Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: NBA top 40- Bill Simmons style

You might have a point with Amare, but I don't think right now he's any better than Bosh, and he's had surgeries on both knees. Also, if I were a GM, I'd be thinking, "I've seen Bosh be the focus of the offense and thrive. I've seen Amare play in a system that gets him lots of easy buckets and he's mostly a face up 1v1 guy with a good mid range jumper. I'm gonna play it safe and take Bosh."
Old 04-23-2007, 01:13 PM

Assani,
Barnagi is way too high. I really like him, but there is still a good chance he becomes a Mehmet Okur type player.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might have a point with Amare, but I don't think right now he's any better than Bosh, and he's had surgeries on both knees. Also, if I were a GM, I'd be thinking, "I've seen Bosh be the focus of the offense and thrive. I've seen Amare play in a system that gets him lots of easy buckets and he's mostly a face up 1v1 guy with a good mid range jumper. I'm gonna play it safe and take Bosh."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he gets easy buckets but he is one of if not the best finisher in the league. Also, he can still get up and is explosive even after the surgery. And its not like Ford doesnt create easy buckets for Bosh too. I like Stoudamire a lot and I think he gets the "well he plays with Nash" treatment too much. Get him the ball near the basket and you cant stop him.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 PM

I disagree.. I think he's highly respected by most. Hell, in Nash's first MVP season, most of the nay-sayers opined that he was the second best player on his own team, behind Amare. I do think Assani has him a bit low, but I still have him behind Bosh.

You missed my point about the knee surgeries. He's obviously got it right now. But you still have to be concerned about investing in him.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like him, but there is still a good chance he becomes a Mehmet Okur type player.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean he becomes an all-star?

I haven't read this thread in a long time, so this quote may mean something different, but out of context this seems a little weird.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:57 PM

Not that Mehmet's a bad player or anything, but if you're doing a league wide redraft, you don't select a young soon-to-be Okur guy 22nd.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:56 PM

bumping this thread to talk more about Biedrins. I tried asking in the playoff thread but theres too many casual fans in there for my liking.

I hadn't seen him much, but I heard such great things about him that I put him at #37 on my list. Well I just watched every game of the Mavs/GS series and I specificially concentrated on him. And I came away completely unimpressed. I didn't notice one single thing that he does above average. What exactly am I missing here?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:05 PM

his stats weren't gaudy vs. dallas but he helped his team win. he's young, big and athletic, he plays defense, and finishes well.

he's not dwight howard or anything and he may not deserve to be 37 on your list, but he's a good, young big man.

just out of curiosity, who is 7 feet and under 25 that you'd rather have over him that aren't ahead of him on your list?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his stats weren't gaudy vs. dallas but he helped his team win. he's young, big and athletic, he plays defense, and finishes well.

he's not dwight howard or anything and he may not deserve to be 37 on your list, but he's a good, young big man.

just out of curiosity, who is 7 feet and under 25 that you'd rather have over him that aren't ahead of him on your list?

[/ QUOTE ]Not sure right now about your last question, but after watching the series I would think the answer would be quite a lot of people. He seemed like a decent role player to me....thats it. I'll continue to watch him in the playoffs to try to form a better opinion, but he just didn't show me anything at all.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:21 PM

He traveled, but very few seven footers can do this