Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: ** Official August Chat Thread: The White Swan **

I wish my workplace wasn't like a cave maybe i need a lamp.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've also come to terms with the fact that pt stats really aren't a very good indicator as to how good a player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PT Stats give a good indication of hand ranges and villain approaches to the game, but don't line up with how good a player is.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Kings cracked 6 times all in pre in less than 500 hands what the [censored] is going on :|:|:|:|

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry. Just needed a cry.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've also come to terms with the fact that pt stats really aren't a very good indicator as to how good a player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PT Stats give a good indication of hand ranges and villain approaches to the game, but don't line up with how good a player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm finding this to be true as well. Seems there are lots of players with vpip < 18% that have almost no idea what they're doing. Is that what you meant 1p0kerboy, or do you see good players with wacky stats?

btw, I'm destroying this month. Today's graph.....

[image][/image]
Old 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm finding this to be true as well. Seems there are lots of players with vpip < 18% that have almost no idea what they're doing. Is that what you meant 1p0kerboy, or do you see good players with wacky stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, most players have a solid understanding of "good starting hands" to play preflop, but have no idea how to play postflop. I agree with MT2R that PT stats are good for hand ranges in Full Ring, but using them to judge the ability of a player isn't accurate. Any moron can download a starting hands chart and think they are good..
Old 08-27-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that what you meant 1p0kerboy, or do you see good players with wacky stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly I'm referring to some players having good stats but really making some bad decisions in big pots.

But yeah, I think it goes the other way too.

I don't think preflop stats are going to be any kind of indication as to what a player's winrate should be, although it certainly could tells you areas of his game that are weak or strong.

I used to put a lot of emphasis into stats AFA telling how successful a player should be. But you can't do that. Because the few times that an opponent makes a horrible mistake (and there are several different ways to make big mistakes) it's going to show up as an irrelevant fraction of a stat, even though it will impact his winrate much more than that.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 PM

I mainly just look at PFR and AF for the most part. I definitely don't look at winrate. Hell, just about every NL100 regular who posts here is a loser in my database. But I try to be careful in pots with them.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is that what you meant 1p0kerboy, or do you see good players with wacky stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly I'm referring to some players having good stats but really making some bad decisions in big pots.

But yeah, I think it goes the other way too.

I don't think preflop stats are going to be any kind of indication as to what a player's winrate should be, although it certainly could tells you areas of his game that are weak or strong.

I used to put a lot of emphasis into stats AFA telling how successful a player should be. But you can't do that. Because the few times that an opponent makes a horrible mistake (and there are several different ways to make big mistakes) it's going to show up as an irrelevant fraction of a stat, even though it will impact his winrate much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, I am a frequent offender of this.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mainly just look at PFR and AF for the most part. I definitely don't look at winrate. Hell, just about every NL100 regular who posts here is a loser in my database. But I try to be careful in pots with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't talking about BB/100 stats, they are talking about PFR and AF

Anyways..quick and easy question. Caller is Ajven(LOL) at 14/7/4 and the raiser is 12/5/6

What's your play and why?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $191.35
BB: $200.00
UTG: $172.60
UTG+1: $60.00
Hero (MP): $197.00
CO: $330.25
BTN: $379.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00, <font color="red">BTN raises to $32.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero ???
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They aren't talking about BB/100 stats, they are talking about PFR and AF

Anyways..quick and easy question. Caller is Ajven(LOL) at 14/7/4 and the raiser is 12/5/6

What's your play and why?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $191.35
BB: $200.00
UTG: $172.60
UTG+1: $60.00
Hero (MP): $197.00
CO: $330.25
BTN: $379.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00, <font color="red">BTN raises to $32.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta repop it because of your position and 3betters/callers stacks. And thats because the caller will call also because they are deepish.

The caller gets a great prize and wont make a mistake preflop and wont make big mistake after the flop either. You will trap the 3bettor but u cant let the caller get a 'free ride' to stack you. Also the 3bettor might think u think he is just squeezing and get it in with premium hands.

Repop it to 72 to make it look like u might still fold.
Closed Thread