Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Prs to be making me less broke? Financial Follies

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WHY IS THIS THREAD ALL ABOUT ME BEING EMO.

I JUST WANTED A [censored] JOB.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the simple act of writing a resume, as though I had enough to fill a Chinese fortune cookie, makes me want to start smashing windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We would do well to dismiss all options involving heart, salesmanship or going that extra mile.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There are entire areas of knowledge / endeavor that feel like drowning in mud to have to deal with. So I get other people to know about them for me (agencies, forum threads.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're cursed by self-awareness, aren't you Anacardo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Following somebody else's detailed set of directions is the hardest thing in the world for me. That's all. Example: putting together modular furniture. Buy a dresser from Wal-Mart or something. Takes me three times longer than it would anyone else, much of that due to just having to step away before my head asplode. Resume / interview stuff is much the same, compounded by the fact that... well, I have next to nothing to put on a resume. Experience? Lolz. I play a little cards.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are willing to busy your ass for six months, find a grocery warehouse in the atlanta area and apply for a job as a selector. They are paid commission on the number of cases they load. The dudes that go balls to the wall make very very good money. It's a really tough job, but the money is great if you have the heart to work for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a really great idea. If I was in Cardo's shoes it would be my #2 option.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I quote from Mr. George Orwell -

"The feeling, 'This is what I came into the world to do. Everything else is uninteresting. I will do this even if it means starvation', which turns men of differing temperaments into scientists, inventors, artists, priests,explorers and revolutionaries - this motif is almost entirely absent..."

He's describing the works of Dickens, but the comment applies equally well to my own life. I am as ignorant of this feeling as a virgin.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your real problem. Enjoying your job is like a happy marriage, it lasts about 4 months. After that you just hope to be able to not hate each other and have a mutually benificial relationship. Here's a couple of quotes for you:

"You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every day when I wake up in the morning, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep. So I get up. I have my watered-down Tang and my still-frozen Pop Tart. I get in my car with no gas, no upholstery, and six more payments. I fight honking traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes onto the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I wanted to. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never know the joy of driving through the city without a bag over my head. But I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth years ago - that little fact makes me a winner, baby." - Al Bundy

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"The feeling, 'This is what I came into the world to do. Everything else is uninteresting. I will do this even if it means starvation', which turns men of differing temperaments into scientists, inventors, artists, priests,explorers and revolutionaries - this motif is almost entirely absent..."

He's describing the works of Dickens, but the comment applies equally well to my own life. I am as ignorant of this feeling as a virgin.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your real problem. Enjoying your job is like a happy marriage, it lasts about 4 months. After that you just hope to be able to not hate each other and have a mutually benificial relationship. Here's a couple of quotes for you:

"You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every day when I wake up in the morning, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep. So I get up. I have my watered-down Tang and my still-frozen Pop Tart. I get in my car with no gas, no upholstery, and six more payments. I fight honking traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes onto the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I wanted to. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never know the joy of driving through the city without a bag over my head. But I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth years ago - that little fact makes me a winner, baby." - Al Bundy

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your vision of life then I can't imagine why you're not mercifully dead already.

Why exist just to exist? Haven't you ever wondered why you just take that as a granted assumption?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your vision of life then I can't imagine why you're not mercifully dead already.

Why exist just to exist? Haven't you ever wondered why you just take that as a granted assumption?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me correct it for you:

"The mass of your generation lead lives of loud, whiny, desperation."
Old 05-21-2007, 02:56 PM

Be a motivational speaker. Teach kids that regardless of what anyone says, that they are brilliant and are bound to achieve greatness.

You can tell them that your keys to success were to have complete disregard of the advice of people that wanted to keep you down with their oppressive jobs and that by spreading your words of wisdom you have fully achieved what you've wanted to do.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are willing to busy your ass for six months, find a grocery warehouse in the atlanta area and apply for a job as a selector. They are paid commission on the number of cases they load. The dudes that go balls to the wall make very very good money. It's a really tough job, but the money is great if you have the heart to work for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would do well to dismiss all options involving heart, salesmanship or going that extra mile.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are absolutely hopeless, reading that makes me want to punch you in the face for being such a whiny emo-[censored] all the time but refusing to ever do anything about it
Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 PM

Verily good gentlemen, I have arrived late and believe my good name is being besmirched! I would duel you, but that would require effort.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Anacardo,

Have you ever read any Pascal?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Verily good gentlemen, I have arrived late and believe my good name is being besmirched! I would duel you, but that would require effort.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.