FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

supine, because I think I haven't voted yet
Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, that was pretty inconclusive.

Thinking out loud here: fmx, clown, LC (? Haven't reread him yet), fish, nichp are all votable. Dustin was scaring me a bit friday but has been pretty villagery this weekend. I also have not read him.

So, clown clears up some things, fmx resolves the day one bandwagons (which were pretty odd, and I really don't like the whole 'kbar being a wolf clears me' argument, because it doesn't, but it is slightly more likely to be put out by a villager I think.) LC is just a big whole in my mind right now, I need to reread him but he has 200+ posts in the thread. Daughter calling me, back in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
fnord, Sunday

the "that" he refers to in the first sentence is a reread of me.

fnord,

How come yesterday you reread me again and said my day one was villagery? I don't understand how you come to all these differing conclusions and keep on flipflopping on me after supposedly rereading me.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 AM

unvote

Only half here today.

Quick analysis of tomorrow, here is what I see the most probable situations being (assuming a mis lynch) (assuming dustin is village, which I think we have to assume because I don't think there is anyway dustin can ever be lynched, so if he is the wolf the game is over. The only way we can win is if he is not the wolf, so we have to work on the assumption that he is not the wolf):

If we lynch me today and scott is the wolf, he eats dustin tonight. If scott is not the wolf, fmx | supine gets eaten tonight, whichever is not the wolf.

If we lynch supine today and scott is the wolf, he eats fmx tonight. If he isn't the wolf, fmx|scott get eaten tonight, whichever is not the wolf.

If we lynch scott today, fmx gets eaten tonight if he is not the wolf, supine if he is.

If we lynch fmx today, scott or supine, which ever isn't the wolf is killed.

I should work through this a bit more, but I have to sling some code.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, that was pretty inconclusive.

Thinking out loud here: fmx, clown, LC (? Haven't reread him yet), fish, nichp are all votable. Dustin was scaring me a bit friday but has been pretty villagery this weekend. I also have not read him.

So, clown clears up some things, fmx resolves the day one bandwagons (which were pretty odd, and I really don't like the whole 'kbar being a wolf clears me' argument, because it doesn't, but it is slightly more likely to be put out by a villager I think.) LC is just a big whole in my mind right now, I need to reread him but he has 200+ posts in the thread. Daughter calling me, back in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
fnord, Sunday

the "that" he refers to in the first sentence is a reread of me.

fnord,

How come yesterday you reread me again and said my day one was villagery? I don't understand how you come to all these differing conclusions and keep on flipflopping on me after supposedly rereading me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I keep an open mind.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM

But I'm just wondering what you read that made you alternatively think I was a wolf, and then that I was a villager from days one to three or so

You don't need to quote anything, I just want a general idea of what your thought processes were
Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 AM

hey guys
had some real work to do this morning
gonna catch up
Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 AM

Also, the first time I reread just your posts. I was just going through and reading specific people. Yesterday I was rereading everything start to finish (well, start to sometime wed. or thur.)
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm just wondering what you read that made you alternatively think I was a wolf, and then that I was a villager from days one to three or so

You don't need to quote anything, I just want a general idea of what your thought processes were

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed on D2 where he said he didn't want to vote you (i think, one sec and i'll find it)
Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM

i can't find it, but on one of the earlier days he said he said he didn't like voting you
Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villagers:

bojtun
nez
dustin
fmxda

probably villager:

lastchance

post more please:

fishmonger
fnord

One of these is a wolf:

spaca
nich
vr
gt1t

wolves:

shorty
clowntable

[/ QUOTE ]
Supine's list the gt1t lynch day

Interestingly one of the four was a wolf. But how the HELL does anyone make a logical leap deciding that there is one wolf among those four? There were still 4 wolves left at that time; and seeing as how he has two "sure" wolfies in shorty and clown... he somehow puts together of random people, most of whom are very hard to read, and says there is exactly one wolf?? [/quote)

There were three wolves left at this time, not four. I saw clowntable and shorty as main suspect and decided the remaining wolf must be within that group.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, fish and fnord need to "post more please" but spaca doesn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no read whatsoever on those two while I had a tingling sense about spaca. It should be interpreted as "I have no idea about those two, they need to post more for me to form an opinion".

[ QUOTE ]
I hate this game. I don't want to lynch fnord. fmxda seems like an awkward vote aswell as he was the wagon wolfs concentred on d1.

I too cleared lc based on gt1t convo, but I may have to reread.

Bojtun, dustin and scott have been my surest villagers all game. I hate it if one of you are a wolf.

clown/fishmonger hopefully contains at least 1 wolf. Off the top of my head I can't find a single reason to vote fish, hes been largely invisble.

im so lost

[/ QUOTE ]

I reasoned that clown/fish must be either one wolf or both of them, but could not find anything wolfy about fish at this time as compared to clowntable. Why I abstained in the fish/clown flip I have explained elsewhere; actually I think it makes me more clear - why would i not vote clown if I was a wolf?

Your reasoning is quite bad.