Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 2 (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
herbie,

you should think about it more, because there's nothing wrong w/ my plan.

if i say "x is wolf" you're not lynching him today anyway. so why not write it in my log entry so you're guaranteed to have it if i get nightkilled?

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as you can see the potential disaster of you dying with a live Borg peek and getting your computer access blocked tonight then you can do what you do, this just seems too much like faking seer as a villager - small reward vs big risk if you actually have a Borg peek.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a peek there is absolutely, in my opinion, no reason not to come out with it. There are only 3 left. Getting another one is huge at this point. Plus, computer access and purge logs are both viable weapons the borg could use against it. Seriously, if you are really good then the borg would be dumb not to block your computer access and just kill you tonight.

Dumb idea and it makes you very very suspicious.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM

DMK,

I agree with Herbie. Explain what you gain by not announcing your peek. The Borg would want you dead regardless of what you found simply because your peek went thru. Please give it to us, your play here is way too FPS methinks.

Valk,

Last nights peek results?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM

And DMK - I understand your play here and if you really think it is best I can accept that. I just wouldn't do it if I were you is all.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Hey guys, gg. It would have been surprising if I wasn't so bad in the beginning of the game.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, gg. It would have been surprising if I wasn't so bad in the beginning of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why exactly did you claim Lore in your very first post? Had it come down to must lynch between you two I would have voted you just for that.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Here is the results of my re-read. I was originally going to do the whole thread at once, but day 1 is huge, so I'm gonna go day by day.

<u>lastchance</u>: From post #8867193 Day 1

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting that I got voted for giving out a nice, rational thought (which is admittedly, far from the norm this early), but I really thought Luckay got the TFG = Lore thing too quickly (which I assume is correct).

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember what traz said? Wolves often use assume to say things that they already know? Now we all know that TFG is lore, and lastchance "assumed" he was. It's bizarre to me that he would vote luckay for saying that TFG is lore, while saying it himself. BTW, the rest of that post was a recap of the strategy discussions.

Late in the day, he's pushing GT1T when there's a tie between him, Stephen, dmk &amp; spook. We know Stephen is a wolf. dmk could still be evil seer. Spook and LC would be a very reasonable wolf team, perhaps?

<u>Spook</u>: His very first post of the thread, #8863602, screamed wolf. It hasn't improved since. The part that has always stood out to me:

[ QUOTE ]

How worthless is it to have two 1/3 seers? Ugh. How

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this as: I need to act like a disgusted villager... OK, good, time to carry on.

<u>IY</u>: Says stephen is a wolf. Stephen wagon has some steam. IY doesn't vote anybody. Gross.

<u>Clown</u>: #8864510. He claims vanillager. Why? What does he stand to gain by this? If he is a vanillager, he just narrowed down the wolves targets for seer/doctor. If he is a village (or borg) power role, and gets PR'd, he gets lynched for being a liar. If he's a vanilla borg, he's made himself fairly nondescript, and more importantly, people say "why would he do that as Borg?". Clown's a saavy player, and he's perfectly capable of pulling this off as wolf. And, as a smart player, he should recognize that this gains zero advantage for a villager, but some advantage as a wolf.

He spends a big chunk of day one discussing strategy. There was transporter strategy for the village that made no sense, and there was some stuff for Data that was rehashing what someone had already gone over. I consider regurgitating strategy to be a wolf tell.

<u>MDD</u>: Not a [censored] of a lot here from him, since he came in late in the day. We'll leave him for now.

<u>FCBL</u>: #8865705. Totally random, out-of-nowhere, he says we should lynch shorty. Because he's a pain in the ass. This seems strange coming from a new player. There's no way shorty is lynched day one, and pushing for him seems odd. We know shorty isn't living past day 3 or 4 in any game, and he may be trying to separate himself from his wolf partner.

<u>Herbie</u>: He had a little freak out on TFG day one for admitting he was Lore. I thought at the time it was kind of villagery, but every time I read through it, it bothers me a little bit. Now we know for a fact that TFG is lore, and I'm left to wonder if this is something Herbie did to appear villagery. The whole thing seems so forced and unnecessary.

Post #8863664. This is starting to make me think that he/spook/tfg are a reasonable team.

Post #8866761. Here he tries to stifle strategy talk. Discussing ideas is a good thing. Regurgitating ideas (see clown above) is not harmful, but is often something wolves do to appear helpful, without actually helping. Back to herbie: there's some powers in this game that are useless without villager coordination. Yes, the wolves can take advantage of the posts in thread, and the strategy therein. But they can't counteract every possibility. AND, no coordination among villagers ultimately means wasted credits and wasted opportunities.

Quick note on the Stephen votes at the end. I know I've covered this before, but we know more now than we did on day 2.

At 9:05 it's 4-4-3-3 Stephen - GT1T - Spook - dmk

Votes come in on stephen in this order

Boiler (villager)
FCBL (unknown)
MDD (Unknown)
nez (unknown, peeked village by valk)
TFG (Lore)
traz (villager)
fmxda, VERY late (Borg)

If Spook is a wolf, he's a wolf Doctor, which is very valuable while Worf is alive. Since he's traz's mason, he would be able to gather info from traz. I'm sure any wolf team would like to know what villager traz is thinking. He would definitely be worth protecting. The FCBL &amp; MDD votes come at a good time to protect Spook, and may help them look clear. On their own, those votes are not much.

After day one, I see no wolf team that doesn't include spook. I could see him teamed with either Lastchance or Herbie.

Iron_yuppie had an absolutely awful day 1.

To be continued...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Peek sucked didn't give me what I'd hoped. Of course I'll give it to you and all the info you want. I just want to make sure I'm giving the village what they think is best. Let me know if you want all the info or just who and by the way, yes it was a villager.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peek sucked didn't give me what I'd hoped. Of course I'll give it to you and all the info you want. I just want to make sure I'm giving the village what they think is best. Let me know if you want all the info or just who and by the way, yes it was a villager.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just who to start with is fine
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM

[censored]. i forgot about block access...

k, i peeked IY, he is vanilla borgia

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM

Give me your thoughts, I'll be back in about 1/2 hour.