Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend vs. Random Hooksup (kinda long)

Ignore them- they're stupid.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gugel
I did what you are doing to an even greater degree. I met my wife when I was 15 and never even dated anyone else. I am now married with two children and will be 37 in November and I don't regret having lived my life this way.

Yea...A lot of my buddies ran around sticking anything that stood still long enough and they have plenty of stories to share at the local bar or fishing hole, but it doesn't bother me.

Also, I have a few friends that got 'those' phone calls from past triumphs, which is something I NEVER have to worry about.

It's really a matter of personal preference I think. If you know now that in 5 or 10 years you will be kicking yourself for not having sampled life a bit more then you really need to do some soul searching. Otherwise I believe banging chics just so you can say you did is not worth it in the long run.

Yes. I am 37 years old and have banged ONE chic my entire life. Flame away.....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

very commendable. anyone who flames this is a moron.

if you are happy that is all that matters.
if you are not do something/anything to change that.
live for today, not tommorrow's potential regrets.

i have had some "friends" laugh at me for NOT cheating on my wife, being loyal, etc. etc. it is not about opportunity or missing out on something. if you made a commitment stick to it. if you don't want to date anymore get out of it and do what you want. with your honor and dignity attached.

OP you are smart to ask these questions. everyone has them and always will. there are few people who get in a good relationship and ever regret it. infact i don't know any.

cheers. J.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 PM

So basically you debating changing your ways currently making you happy because random (douchebag) friends say it's the way to go. If you're happy keep it going man, whatever you want to do imho.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys who bang random [censored] would love to be in your position. They just think it's not cool to admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

It's not that difficult to get laid (despite what it seems like from reading OOT). What is difficult to do is find a woman you really enjoy spending non-sexy time with.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that difficult to get laid (despite what it seems like from reading OOT). What is difficult to do is find a woman you really enjoy spending non-sexy time with.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMFT!!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most people are genuinely confused that you are not them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft. A+ for conciseness
Old 08-18-2007, 09:33 AM

I think the actual act of [censored] a lot of differnet girls will be pretty insignificant when u look back on it. I think going out and meeting new women and chatting them up/going on dates/getting to know them etc is a pretty fun/memerable part of growing up.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMFT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can fully attest to this.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:51 AM

I have nothing to say here, I just really enjoy OP's use of the term 'hooksup.' It warms an old pedant's heart.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:40 PM

I think much of this depends on how much self-questioning you do. I'm getting married in a few months to a woman I've been with for 1/3 of my life, and I hadn't had too much experience prior to being with her. So in some sense I missed out on my prime in terms of trying to get with random women. Generally this doesn't bother me, but there are occasionally times where the "What if?" flashes through your head, particularly when you get attracted to other women (because you will.) Of course, you can break up with your girlfriend and be wondering years later "what if?" about that, too, but I think that's probably slightly less common.

Anyway, there's certainly nothing wrong with it, and I think there's a lot to recommend it. I can't imagine knowing another person at this point as I know my fiancee, and I think to a certain extent growing up together our personalities have intertwined. The main thing to be watching out for is whether that relationship still feels good and vital. Stuck in a relationship is no way to feel, and if you do get to that point then I think it's much easier to regret your decisions.