S. Alexander(if he plays) @ KC 3 17.65%
T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

[ QUOTE ]
of course, i realize that, and i am fearful of their pitching...but my point is that if the padres lose, that boosts the phillies chances of getting in...so i guess a goal is to see the phillies out...dunno, gah, it's so bad i even think like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Would love to see the Phillies out because their annual tease would strike yet again.

On the other hand, I would very much look forward to crushing them in the NLCS
Old 09-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Um yeah the Mets will 'crush' the Phillies in the NLCS. Why is it if the Mets go 1-2 vs the Braves Met fans stick their heads in the oven omg omg we cant beat atlanta but if we go 3-547 against the Phillies its variance...
Old 09-20-2007, 03:32 PM

jordan, i'm inclined to think the same way about the NLCS, but somehow that team of stupid [censored] has beaten us badly this season for reasons no one can comprehend. Also, the horror if they were somehow able to win that series, i would jump off the brooklyn bridge for sure...

but, peavy + young + maddux...ugh
Old 09-20-2007, 03:36 PM

^^bobo, it's because we've come to 'accept' the beatings that atlanta has put on us over the years because they have had better management and possibly more talent as well...also, they have earned respect for guys like scheurholz who has put together a good team, like them or not (my opinion anyway)

the phillies on the other hand...no one here likes them and there's no waiiii they have had better teams than us over the years and not even this year either despite the bad luck
Old 09-20-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^^bobo, it's because we've come to 'accept' the beatings that atlanta has put on us over the years because they have had better management and possibly more talent as well...also, they have earned respect for guys like scheurholz who has put together a good team, like them or not (my opinion anyway)

the phillies on the other hand...no one here likes them and there's no waiiii they have had better teams than us over the years and not even this year either despite the bad luck

[/ QUOTE ]

That's stupid.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM

which parts??

the braves have had pretty good teams and for the most part that shows in the results...

whereas the phillies i don't think do, so we tend to dismiss their success, tho it is dominant...i really don't think they have close to the talent we do/have had

just speaking for myself, when the braves used to beat us, i got mad, but wasn't surprised...not the same with the phillies, it's both
Old 09-20-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you don't think if they hadn't been missing Howard, Utley, Victorino, Myers, Gordon, Lieber, Garcia, Madson, Hamels all for long stretches of time they couldn't have won 2-3 more games? Really?!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 PM

I dunno I don't want to play the Padres if we can help it. They're the only team that I fear in the NL.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Something all NL East fans can agree on!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you don't think if they hadn't been missing Howard, Utley, Victorino, Myers, Gordon, Lieber, Garcia, Madson, Hamels all for long stretches of time they couldn't have won 2-3 more games? Really?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong as I'm not really disagreeing with what you are saying, but I just want to point out that the Mets have also dealt with more than their fare share of injuries this year. If Pedro, Beltran, Alou, Green, LoDuca, Valentin, Delgado, Castro, Chavez, Gomez, Milledge, Perez, Sosa, Burgos and Smith hadn't missed so much time with injury the Mets probably could have won 2-3 more games also.

We really could say this about most teams...