Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Watch Out For Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
I've mentioned this before, but the alternative to Ron Paul writing that newsletter is that he couldn't supervise his own campaign newsletter's editor closely enough to make sure that person wasn't a gigantic bigot.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I understand correctly, Dr. Paul has accepted responsibility for this, has corrected the situation, and has apologized several times for the oversight.

Other than admitting the error and trying to rectify it, I don't know what else he can do. He's an ossum candidate, but I don't think he has a time-machine.

[ QUOTE ]

Mind you, this doesn't touch on his present campaign policy director using "genocide" in irony quotes to refer to Darfur, or his present campaign releasing his press releases to a white nationalist website before anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak to this because I am unfamiliar with what you are talking about. Perhaps you could provide a link?
But hey,

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, so now we have someone defending the 'context of' those quotes since they were based on reasonable assumptions. By all means, please continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty good spin maneuver on your part, but you should read more closely.

Unless I am mistaken (and I don't think I am), Dr. Paul said (and I am paraphrasing) that if you only looked at the government's statistics, then those statistics would lead you to believe 95% of black males...

Is this really that difficult for you to understand?

Have you ever said anything that was taken out of context?

I certainly have.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The New York Times is at least twice as credible as "somebody telling me on the interwebs"

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the only thing he's latched onto in this thread while disregarding or ignoring information from other equally "credible" sources.

Oh yeah, and...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Are there any links to the actual newsletters? I find it hard to believe that Ron Paul is a racist, it completely contradicts his entire world view. Obviously, I could be convinced otherwise, but I'm definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've mentioned this before, but the alternative to Ron Paul writing that newsletter is that he couldn't supervise his own campaign newsletter's editor closely enough to make sure that person wasn't a gigantic bigot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than admitting the error and trying to rectify it, I don't know what else he can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

George Allen apologized for using 'macaca', so I don't know what else he can do either? (Start by not running for President, perhaps?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mind you, this doesn't touch on his present campaign policy director using "genocide" in irony quotes to refer to Darfur, or his present campaign releasing his press releases to a white nationalist website before anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak to this because I am unfamiliar with what you are talking about. Perhaps you could provide a link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Search my posts in this forum from a couple of months back.

[ QUOTE ]
That's a pretty good spin maneuver on your part, but you should read more closely.

Unless I am mistaken (and I don't think I am), Dr. Paul said (and I am paraphrasing) that if you only looked at the government's statistics, then those statistics would lead you to believe 95% of black males...

[/ QUOTE ]

1)Did Ron Paul say that, or did his newsletter editor?
2)Did those statistics also lead you to believe that blacks are fleet footed?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 PM

OK, I get it; you don't think Dr. Paul should run for President. I would guess that you're satisfied with the current crop of mainstream candidates from either the [R] or [D] parties.

I am not going to waste my time trying to change your mind.

Either you will do your own research or you will not; I am not going to do it for you (I assume your Google works as well as mine).
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So? You expect him to know everything about every single one of his employees? Are you nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
Mind you, this doesn't touch on his present campaign policy director using "genocide" in irony quotes to refer to Darfur,

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with being slightly sarcastic over incorrect usage of the word "genocide?"
Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Search my posts in this forum from a couple of months back.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I couldn't help myself. I may have mistakenly assumed that you were behaving like RedBean.

Re: Darfur, is this what you were referring to?
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul195.html
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM

And regarding racism...
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul195.html
Old 10-09-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I get it; you don't think Dr. Paul should run for President. I would guess that you're satisfied with the current crop of mainstream candidates from either the [R] or [D] parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring on President Lyndon LaRouche, I hear his ideas are even more revolutionary!

[ QUOTE ]
So? You expect him to know everything about every single one of his employees? Are you nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until his fundraising results this quarter, his Presidential campaign (as in "campaign policy director") had 10 employees. So, yes, I would assume he knew them all. I also assume RP personally interviewed his own newsletter's editor at some point and knew him/her well, unless, of course, he's horrible at managing.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would take a miracle for a black man to vote against the Democrats anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice justification for Ron Paul's racism.

[ QUOTE ]

For the truth, they were written by someone else who wrote the newsletter, and was fired. Don't let the truth interfere with anything though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the claim? That "someone else" wrote it? Despite it being under his name? Credible source for this?

[ QUOTE ]

Don't let the truth interfere with anything though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise, don't let Ron Paul being a racist interfere with anything, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're REALLY interested in Ron Paul's positions, or if you're just placating/taunting the crowd, but I wouldn't consider him a racist until you watch this.

Summary: A room full of black people seem to REALLY like and respect him.

Plus, the racist newsletter bit has been circulating for a WHILE and has pretty much been disregarded even by those who have much to gain by discrediting him.