Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

so, if i go in a stab/slice and you side step, then what? oh thats right, you still lose because you've let me close the distance in which a bat loses all of its beneficial attributes.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 PM

Im fairly sure, I could charge someone if they had a bat, and get close enough to stab them w/o getting knocked out about 75% of the time. Like I said, Ive seen people lose a fight that had a pipe/bat/golf club, and you people are overestimating how easy it is to do enough damage to someeon that they back down with a blunt instrument (as long as it isnt a sucker hit obv). Im willing to do a 10k PROP bet even, if someone wants to pay for the plane ticket...and yes, you can use a real bat, its worth the 10k.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 PM

what makes you think getting within knife range equates to game over? i'd bet the average 20something year old male can get into knife range w/o critical damage 95% of the time against a clone of himself.

however, not all of us have ninja knife skills. or even mediocre knife skills for that matter
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think getting within knife range equates to game over? i'd bet the average 20something year old male can get into knife range w/o critical damage 95% of the time against a clone of himself.

however, not all of us have ninja knife skills. or even mediocre knife skills for that matter

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd bet the average 20something year old male can get into knife range w/o critical damage 95% of the time against a clone of himself.

ok...well....if you agree to that, I dont see how you can possibly say that the guy with the bat would win. using a knife correctly is very hard, but once you are within knife range....it gets a lot easier.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM

once you get in closer range, using the bat effectively is not that difficult either. jab to the face, knife hand, throat, solar plexus, groin -> back up and swing for the fences.

i think bat vs. knife is 50/50 on average, but against myself, bat would win maybe 80% of the time.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the people that keep saying the bat is useless or minimally useful in close really aren't thinking.

Go ahead, come in real close like -- makes it real easy to put one hand on either end of the bat and slam it upwards into your chin.

Or if the bat is behind you -- just grab both ends and slam it against that thing called a spine which will be nicely exposed on the back of your neck.

Oh and while you are busy charging in there is of course no chance that I will just slam that bat straight-forward into your on-coming charge -- it won't be the lest bit distracting for you.

-----------

Anybody wonder why the much greater percentage of effort involved in the development of weapon technology has been focused on distance?

[/ QUOTE ]
Go ahead, come in real close like -- that way I can puncture your lung and then give you a Columbian necktie.

Or if the bat is behind you -- just grab your knife and stab into what's nicely exposed, the bundle of nerves at the base of the neck.

Your post is so stupid it makes me think you're clinically retarded. There are a bunch of good examples of posts in this thread, all of which exhibit some knowledge or strategy that pertains to winning this particular fight. Your post amounts to, "I WILL KICK YOUR ASS BY SLAMMING YOUR CHIN! I WILL THEN ROUNDHOUSE KICK YOU INTO OBLIVION."

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody wonder why the much greater percentage of effort involved in the development of weapon technology has been focused on distance?

[/ QUOTE ]
The answer to that is as obvious as it is irrelevant.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once you get in closer range, using the bat effectively is not that difficult either. jab to the face, knife hand, throat, solar plexus, groin -> back up and swing for the fences.

i think bat vs. knife is 50/50 on average, but against myself, bat would win maybe 80% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you arent going to knock me out though, with a jab to teh face, I will be close enough to gut you though.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
theres a group called the Dog Brothers that have probably resolved this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

They call themselves "stick grapplers" now. And Marc, the head guy there now, says everyone was surprised how quickly jiu-jitsu men who were less than first rate got in on them even with their kali sticks.

Kali sticks are far easier to handle than bats.

Draw your own conclusions.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:08 PM

I haven't read this thread, because I was already heavily involved in the last one, but kali sticks and bats are like apples and oranges, just thought I'd throw that in before that debate goes any further.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read this thread, because I was already heavily involved in the last one, but kali sticks and bats are like apples and oranges, just thought I'd throw that in before that debate goes any further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prediction:

next 5 years, number 3 girls name on the coasts will be Kali.