75001-100000 5 7.58%
100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

[ QUOTE ]
I think the big part here is assuming everyone (particularly Youkilis and Manny) is completely healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF with Manny. Sounds like everyone else thinks he's ready to play except of course himself. Not the first time he's pulled this crap. Excerpt from this mornings paper:

[ QUOTE ]
As hard as he is hitting the ball in batting practice, Ramirez is not going to play until he is confident he won’t re-injure himself in competition, and the Sox are waiting on the left fielder.

“He needs to clear himself (to play),” Francona said.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:47 AM

how would anyone know how he feels better than himself? if theres still any noticeable feeling on the swing i'd much rather him play it safe and get 100% healthy.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how would anyone know how he feels better than himself? if theres still any noticeable feeling on the swing i'd much rather him play it safe and get 100% healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he has a track record of being a malingerer.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what up knuckleballa

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubeskies is an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, if you're allowed to troll Joba in the Yanks thread then why can't I troll wakefield in the sox thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I called him a douche then posted reasons why (chucking two straight at the head of Youkilis being the #1 reason why). You posted a 10 page picture of Frank "Big 'always' Hurt" Thomas in a Red Sox thread after he hit 3 HRs against us tonight. You and Nutshot are routinely some of the worst posters in the Yankees thread...really do you have down's syndrome? At least I ragged on you in my own house though so gtfo

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen dude, I don't know if you're new here or not, but this the Yankees vs. Red Sox on an internet message board. We all throw jabs back and forth, most of the time in good humor, and occasionally some coherent arguments spring up from the better posters. I'm one of the worst posters on here. I know little about sabermetrics and my jokes are almost never funny, but I'm still a better poster than you because I don't routinely go around insulting other posters or getting into malicious arguments with them. With you I was just trying to get some playful banter going with you where we throw jabs back and forth and instead you take it as an insult to your personal manhood.

Dude, I don't know if you have some deep seated personal issues, but you need to relax. Asking if somebody has down's syndrome is really not cool and you need to realize that this is just baseball and we're all trying to have fun here. This isn't life and death.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:58 PM

that pitcher of the big hurt is kinda irritating. We can all use that in our meditation practice. what is it about that pitcher that causes us to be upset. At a fundamental level, it is a sight object, impermanent, not worth clinging too. Yet our habitual reactions and attachment cause us to get carried away, we attach significance to that picture based on our past conditions, our karma. it will all fade. fade like the yankees of last century. fade like a 3-0 series lead, fade like a-rod in October.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM

buccholz starting tomorrow, not sure if anyone has pointed it out in this trainwreck somewhere
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
buccholz starting tomorrow, not sure if anyone has pointed it out in this trainwreck somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish he were starting tonight.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know. One team(Sox) are limping to the finish line and the other(Yankees) are cruising.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's really no evidence of this having an effect on playoff results(besides injuries).
Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know. One team(Sox) are limping to the finish line and the other(Yankees) are cruising.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's really no evidence of this having an effect on playoff results(besides injuries).

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't hurt.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how would anyone know how he feels better than himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he has a track record of being a malingerer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to answer his question.

As much as people give evidence that Manny is lazy (and he is a lot of the time), there is a lot of evidence that points to how hard he works as well (like his batting career). I doubt he is 'faking it' in order to not play.

Currently there is no reason that he should 'push' himself or rush back.

craig