Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Polltarding

Framing a wall = constructing the underlying framework/structure of the wall, usually out of 2 x 4 boards. When you see a house being constructed that looks like a skeleton, that's "framed".

Bleeding brakes = working the air bubbles out of a brake system that's recently been worked on.

Proud to say I've done all 25. In the case of the capsized boat, the crewman wasn't actually UNDER the boat, trapped inside, however. The whole "patch a radiator hose" thing, I suspect is a question about emergency car repairs, and all you need is something that'll keep the coolant from spewing out until you can get to the parts store...I think I used a plastic shopping bag wrapped around the hose and held in place by tying a tube sock around it. The best one I've ever heard is using nylon stockings in place of a broken fan belt.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 AM

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. And I DO know what framing is...
Old 09-14-2007, 12:25 PM

the only things I did not check were bleeding brakes and clean a bolt-action rifle.

Now tell me one thing... why would one have to know how to clean a bolt-action rifle now-a-days? I grew up shooting guns and never had to clean a bolt-action even the we had a .30-06 that was bolt-action. I think I cleaned every other gun we had 'cept that one... but really, knowing how to clean one is a "necessity" in today's world? LOL, please.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: lol razzaments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #3
Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 2 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB/Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.00 BB

Results:

BB shows Ah, Th (a flush, Ace high).
Hero mucks Jd, 7d.
Outcome: BB wins 7.60 BB.
($0.20 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]
lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing... this hand is putrid!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only things I did not check were bleeding brakes and clean a bolt-action rifle.

Now tell me one thing... why would one have to know how to clean a bolt-action rifle now-a-days? I grew up shooting guns and never had to clean a bolt-action even the we had a .30-06 that was bolt-action. I think I cleaned every other gun we had 'cept that one... but really, knowing how to clean one is a "necessity" in today's world? LOL, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just means you know how to handle guns, I suspect. Not quite as hard as field-stripping a military-issue Colt .45 blindfolded, but easier than cleaning a 20GA shotgun (my 8 year-old could figure that out).
Old 09-14-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It just means you know how to handle guns, I suspect. Not quite as hard as field-stripping a military-issue Colt .45 blindfolded, but easier than cleaning a 20GA shotgun (my 8 year-old could figure that out).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I guess... but does one even have to know how to handle a gun now? Like I said, I grew up w/ guns, and we always had several in the house and none were even locked up properly. I have not handled a gun since college and prolly will not have to. I do not have one in my house, because there is no way my wife would let that happen... yup, I know who the boss is [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, with 2 kids, I'd prolly feel safer w/out one than w/one in the house although I have nothing against it at all if the adults are responsible. If you have a gun in you're house, you SHOULD be teaching your kids how to use and respect it IMO.

I guess I am just questioning the need for even having to deal w/ one in today's times.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am just questioning the need for even having to deal w/ one in today's times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look to the source of the list in question. The monthly bible for my crimson-throated brethren. That said, I still think there are things that people need to know about that don't seem to make a whole lot of sense in "today's times"; I am constantly astounded by the number of people that have no idea how to change a tire, for instance. "I'd just use my cell and call a tow truck." "You're on I-15, halfway between Bakersfield and Vegas, it's 125 degrees, and you have no cell service." "That'd never happen."

Here's a good one: you're changing your tire. You take off the flat, and in the process of mounting the spare on the lugs you accidentally kick over the hubcap you put the 4 lugnuts in when you took them off, and they fall down the sewer drain. What do you do?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Boz, that's related to the well-known joke. Some poor guy has a flat in front of a mental institution. While he's struggling to change the tire one of the inmates is watching him through the chain-link fence. The guy accidentally knocks the lugnuts into the sewer drain. As he's lamenting his fate and wondering what to do the inmate says "why don't you take one lugnut each from the other three wheels and drive it slowly and carefully into town?"

The guy thinks about it and says "wow, that's a great idea. I'm very impressed, you being in a mental institution and all." The mental patient fires back and says, "I'm in here for being crazy, not stupid."
Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look to the source of the list in question. The monthly bible for my crimson-throated brethren. That said, I still think there are things that people need to know about that don't seem to make a whole lot of sense in "today's times"; I am constantly astounded by the number of people that have no idea how to change a tire, for instance. "I'd just use my cell and call a tow truck." "You're on I-15, halfway between Bakersfield and Vegas, it's 125 degrees, and you have no cell service." "That'd never happen."

Here's a good one: you're changing your tire. You take off the flat, and in the process of mounting the spare on the lugs you accidentally kick over the hubcap you put the 4 lugnuts in when you took them off, and they fall down the sewer drain. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

" i might be crazy, but I ain't stupid." (that's the punch line anyway.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (from a Justin Wilson story.)
Old 09-14-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look to the source of the list in question. The monthly bible for my crimson-throated brethren.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha.. didn't even look at the link..LOL
[ QUOTE ]

That said, I still think there are things that people need to know about that don't seem to make a whole lot of sense in "today's times"; I am constantly astounded by the number of people that have no idea how to change a tire, for instance. "I'd just use my cell and call a tow truck." "You're on I-15, halfway between Bakersfield and Vegas, it's 125 degrees, and you have no cell service." "That'd never happen."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya .. It tilts me when someone has a flat and they don't "know how" to change it...

Last week a guy asked me for a jump. I pulled out my jumper cables and gave him one end. He looked at my like it was some type of cryptograph.. I LOL'd and hooked up both ends.

Something anyone, and I mean anyone, should know how to do.. is use friggin jumper cables. They should also always have jumper cables in their trunk!
Closed Thread