Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

[ QUOTE ]
You meet a chap, he seems right honourable and whatnot, and you make a bloody fair agreement for all concerned. Next thing you know, he's rampaging all over Europe like some rabid badger while you're standing there with your John Thomas in your bloody hand. Then, for the rest of history, all anyone remembers about you is that you're a wimp. Blimey!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, gold star.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo microbet makes some reasonable points in this thread and those accusing him of trolling are way overreacting

[/ QUOTE ]

I could definitely have some of the same concerns microbet has, but I don't know AC Slater so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and not just freak out and start trolling him.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 PM

microbet's grandpappy got owned during Kristallnacht.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 PM

I've always been interested in the guy too & understood the first post completely. I admit that I was a little stunned the way some of the questions were handled - "I respect him", or "I don't know how many were killed" and a subsequent rationalization of this response that said "well I don't know the US population either because I haven't counted them". I mean WTF? If any American is overseas and is asked for their country's population does anyone say "I don't know I haven't counted"? Is there not as many facts that give a reasonable estimate on deaths as there are about things related to his personal life that are presented as fact?

Is it totally unreasonable to think that some of this stuff is kinda weird w/out accusing OP of being a neo-nazi? Or does every post resembling any dissent (many of them presented intelligently by Sholar & Hamish earlier) have to be countered w/ an elitist "you're too stupid/simplistic to separate his morality from the other discussion"? IMO OP's backers in this thread are making basically the same straw-man arguments that they're accusing others of doing.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:24 PM

AC, this was a pretty good thread albeit mostly old stuff for anyone that's studied WWII and/or the Third Reich for awhile. Some nice fun facts. I agree with you that I think Hitler is amazingly interesting.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:32 PM

My take is that OP is simply operating at somewhat of a neuronal deficiency which dampens his perspective.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey OP, I think you missed this question earlier: Who were Hitler's favourite artists? I'm assuming Wagner was his favourite musician. What were Hitler's favourite novels, plays, paintings etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler made many artists exempt from military service. I don't know specific artist names that he enjoyed. But all the art he liked seemed to be the same anyway. He like classical art, like the statue of David by Michaelangelo.

Sculptures of athletic nude men really did it for him. He hated modern abstract art, like the works of George Grosz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Grosz

He wanted to burn most of what he deemed to be "degenerate" art, but then he realized selling the works to foreigners would be more profitable for the Fatherland. I know that he hated the novel 'All quiet on the Western Front.'

I have not read this book, but I imagine he would hate it vehemently if it had an anti-war tone to it. He really like Wagner's Gotterdammrung as Opera. I think he say that one more than any other and it was the last Opera he attended in 1940 til his death in 1945.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I heard something about him picking up a disease in his youth that was most likely sexually transmitted.

Can you give more details about the German actresses sent to him? Can we read these interviews online?

Did he ever speak about not having children?

What do you mean about being the first guy with teenie boopers chasing after him? Did young girls actually idolize him?

Did he have any eccentricities?

If Hitler was alive today, what would a group of psychoanalysts diagnose him with?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is believed that Hitler had contacted syphilis in his youth from a prostitute. In Mein Kampf he devotes almost an entire chapter to ranting about syphilitic infection that doesn't seem to really fit in anywhere.

It cannot be confirmed if he had it or not, but this may have been another reason why he always took Dr.Morell with him everywhere. In later years it was suggested to him that he acquire a more competent doctor, but Hitler refused to do away with Morell, perhaps because he trusted him with this secret. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syphilis

Hitler specifically said he would never have children. He did not want to establish a line of dynastic succession, as people would expect his progeny to be the new leaders.

He said he could not count upon them being competent. He felt leadership should be given to those only most suitable to lead. But if he did have syphilis then this could just be a bunch of bs.

If you look at old video footage of Hitler you can plainly see teenage girls screeching and trying to mob him. This was the early 30's before Elvis and other major American pop stars. As far as I know he was the first human being to have millions of teenage girls all wanting to boink him.

Before the war Hitler Youth girls used to stand outside the Chancellery singing songs in praise of The Fuhrer. This was more a part of the culture of Germany though, so it's not quite as weird as it would be in America if young girls sang worshipfully to Bush. No doubt they were prodded by their Youth leaders.

I read part of a book in the bookstore called 'Adolf Hitler The Psychopathic God.' The title was too outlandish to make me want to buy it, and it was expensive. But it had confirmed some things I saw on The History channel regarding these German actresses and it also went into detail of the sexual demands made upon them. This book mentioned some things the History channel could not.

His niece Geli Raubal used to be found crying by the secretaries and when asked what was wrong she said 'The things he makes me do!'

An example of some eccentricities of Hitler from when he lived at the Mannerheim in Vienna(the men's hostel.)

When he would work on making his water color postcards his usual spot was by the window of the lounge. Here he could be seen day after day with his box of paints and a T square, which he would brandish like a sword if anyone annoyed or disturbed him.

He also had a habit of breaking into political speeches out of nowhere, but if he saw that no one was listening he would abruptly turn quiet and go back to his postcards. This shows that he was not a fanatic, for a fanatic would have continued on whether people were listening or not.

An artist friend of his from the time recalled that he would often have to take the T square out of his hands, because he would be swinging it over his head, making a speech. In the spring of 1910 Hitler was 21 at the time. He is listed at living in the Mannerheim from Feb 9, 1910 to May 24, 1913.

This is when he first became really interested in politics.

From Life and Death of:

'This interest coincided with the discovery of a ready-made audience in the lounge of Mannerheim. Not all the lodgers relished his speeches, which were accompanied by a good deal of shouting and wild gestures. A trick sometimes played on him was to invite him to talk about politics while someone tied his coattails to a bench. After a few moments one of his interlocutors would bluntly contradict him and he would become absolutely furious, leaping to his feet, shouting, waving his arms, and dragging the bench with him as he advanced on the man who had dared to contradict him. The noise of the bench, the shouts, and the laughter would soon attract the attention of the supervisor, who would order everyone in the lounge to be quiet. Neither then nor at any other time could Hitler tolerate contradiction.'

During WW1 he would often launch into a speech in the trenches and when finished retreat into long brooding silences.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My take is that OP is simply operating at somewhat of a neuronal deficiency which dampens his perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your way of saying I was born evil?
Old 09-02-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your way of saying I was born evil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dont think the question has been posed in a blunt enough way to get you to admit that the case can be fully understood for "hating" this man.

If your whole family died at Hitler's hands, would you hate him? I'm not in any way saying you HAVE to hate him, but anyone saying that this is an over reaction is just wrong, and I don't think the term applies.

edit: for the record just last night I was saying how I want to read his auto-bio, and no personal feeling fueled this post, I just dont think its gotten enough attention.