Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: PS: 10 Billionth Hand Promo Details

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need the announcement? You can just read the hand number on the corner of the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't need it. Just found it unusual that they stopped showing up.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 PM

I haven't been playing for hte past few hours.

Possible they turned off the announcements that hover over the cards if you have 'disable pop-ups' on your options?

Used to be that the milestone announcements over-ran the 'disable tournament announcements'.
Several people on here claimed the announcements were pretty annoying and they had to wait for the announcement to vanish because they couldn't see the cards on the board.

So maybe Stars listened on this one and turned off the pop-ups IF you have the 'disable tourney announcements' enacted.

Again, I haven't played yet today so am not sure.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. the first promotion went to a 2/4 stars limit table which is where i spend most of my time. I know half of the players who were at the table. The winner "Jerzey Jim" is a very solid player who I've logged over a thousand hands against.

I cannot believe that I didn't play last night. With only about 6 2/4 tables going at any one time I surely could have been at this table.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh that was me. I split the pot with Annunziata. My car broke down yesterday too so the little windfall was helpful.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they pause the hand and tell you that you hit the milestone.
it's still possible not to notice this while you are 12-tabling though, especially since you are evidently completely missing the other announcements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bob. How long do they pause? Is there any audio or visual prompt? I 12 table (on one monitor) and I'm concerned about this too. I try to check the number in the upper left corner before I fold any hand when the milestone gets close, but that really slows me down 12 tabling.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what kind of announcement they make to the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a different table and PS put up a announcement the winning hand was about to be dealt at table whatever and went over to watch. That table was on pause and in the chat box it said the hand will be dealt in a minute.

Then three tards folded preflop, one left. The rail kept encouraging everyone to push. Good times were had by all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it look like every other red letter announcement in the chat box, or was it in bold or something? Did it say specifically that table was the winner?

Any audio or visual prompt?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Well just make sure you turn on observer chat during this promotion. If there's all of a sudden 500 railbirds you're probably at a milestone table.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:50 PM

it's a red text announcement in the chat-box.
I don't know if there's also a pop-up announcement on the table that says 'You won!!' or anything because I didn't care there in time to see anything like that.

Also note that everybody will be chatting like crazy during the 1 minute you are waiting for the hand. So if you had pre-selected the fold check-box there would still be plenty of time to notice that something happened and to go uncheck it.

I really don't think you need to slow-down while 12 tabling to check and see on every one.
However, if you're not paying attention at all I do think it's possible you could just ignore the red-announcement and all the chat and completely miss it still.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Yeah, I don't think you really need to worry about missing it if it's at your table. The hand histories for a couple of them were posted over in Internet Bonuses, and the chat is filled with railbirders babbling on "Don't Fold", "All-In", "Check it Down", etc, etc...and the amount of chat before the deal seems to indicate there's a fairly lengthy pause. Then when 2 or 3 morons fold anyway, the mocking begins.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well just make sure you turn on observer chat during this promotion. If there's all of a sudden 500 railbirds you're probably at a milestone table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Office [censored] up my Stars chat but I'm trying to fix it.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:57 PM

nevermind