ship it holla trollas 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any football fans ESPN2 is showing a game b/w 2 high schools that i used to play against. Daphne is one of the best HS teams in the nation every year and beat us in the state championship game my senior yr of HS, and Foley has a receiver that is the #1 ranked HS player in the country. kinda cool that its on national TV.

[/ QUOTE ]
cue argument on whether or not they should televise high school games

[/ QUOTE ]

Only HS games that are played in GA, FL and AL. The rest of the country (xcept maybe TX) isn't even in the same league. Example, there is a Florida HS all star team that takes on the the rest of the country every year.

fd, my little brother went to Enterprise HS that at the time was unlike any other team I'd ever seen. OL avg 300lbs, rb, qb all went to UA or Auburn and started, even a Danish field goal kicker. I was at UGA at the time so like 1985 or so. Amazing team, and I played HS ball in Atlanta where there was some pretty good teams.

Oh and GO DAWGS vs the stinkey pale orange on Sat.

[/ QUOTE ]

all these high school teams clearly recruit right? there is no other way they can be always good.

if so then i dont see how you are impressed. it all seems really pathetic then
Old 10-04-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(xcept maybe TX)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

and Gramps, California has a large pool but it isn't developed like it is in the Southeast. There are a LOT of hs players in CA, which adds to the player pool, but there is a lot of talent in CA that never even plays based on other things going on in CA that take priority over HS football. So they don't have significant programs imo. My HS stadium in GA in 1980 sat 15,000, now it seats 25,000. There are college programs that don't compare.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:44 AM

LOL Gramps I just looked at your avatar/location at least 12 out of ten.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all these high school teams clearly recruit right? there is no other way they can be always good.

[/ QUOTE ]

all what teams? I could really give a [censored], but my little brothers team was from a community of about 50k. The Danish field goal kicker was the result of an army base close by where his father was an exchange officer.

seriously, do you think florida recruits hs football players from around the country/world to beat up on the rest of the country every year?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all what teams? I could really give a [censored], but my little brothers team was from a community of about 50k. The Danish field goal kicker was the result of an army base close by where his father was an exchange officer.

seriously, do you think florida recruits hs football players from around the country/world to beat up on the rest of the country every year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from around the country, but from around Florida. There are a couple schools in Cali that have had incredible success (matre dei ? banning) that recruit from around the area. Of course this "area" has about 20 million people.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 AM

gramps:

i keep gettin older, they stay the same age
Old 10-05-2007, 02:19 AM

jeff wayne - war of the worlds
Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any football fans ESPN2 is showing a game b/w 2 high schools that i used to play against. Daphne is one of the best HS teams in the nation every year and beat us in the state championship game my senior yr of HS, and Foley has a receiver that is the #1 ranked HS player in the country. kinda cool that its on national TV.

[/ QUOTE ]
cue argument on whether or not they should televise high school games

[/ QUOTE ]

Only HS games that are played in GA, FL and AL. The rest of the country (xcept maybe TX) isn't even in the same league. Example, there is a Florida HS all star team that takes on the the rest of the country every year.

fd, my little brother went to Enterprise HS that at the time was unlike any other team I'd ever seen. OL avg 300lbs, rb, qb all went to UA or Auburn and started, even a Danish field goal kicker. I was at UGA at the time so like 1985 or so. Amazing team, and I played HS ball in Atlanta where there was some pretty good teams.

Oh and GO DAWGS vs the stinkey pale orange on Sat.

[/ QUOTE ]

if so then i dont see how you are impressed. it all seems really pathetic then

[/ QUOTE ]

no these teams are public schools and are at the mercy of school district zoning.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:01 AM

Nothing is more disheartening than finally having a winning session, having a celebratory beer/watching the office, then coming back and dropping 6 buyins.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Potentially 6 MLB playoff games this weekend. And a million college football games. And 3 NFL games. This is the best sports time of the year. No reason to leave the house, or even put on pants. The next few weeks, and Valentine's Day are the only two times of the year I think god I don't have a girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

NHL ftw?
Closed Thread