Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you climax during sex?
never 7 3.83%
rarely 4 2.19%
sometimes 10 5.46%
often 11 6.01%
nearly always 53 28.96%
always 98 53.55%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: CHI/ARZ Thread

[ QUOTE ]
You guys keep calling him a money kicker, he is awful this year. I mean he's 7-11 this year which isn't exactly that great. Yes from 40 he should have definitely gotten it but come on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, this year, now counting that miss, he has been off, but he DID set a FG record last year, and is easily considered one of the top kickers in the game.

[ QUOTE ]
I take it back, btw. Nick Anderson's 4 missed ft's were the biggest choke ever, then Yankees, then Hoch in the US Open, ( I think)

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Yankee fan, I feel that the 2004 ALCS was the biggest choke job in the history of team sports.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is only a medium choke, in terms of sports choking.

Mickelson, Penny Hardaway (4 missed free throws, 96 NBA finals), Greg Norman, Buckman, Bartman...

[/ QUOTE ]
Nick Anderson, not Penny HArdaway. But yes, that was bigger. Mickelson wasn't as bad, Norman was close, but not really, BArtman, meh, no biggie at all, and I assume you meant buckner, which is a big choke, but really, any hit scores the run. These guys were down 13 with the opponent having the ball with 5 minutes left, and a faltering offense. It;s right up there with the great collapses of all time.

THe biggest, though, is EASILY the Yankess in 2004 ALCS.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, read some more of this thread.

You guys are blowing this game wayyyyy out of proportion. This was a horrible team playing a (to them) meaningless regular season game, and their horrible-ness caught up with them. Pity they don't play 12 minute quarters, they would have won by like ten. All the chokes listed above happened in playoff or majors situations.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you can't honestly say the Colts are a better team than the Bears. As ugly as this win was, the Colts have had uglier.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they haven't. The cumulative body of work by the Colts this season has been less impressive but they haven't looked as bad as Chicago did tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they haven't looked anywhere near as good as Chicago did vs Seattle
Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 AM

I know what he did. He was awesome. This year it's Gould suprisingly who wasn't that great last yera. It's weird that Rackers isn't playing well. I expect him to play well and I expect him to hit from 40 yards but he didn't and that's pretty damn depressing.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 AM

agreed - Rackers obviously choked but this was a meaningless game and therefore can't even begin to compare to those others.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 AM

tug,

You have no clue about football it seems.

A retarded monkey could have put them on autopilot on they would have won. Bears O sucks. Run/run/run/punt should be v v standard when up by 20 with 1 Q left.

They made up a 20 pt deficit in 15:02 without an offensive score.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 AM

I have never seen a defense bail out a QB like that before. Grossman put up the worst game by a QB that I can remember. This is one of the most bizarre and saddest games I have ever seen. The Arizona defense played unbelievable (can't believe I just said that) and somehow they still found a way to blow the game. Maybe the worst offensive line in the league (Oakland probably has something to say about it). To quote NFL Quarterback '94, "UNBELIEVABLE"
Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 AM

meaningless for who? I doubt it's meaningless to the Cardinals. This isn't a playoff game but this became an important game for both teams.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wierd, I thought the Colts were 5-0 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Undefeated teams usually make the playoffs, though.

Colts. Playoffs. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one on the bears has won more than a playoff game with the team. The Colts have vastly more playoff experience (and success) than Chicago does.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that the colts have never won anything? That doesnt sound too successful to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just stupid. They are the 4th/5th most successful team of the last 5 years by any reasonable measure. The haters love to point out that the Colts haven't won the superbowl, but unless you are the Pats, Steelers, Bucs or Eagles you'd trade your last 5 seasons for theirs in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

They havent even been to a superbowl. I guess if your definition of success is doing real well in the regular season, and maybe winning a playoff game, then ok.. they have been successful.

(Im from New England by the way.. GO PATS)