Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather be broke as a joke or a filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian?
Broke as a Joke 13 24.53%
Filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian 40 75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: I Just Never Get Bored of this move

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I run cold like fking [censored], havent hit a set in days. just moved down to 25NL. variance is a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leak nr. 2 ... sets do not play a prominent role in 6max.

But yeah ... I don't run too hot either ... poker is a cruel misstress .. but then after a while comes the super heater [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i know, but i dont even hit a pair with my AK when i need to :S . And i just had 3 AKx flops in a row with QQ. So frustrating if the players on the tables are just really really bad.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 PM

FT is rigged only b/c the idiots that play there do the stupidest [censored] things
Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So frustrating if the players on the tables are just really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welll stop seeing it as a personal defeat or insult ... it is just a stupid little (video) game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So frustrating if the players on the tables are just really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welll stop seeing it as a personal defeat or insult ... it is just a stupid little (video) game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
nah it just sucks, if ur down 8 buyins and u hit jackall. If ur sitting with fishes and u run cold like the north pole, its like someone is holding a can of water just out of reach when u just spend 2 days in the desert without water lol :P
Old 06-19-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a real job, really cuts out of poker time gelfond..... i still make marginally more at poker than at my real job, but its close, and there is no variance in a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ... I look forward to a variance free income ... been looking over my shoulder to see if BUSTO was following me for far too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing poker with a real life income is like playing completely stress free and using poker income only for goodies makes for way less tilt sessions (only had 1 in 4 months)

But from another point of view, work cuts the time put into poker and when you make 2 times the hourly salary of your job, tax free to add, sometimes its maddening...

By the way Gelford, on my 24 buy-in quest, I only have 4 more to go so made 20 buy-ins in 8 days! Goal is robusto today!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

im interviewing for a new job which, if i get it, will pay me more than my entire bankroll every week.

real life >>>> poker

the problem is that to make the mad monies in poker you have to just be [censored] good. and lets face it, if most of us were destined for that kind of real-life-killing balla-ness, we wouldn't be posting in this forum.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a real job, really cuts out of poker time gelfond..... i still make marginally more at poker than at my real job, but its close, and there is no variance in a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ... I look forward to a variance free income ... been looking over my shoulder to see if BUSTO was following me for far too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing poker with a real life income is like playing completely stress free and using poker income only for goodies makes for way less tilt sessions (only had 1 in 4 months)

But from another point of view, work cuts the time put into poker and when you make 2 times the hourly salary of your job, tax free to add, sometimes its maddening...

By the way Gelford, on my 24 buy-in quest, I only have 4 more to go so made 20 buy-ins in 8 days! Goal is robusto today!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

im interviewing for a new job which, if i get it, will pay me more than my entire bankroll every week.

real life >>>> poker

the problem is that to make the mad monies in poker you have to just be [censored] good. and lets face it, if most of us were destined for that kind of real-life-killing balla-ness, we wouldn't be posting in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet that if townsend plays 50NL like he does play 60k NL hell be losing loads of buyins
Old 06-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Shizzle... I really think you're being waaayy too results oriented. You are really happy when you are on a heater, and really grumpy when you are on a 'downswing' . It really shouldnt affect your mood that much as it is doing you now. Start looking at the big picture. Take a look at your lifetime graph, and if youre a winning player, you will see that your downswing are mere bumps in the road.

Variance is what keeps the fishes play. If everyone were paid out in equity, the fishes would be gone in probably less than a week. embrace the variance!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Well ... there are some here making +50$/hr ... which is a far cry from Aba, durr and whatever balla wages, but in hourly rate is bigger than real life.

Variance and life alone behind a computerscreen make it less desirable than a good job, but I hope to get in 50 hrs of poker each month, which would be cool.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shizzle... I really think you're being waaayy too results oriented. You are really happy when you are on a heater, and really grumpy when you are on a 'downswing' . It really shouldnt affect your mood that much as it is doing you now. Start looking at the big picture. Take a look at your lifetime graph, and if youre a winning player, you will see that your downswing are mere bumps in the road.

Variance is what keeps the fishes play. If everyone were paid out in equity, the fishes would be gone in probably less than a week. embrace the variance!

[/ QUOTE ]

ye sorry if i whine too much here, but it helps too cool off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM

Withdrew $600 from my BR, which leaves me with a little less than $600. Still have 35k hands to get to in a week and a half to meet my goal... Think it's possible?
Closed Thread