Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Things that say \"I\'m a piece of trash\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that's some funny [censored], guids. I almost forgot about hoosiers... I am not from Indiana but I went to Purdue for undergrad, and my roomates were from St. Louis. I laughed hysterically when I found out that back home a general term synonomous with white trash was "hoosier", a term that coincidentally encompassed all Indianans... it was great...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you italicized coincidentally as I have traveled to the "Arkansas of the North" many times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why all the hate of Indiana? Outside of the big cities, it's pretty much the same in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, etc.... It really gets bad in Eastern Kentucky/Tennessee, Appalachia.... (read the "nice" story about the rednecks who kidnapped the young black woman in West Virginia)

My addition to the thread:

Holiday inflatables. I drove by one house last year that had three of them that barely fit in the front yard. They were probably were more together than the house.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 PM

Indiana is fine. Nothing wrong with the state. As a kid I was surprised to learn hoosiers meant Indianans and not White Trashery.

I've travelled there about 5 different times for vacations and had nothing but good experiences in the state. Arkansas is far worse, as is Northern Tennessee/Southern Kentucky.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Wearing sweatpants at the mall

Having food stains on your clothes while you are in public

Wearing those t-shirts with an enormous picture of a lion or tiger or bald eagle or some other [censored] on them

Wearing tank-tops in public (men)

White women wearing large hoop earings

Anybody wearing those hot topic button down collared short-sleeve shirts with flames or skulls or whatever on them

Basically just go to the mall in Binghamton and write down everything you see
Old 09-12-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<---- Didn't know what crocs were until reading this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. Don't feel like I missed anything.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Crappy cars like Honda Civics with a huge spoiler wing, racing stripes and flames, blinged-out rims, and other mods that probably cost more than the car.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 PM

Riceboy racers? They are pretty hilarious. I think lowriders are trashier, but it's not a competition I'd like to win, either way.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
driving ANY Camaro or Firebird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my screen name, I still do think that a large majority of f-body owners are trash bags.

To clarify though,

1st gen, some 2nd gen camaros = collector cars, not trash

3rd gen "boxy" camaros = trashy

4th gen or newer = ridiculously good cars that noone should ever be mocked for driving, but still do in fact get a lot of trashy people liking them.

It's hard to hate on a car that gets 350+ hp and almost 30mpg highway. I've never been a huge fan of the car's styling overall though, unless you count the early models.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drove a rusted '79 Trans Am in high school (96-98), which was the trashiest (and I believe most popular) model year in the Firebird's history. Needless to say I am or have been guilty of at least a couple things listed in this thread.

You all try growing up in rural southern Illinois and see how well you do.

Imagine it in much worse shape:

Edit: I also placed a Led Zeppelin sticker a friend gave me across the back glass, though in my defense I was being at least half-ironic.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indiana is fine. Nothing wrong with the state. As a kid I was surprised to learn hoosiers meant Indianans and not White Trashery.

I've travelled there about 5 different times for vacations and had nothing but good experiences in the state. Arkansas is far worse, as is Northern Tennessee/Southern Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as Northern Tennessee.

You've got your West Tennessee (pretty much everything West of the Tennessee River); you've got your East Tennessee (the Cumberland Plateau, Monteagle and points East); and you've got your Middle Tenneessee (everything else, please get TV people from elsewhere to stop calling it Central Tennessee). No Northern or Southern.

/rant

Also, East Tennessee is trashy's home turf (especially on a UT game day).
Old 09-12-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crappy cars like Honda Civics with a huge spoiler wing, racing stripes and flames, blinged-out rims, and other mods that probably cost more than the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Met one guy who still owed $2k on his rims when he'd paid less than that for the car.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
driving ANY Camaro or Firebird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my screen name, I still do think that a large majority of f-body owners are trash bags.

To clarify though,

1st gen, some 2nd gen camaros = collector cars, not trash

3rd gen "boxy" camaros = trashy

4th gen or newer = ridiculously good cars that noone should ever be mocked for driving, but still do in fact get a lot of trashy people liking them.

It's hard to hate on a car that gets 350+ hp and almost 30mpg highway. I've never been a huge fan of the car's styling overall though, unless you count the early models.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drove a rusted '79 Trans Am in high school (96-98), which was the trashiest (and I believe most popular) model year in the Firebird's history. Needless to say I am or have been guilty of at least a couple things listed in this thread.

You all try growing up in rural southern Illinois and see how well you do.

Imagine it in much worse shape:

Edit: I also placed a Led Zeppelin sticker a friend gave me across the back glass, though in my defense I was being at least half-ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a gold 78 Camaro in HS. Dents on all panels including the roof. Smoking 305 small block V8 with like 200 horsepower. Only modification I made to it was dual exhaust and glasspack mufflers (cam and 4bbl carb were on permanent layaway at Super Shops - never made a payment over the original $15). So it was louder than [censored], but still slow as molasses. My mom had to drive it one time. She immediately went to Midas and replaced the mufflers with normal ones.

The regional joke about our town was "Van Halen and Camaros". Pretty much accurate. One time I got a ticket for doing 77 in a 35. The judge w/o even seeing anything said "So, what kind of Camaro do you drive?" I was like the 9th Camaro that session.

Doesn't get much more trashy than that.