Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Week Seven preliminary pick

Thankfully there was justice tonight with Kellie leaving. This gives me the opportunity to hedge my bet with Paris making the top 4. My current bet is $100 to win $375 that she makes it. I now know that she will not make it, so I will make the appropriate wager next week to return a profit.

Even though he has virtually no chance to actually win this thing, I have become a huge Elliot fan, especially these last 3 weeks. I hope he goes as far as possible, which might end up putting him 3rd.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:44 PM

wow, kellie gone!..... llabb had a great run with his picks/calls, but the clock strikes midnight with the pickler pick [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

i haven't seen much of the recent episodes (i'm on west coast so wouldn't have seen tonight anyhow), and lakers games with shared TV with scuttle my chance to see A.I. tonight.

as the previous poster said, get on chris.... he's from north carolina and the support for the moderately talented pickler was huge.. and chris will probably get alot of taylor/elliott votes when they are voted off (although taylor could win)... anyone notice that 7 of final 9 from southeastern USA (hope my math is correct - 5 of final 6, then 2 of 3 eliminated before that).

anyhow, get all over paris to go home and chris to win, i'd say.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, kellie gone!..... llabb had a great run with his picks/calls, but the clock strikes midnight with the pickler pick [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great run? The guy's a net loser. He has no clue about American Idol.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he did have some really nice calls earlier in the competition.... mandisa at 25 to 1 to go home was a great one....
Old 04-26-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do anything to get this guy banned. He is quite possibly the biggest jerk off that has ever been posting on 2+2. Craig?
Old 04-27-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do anything to get this guy banned. He is quite possibly the biggest jerk off that has ever been posting on 2+2. Craig?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Stop crying.
2) Click "ImBen".
3) Click "Ignore User".
4) <Optional> Learn English.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly recommend adding him to your ignore list. Click on his username and on his profile page there's an option to ignore. You won't see any of their posts.

he made my ignore list earlier due to some retarded responses in the zoo (combined with realizing at that time he had insulted me earlier in this thread).
Old 04-27-2006, 02:25 AM

I didn't get a chance to post anything right before the show, but Kellie got absolutely hammered in last minute betting. Her stock took a major dive preshow. I was watching for last-minute hedge opportunities, and the market just nose-dived. I was still happy to be on the obvious right side of the Paris line movement, just wish I'd taken advantage of the hedge opportunity.

For those that didn't watch:

They divided in to three groups of two. Taylor and Elliot were sat first. Chris and Kat were sat second, and were specifically announced as being the top two in votes. That left Paris and Pickler as the announced bottom two, and Pickler was eliminated.

"season" record: 3-4 on elimination picks. +0.1762 units
Old 04-27-2006, 02:46 PM

It was good to see Kat in the top two after getting ripped by the judges. It was also good to see the judges admit they were wrong after listening to it over again. At least it shows that people are not paying attention only to the judges comments.

Tuesday was the first time I ever tried to vote so I don't know what is common experience but I was unable to get through and vote for Katharine on either of the two lines they posted for her. I tried for two hours as I felt the judges had treated her poorly and I wanted to support her. She may very well have been the top vote getter this week. All I got was a busy signal the entire time.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:01 PM

Default Week Eight (top five) preliminary pick

Paris to go home, @ -170. I don't see this getting any better after the show.

.85 units risked to win one-half unit. "season" record: 3-4 on elimination picks. +0.1762 units

Supposedly the song choices for this week have been leaked:

1. Paris-- Kiss (Prince) and Without You (Mary J. Blige).
2. Kat-- Against All Odds (Phil Collins) and Black Horse and Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall)
3. Taylor-- Play that Funky Music (Wild Cherry) and Something (Beatles - George Harrison wrote this one)
4. Elliot-- On Broadway (George Benson) and Home (Micheal Buble)
5. Chris-- Renegade (Styx) and "I Dare You" (Shinedown)

Based on this leak, preliminary pick for bottom two are Paris and Taylor, with Paris being eliminated.