whatever stake I feel I can beat consistently/I'm most comfortable at. Whether that's 100NL/400NL/1000NL I'm not really sure at this point
3. 50NL around 2K. I find it hard to put in volume.
4. To be honest my strat posts are meh.. they're short and to the point. As far as theory/poo bah posts I intend to write one in the near future.
5. I'm 20. Engineering student from NY. I love playing/listening to music/web design/and other geeky [censored].
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM

i would love to do this also

i started off playing hold em, then moved predominently to omaha /8, then to omaha hi, then to random games, and now have started to return to hold em again and wish to improve my hold em game.
i subsribe to pokerplayer magazine and read the cardplayer articles online and also these forums (ldo). also watched a few of the deucescracked videos (although they are mainly limit) and learnt many things from watching tuff fish( last one may be false)
I would like to tighten up my game and fix my weak points, also learn more about EV and technical stuff, become solid player at some limits between 1/2nl and 3/6nl would be great
i am not playing too regularly of late, but i was play 2/4 plo quite regularly over last couple of months, having worked up from .25/.5 plo. on prima sites i used to play 2/4, 3/6 nl turbo tables and overall at FT playing plo i am up just under 6k$ ( was at most up 12k but nasty downswing recently made me withdraw most of my roll and tilt rest off) on prima playing hold em i am probably up around 1000$, with my biggest cash outs being 4200$ and 1500$ (this was when i was underage, so i never really recorded all these losses and wins, but i many times i deposited small amount and would try to go robusto or go bust)

i havent made many posts in NLHE strat, but in omaha i have made a few posts you could check

and the great part about me... i live just outside of leeds! and i often go to leeds as my brother is at uni there and i may be going there next year! i am 18 and love poker and other skill based, so called luck games, such as backgammon and gin rummy. i seem to like lots of logic and puzzle based games and enjoy all sport,(squash being favourite atm)

hope that is good ;-)
Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 PM

I'm interested! I made my way from microlimit to 200NL and I'd like to improve myself and play higher stakes.

I play about 70-80h/month and made about 10k in the last 5 months. I don't have a lot of post since I'm new in poker but they are almost all strategy post. First are microstakes, last are 200NL.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 PM

1. Reading/posting on 2p2, watching cardrunner videos, going over all my hands in PT after every session and seeing what I could have done different to maximize profit, constantly discussing hands with players I look upto on MSN/IRC.

2. To become a successful 5/10 NL reg (both 6max and HU) is my ultimate goal, all I want to do is be a winning player at those stakes right now.

3. Earned over 12k during the summer from NL50>NL200. Made a huge cash out for college in September now I have a tiny bankroll which I'm finding difficult to build back up for some reason. (I think too much heads up has affected my 6 max play in a very huge but bad way).
Back playing NL50/NL100 but have been playing breakeven for the last month which is unbelievably frustrating and unmotivating.

4.In my first year of college in the UK.. was planning to live of poker but due the reasons above im finding this difficult which is pretty frustrating and its really affecting my mindset whilst at college.

Have skype etc.. play about 15k-20k hands a month average, a bit more during the summer/holidays, plenty of time to dedicate myself to something like this as it can only do good things for me.

thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Would love to do this.

1. Been playing since I turned 18 (probably closer to 17 but didn't deposit until I was legal). I've played all variety's of holdem (limit/nl/sit's/mtt's). Successfully grinded $5 sit's and am able to beat micro nl tables (.10/25 mostly). Currently trying to beat the .25/.50 tables and am showing progress. I have been using pokertracker recently to try and improve my game and I am starting to see results from it. I also read lots of the micro strategy forum.

2. I don't want to be a full time pro. I do want to earn a substantial side income from poker, especially while i finish up my university degree. Would love to be able to crush the 1/2 - 2/4 levels of nl.

3. Current stakes are a mix of .10/.25 and .25/.50 6max nl. I don't have 100% accurate numbers but i have made approx. $2000-2500 from poker in the last 2 years. About $1000 of that is from grinding sit's. Another 1000 is from mtt's over the last 2 years. And I have made about $500 from cash games. I think I'm underestimating and will get an accurate number later.

4. Most of my posts have been in the micro limit strategy forum. Nothing substantial worth noting however, mostly just my view/opinion on any given hand posted.

5. I'm 20 and going to University. I'm a Computer Science major in a co-op degree, meaning its a 5 year degree and I get 2 years work experience. I tend to play more poker when I'm on work terms. Have done very little web stuff but would have no problems learning anything required to run your site.
Closed Thread