Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
You also can only ever date 10s. Otherwise you ruin all the ground work you set up.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an amazing GF now. In the past I've dated a b-level actress, the weather girl, NHL player's GF, maxim model and, with the exception of some quasi-famous DJ friends, I have the highest body count of anyone I know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A hot girl (body:10 face:10 to borrow the previous poster's nomenclature) gets asked for her number weekly. Another guy asking is not going to be anything new for her. I on the other hand just don't care. That is different. If she is interested she'll give me her number or show up an event I mentioned. I might give her my number or tell her there is an after-party when the bar closes but I'll never ask her for her contact info. It works for me. I have an amazing GF now. In the past I've dated a b-level actress, the weather girl, NHL player's GF, maxim model and, with the exception of some quasi-famous DJ friends, I have the highest body count of anyone I know. Why chase when you can be chased? Most guys screw up by trying too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, plus your earlier comment about 'just make friends with a DJ/club owner and give them a few VIP passes to the club', plus your earlier comment about the "low" amount you spend on haircuts and personal products compared to women, leads me to believe that we live very different lives.

I think I want yours.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reasoning behind not buying a girl a drink is twofold

a) It's supplicating and in theory makes up for a lack of selfworth
b) every loser guy does it, so you just help her lump you in with the other losers

As for the poor homework bloke...sorry sir, she's not interested. Next

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], 2p2 withdrawal, no clue what's going on

anyway, i would never ever buy a girl a drink in one location and take it to her at another location for one reason, and that is if a stranger showed up with a drink for me, and i didn't see the drink from when it was served all the way through to the second it touched my lips, i would accept it and toss it after the person left w/o drinking any..... this is cause i'm pretty paranoid, and if i give a stranger a drink, and they drank it, not knowing whether there was anything in it, etc. i would consider them stupid enough to not bother with....... but like i said, i'm super paranoid

if i did buy a drink it would be a sealed bottle

but, i do have to give the teller props for hustling a cup of joe out of you - lol
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM

What about you have a preparty in your apartment and some girl brought too little to drink. Is it ok to give her anything?

Should I demand that they bite my neck as payment?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 PM

bah, don't overthink it in simple situations, but I mean the general rule is don't jump through a hoop unless she jumps through one first.

I usually just turn everything into a game. Oh you want some of my vodka? I'll thumbwar you for it, winner gets a shot.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about you have a preparty in your apartment and some girl brought too little to drink. Is it ok to give her anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure the host should have enough booze for all the guests. I'm not a fan of pre-drink parties but I've had plenty of parties after the bars close and I never expect anyone to bring anything.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM

I have a problem with an ex and life in general. I had a gf from junior in HS to last year, my first year at college (3 years). We broke up because I got jealous and she lied to me. We talked over the summer but I moved so i didn't see her for about 2 months.

We came back to college, I thought we would get back together because it seemed like it over the summer. She didn't want that, so we were friends. We spent most of our time the first year by ourselves and made few friends. She is now an RA and has made a lot of friends (and some guy that will probably become her bf soon). I live off campus and have no friends, no one but her. I have wanted to get back together since school started (couple months) but she doesn't want a bf.

So I'm getting pretty tired of being her friend because we don't hang out much and I don't like seeing her with other guys obviously. So I am faced with the dilemna of not being her friend at all (which is hard with no other friends either) or being just her friend. My life is very depressing and I don't know if I can handle not having a single friend. Should I just be her friend or should i forget her and try to make new friends (I'm pretty shy in general so this is not very easy for me)? I think both options suck but I don't know which is better. We actually had a fight and I already said I don't want to be her friend so I would have to apologize and say I was wrong if you suggest that one...

Also, she still says she loves me and cares about me a lot.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a problem with an ex and life in general. I had a gf from junior in HS to last year, my first year at college (3 years). We broke up because I got jealous and she lied to me. We talked over the summer but I moved so i didn't see her for about 2 months.

We came back to college, I thought we would get back together because it seemed like it over the summer. She didn't want that, so we were friends. We spent most of our time the first year by ourselves and made few friends. She is now an RA and has made a lot of friends (and some guy that will probably become her bf soon). I live off campus and have no friends, no one but her. I have wanted to get back together since school started (couple months) but she doesn't want a bf.

So I'm getting pretty tired of being her friend because we don't hang out much and I don't like seeing her with other guys obviously. So I am faced with the dilemna of not being her friend at all (which is hard with no other friends either) or being just her friend. My life is very depressing and I don't know if I can handle not having a single friend. Should I just be her friend or should i forget her and try to make new friends (I'm pretty shy in general so this is not very easy for me)? I think both options suck but I don't know which is better. We actually had a fight and I already said I don't want to be her friend so I would have to apologize and say I was wrong if you suggest that one...

Also, she still says she loves me and cares about me a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friends who make you miserable all the time aren't really good friends to have. Stop hanging out with this girl and meet some other people. Start doing some activities, sports, whatever. Being friends with this girl is not going to get better.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:22 PM

I don't think you are over the girl. As such you can't be her friend.

Also jealousy is a very unattractive quality. You need to deal with that before you start dating someone new.
Closed Thread