< 10 hours/week 16 17.58%
10 to 20 hours/week 49 53.85%
20 to 30 hours/week 19 20.88%
30 to 40 hours/week 4 4.40%
> 40 hours/week 3 3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Average Speed VI Game Thread

Shortline benefitted greatly from the many times we all went after the most prominent players and they all turned out to be villagers. After the Kyro/Books day I don't think anyone had much heart for going after Shorty.

The Spook thing was my biggest mistake. I knew he wasn't a wolf. I don't know Spook well, but few wolves would make that post as an angle shot. If he was a wolf I am sure KM would mod-kill him. The rest of his play was so wolfy though that I was left using his angle shot to clear him, which I just wouldn't allow myself to do.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM

this makes 2 long games in a row where the other guy on the wagon got to live and nobody lynched him...at least in asV, he eventually got lynched...
Old 08-02-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

don't start giving me reasons to eat you night 1. you wouldn't enjoy that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shortline,

It doesn't matter because the people who don't know better are going to suspect me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guilty. I suspected you from the start.

[ QUOTE ]
this makes 2 long games in a row where the other guy on the wagon got to live and nobody lynched him...at least in asV, he eventually got lynched...

[/ QUOTE ]

And the bastard deserved to die.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 PM

come on, I was making some very valid points about how shorty was trying to control the game when he wasn't needed.

Also, I can't believe he got away with saying that he was big in lynching XX and XX wolves the previous day when it seemed like all he did was go after me.

The wolfs did play great for the first week or so. It was almost a sweep.

I really wouldn't have minded being mod killed. My post was a bit uncalled for, but was very much my emotion. I usually avoid long games because I have a funny work schedule and no internet at work, so I wasn't going to have much of a chance on the following days (thursday and friday) to go over posts and strategy.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:01 PM

heh. i'm not sure if taking credit for the will thing went as i planned. i think i overthought that post.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just so results-oriented. There's no reason to automatically lynch the other person (or even to tend towards lynching him) - he's no more likely to be a wolf than any other player. In fact, he's usually LESS likely to be a wolf, because it's usually more difficult to get a high number of votes on a wolf on day 1.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:53 AM

haha just got back, great job fellow pirates =). Probably dont deserve as much credit as the rest of you, but glad I could do my part in this win. I had a bad feeling after fish came out ... thought we might actually lose, but we played a great end game.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:57 AM

both times the person who didn't get lynched had so many votes because he was considered VERY wolfy by MANY people; but the wolves pushed another person as wolfy and people bought into it and then on day 2+ said "wolves wouldn't so obviously save x, so they aren't a wolf" even tho they thought X was a wolf up until they barely got saved day one

u don't always auto-lynch the 2nd bandwagon person, but when they act so wolfy and most of the villagers think they are a wolf, u have to pay attention to that

both times the majority of the wolves were on the day one bandwagon that got lynched over the wolfy suspected wolf

Old 02-21-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
both times the person who didn't get lynched had so many votes because he was considered VERY wolfy by MANY people; but the wolves pushed another person as wolfy and people bought into it and then on day 2+ said "wolves wouldn't so obviously save x, so they aren't a wolf" even tho they thought X was a wolf up until they barely got saved day one

u don't always auto-lynch the 2nd bandwagon person, but when they act so wolfy and most of the villagers think they are a wolf, u have to pay attention to that

both times the majority of the wolves were on the day one bandwagon that got lynched over the wolfy suspected wolf

[/ QUOTE ]
bump because this post is so applicable and because i'm a dick
Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Traz, it's good to know you caught on...but you died. I started catching onto Shorty my last day and was completely on to Scott the whole time. I also died. That means nothing about how good or bad the PoG WW players are. Stop it, plz. Shorty played a PHENOMENAL wolf game. Give the guy a shred of credit at least

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to address this on my way out. I stand by my statement that Shortline didn't play GODLY. He played well, but it seems like he played AMAZINGLY because the village refused to vote him off for days and days. Two things happen after long games...people say "i knew it all along", and people say "WOW THAT WOLF PLAYED REALLY GOOD" as a way of making it seem like the village DIDN'T play bad. Does that make sense? The village played worse than shorty played good, and I'm included int he vilage. I'm not discrediting him at all, and I realise I sound like that alot on pog when I talk about who's good and who's not. Shortline is good, I told him as much in person, and he knows that I don't think anything bad about him. But I don't think he was some super uber wolf who was impossible to read. If thats the case, then I at least should get credit for being able to read an unreadable wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]
This post is also brilliant.