Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

IRT women liking tall guys, consider that while a guy may or may not get fat as he gets old, he's always going to be tall.

In the same way, money doesn't age, but looks do. It's about security, not necessarily superficiality.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What dictates the modes of attraction that are socially acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much $ you make?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

You say its about how much $ you have but how do you flaunt this in a bar without saying, "Hi, I'm rich!" Buy a 5k watch and designer clothes? Buy drinks for random people? Make sure you valet your Ferrari in view of everyone before going into the club? How does random skank know how much money you have?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 PM

wow, tboss, why does she have to be a "skank"? mr don imus would prefer you at least say hoes.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:30 PM

Security is long-term. Being able to party and buy you stuff is short-term. I doubt women get the two mixed up very often, or that everything they do, especially at very young ages, is all about teh security. Or even much of it at all.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, tboss, why does she have to be a "skank"? mr don imus would prefer you at least say hoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe skank is the wrong word but if the only reason a girl is interested in me is because of how much stuff I can buy her then its not a girl that I can respect.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What dictates the modes of attraction that are socially acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much $ you make?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

You say its about how much $ you have but how do you flaunt this in a bar without saying, "Hi, I'm rich!" Buy a 5k watch and designer clothes? Buy drinks for random people? Make sure you valet your Ferrari in view of everyone before going into the club? How does random skank know how much money you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without fail, the first question I am asked is, "What do you do?"

This is used freely and as an interruption to any and everything that is going on at the time -- different activities, subjects, talking to somebody else, whatever. It is just that vital and must be known NOW. The reactions can be priceless.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IRT women liking tall guys, consider that while a guy may or may not get fat as he gets old, he's always going to be tall.

In the same way, money doesn't age, but looks do. It's about security, not necessarily superficiality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single day you reinforce the notion around here that girls are just idiots.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm white, 6'1", not from here but have been here for almost 5 years. I definitely notice I'm one of the taller people when I go out,

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds really strange to me, do some of you other guys who are 6'1 notice you're tall?

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in a town with a large minority population, so at merely 6'0" tall, I feel tall. It of course comes down to where you are though. Back in architecture school there were a lot of Asian girls and stuff so I always felt tall in studio. In fact, one year I was the 2nd tallest student in our studio of 15 people. That is nuts.

Then of course if I go to a hockey game (where most of the fans are white, and many are also athletes themselves), it seems like you go to the pisser and the average dude is like 6'2".

I've heard recently the average height of the adult male in the Netherlands is like a ridiculous 6'1". I also read on Wiki once that something like 500 years ago the average male was like 3" taller than today's. Human height fluctuates in cycles, but in the long-term always increases. We are in a "low cycle" right now. Weird. Of course by the time the Civil War came around, Lincoln was considered a giant at 6'4".
Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single day you reinforce the notion around here that girls are just idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, I thought her post was honest and made sense. If you're saying that "girls are just idiots" for the choices she referenced - survival of the fittest baby! Chicks couldn't control something like that even if they wanted to.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 AM

For starters, people don't stay the same height, they get shorter as they get older.