Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: ***** Official Netherlands v. Portugal Thready *****

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how would suggesting that Portugul is a dog mean I hate Euro teams when they are playing a Euro team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you hate euro teams based on this, you said it yourself. You even started a thread for it. When I said "you really hate euro teams" that had to do with you putting Ecuador ahead of Portugal.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Clark & FH are both all over the place. Clark, when he said you hate Euro teams he was referring to you making the same England a favourite over Portugal that you thought was a dog to Ecuador (I'm not saying that's what you said, but that's what he thinks you said). Aren't you poker players s'posed to be better at multi-level thinking?

That aside - did anyone else think Miguel had a fabulous game up to the point when the match completely fell apart? I thought he defended really well, making a couple of expert tackles in which he not only dispossessed the attacker but indeed came away with the ball himself, and he made some excellent runs deep into Dutch territory.

[/ QUOTE ]
Miguel is the best player for portugal so far in the WC
Old 06-25-2006, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Clark & FH are both all over the place. Clark, when he said you hate Euro teams he was referring to you making the same England a favourite over Portugal that you thought was a dog to Ecuador (I'm not saying that's what you said, but that's what he thinks you said). Aren't you poker players s'posed to be better at multi-level thinking?

That aside - did anyone else think Miguel had a fabulous game up to the point when the match completely fell apart? I thought he defended really well, making a couple of expert tackles in which he not only dispossessed the attacker but indeed came away with the ball himself, and he made some excellent runs deep into Dutch territory.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if only we could get someone half as good as Miguel and Paulo Ferreira to play on the left ...
Old 06-25-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if only we could get someone half as good as Miguel and Paulo Ferreira to play on the left ...

[/ QUOTE ]true,
imo the only two position who are a bit sub par in the team are defensive left side and striker ,don't get me wrong pauleta is a great player and i can tell my team is the PSG but he seems off tempo so far and isn't able too put pressure on the defense [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2006, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]true,
imo the only two position who are a bit sub par in the team are defensive left side and striker ,don't get me wrong pauleta is a great player and i can tell my team is the PSG but he seems off tempo so far and isn't able too put pressure on the defense [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, things aren't going right for him, although I think he had a fairly good game today, considering he only played one half. Nice assist for Maniche and he almost scored a good looking goal. Let's see if he picks it up against England.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:37 PM

Portugal is dirty as hell. Ugly game.

I knew the refs would fck Netherlands with the stoppage time.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how would suggesting that Portugul is a dog mean I hate Euro teams when they are playing a Euro team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Dutch Premier is a 2nd rate league at that . . .

. . . they are seriously overrated in this thread. With the majority of there players coming from that league, it was invitable.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: ***** Official Netherlands v. Portugal Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
i predict that the two countries will go to war within 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not. That just means we'll lose more Americans.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering when someone else would state the obvious. All I read in this thread was "those dirty Dutch" - uhhh, ok. No Dutch players headbutted the opposition. No Dutch players simulated a broken face to get a player ejected.

The referee lost the plot when Figo stayed on and Bouhlarouz was sent off.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering when someone else would state the obvious. All I read in this thread was "those dirty Dutch" - uhhh, ok. No Dutch players headbutted the opposition. No Dutch players simulated a broken face to get a player ejected.

The referee lost the plot when Figo stayed on and Bouhlarouz was sent off.

[/ QUOTE ]

no portuguese player stuck his studs in a dutch player's thigh.

I'm not saying the dutch were particularly dirty (beyong the Ronaldo episode) but I don't see why the portuguese were either. It was just a rough game, both sides were pretty violent at times.

PS: Figo had a pretty big mark in his face after that play, not saying he did dive (because he did) but he was also hit.