Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: The story of six

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly, this guy is a studddddd. Yeah, after two games I'm saying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is a lot to look forward to, Revis , Harris,Revis Mangold,Revis Cotchery, Revis Clemens, Revis L. Washington, Revis Rhodes,Revis Vilma, and I will get crucified for this one, I think Brick will be fine as well. They are all young and going to anchor the team. Unfortunately it is going to take another 2-3 years before there is a good enough cast to allow the team to compete with NE, IND, Balt etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Clearly, this guy is a studddddd. Yeah, after two games I'm saying it. He's probably one of the better tackling CB's in the league right now, and he is g00t. Now, build the team around him/Vilma/Rhodes, and we got legit defense (hey, it worked for BMore with Lewis/Reed/McCalister, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Also, by the time this team is ready for a superbowl run, other teams like NE, Indy will be on the decline (Once they lose Peyton/Brady, you'll see some decline on the team obviously. It won't be easy replacing them). I'm really excited for the future. ( Cue Cartman freezing himself in order to wait for the Wii)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I changed my avatar to Reevis's team photo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is a lot to look forward to, Revis , Harris,Revis Mangold,Revis Cotchery, Revis Clemens, Revis L. Washington, Revis Rhodes,Revis Vilma, and I will get crucified for this one, I think Brick will be fine as well. They are all young and going to anchor the team. Unfortunately it is going to take another 2-3 years before there is a good enough cast to allow the team to compete with NE, IND, Balt etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Clearly, this guy is a studddddd. Yeah, after two games I'm saying it. He's probably one of the better tackling CB's in the league right now, and he is g00t. Now, build the team around him/Vilma/Rhodes, and we got legit defense (hey, it worked for BMore with Lewis/Reed/McCalister, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Also, by the time this team is ready for a superbowl run, other teams like NE, Indy will be on the decline (Once they lose Peyton/Brady, you'll see some decline on the team obviously. It won't be easy replacing them). I'm really excited for the future. ( Cue Cartman freezing himself in order to wait for the Wii)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I changed my avatar to Reevis's team photo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was an awesome FYP.

I edited my post, I originally put Revis- The guy is going to be a top 5 corner, all-pro. However, I did not want to get crucified as he only played 2 games. It is funny as much as Barrett sucks, Revis is a rookie and they do not throw his hardly at all. Plus he is a tackling machine.

Also, keep in mind he missed the majority of training camp as a rookie which makes his play all the better. I can not wait till he starts ball hawking, he is going make the defense that much better..........great pick!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM

according to the fan, zach thomas may miss the game with a concussion, not much, but we could use all the help we can get to open up the runnin game...
Old 09-21-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to the fan, zach thomas may miss the game with a concussion, not much, but we could use all the help we can get to open up the runnin game...

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats true, thats great news (not for ZT for health reasons obvs). he is a huge problem for our offense, so hopefully TJones will finally break the 100 yard game in his Jet uniform.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Thomas Jones will have a big game on Sunday, I'm calling it now. I loved the way he hit the hole in Baltimore, he is running well. The loss of Thomas is key.
In addition, I'm not thrilled to see Jason Taylor annihilate D'Brick. That matchup could get ugly. I really don't get it, he was such a stud in college and has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. It's still early in his career to pass judgment but right now it's not looking good.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats true, thats great news (not for ZT for health reasons obvs). he is a huge problem for our offense, so hopefully TJones will finally break the 100 yard game in his Jet uniform.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true all the stations in Miami are reporting ZT will not play due to a concussion.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 PM

well, happy to hear that thomas won't be playing (hopefully he feels better though)...

come on guys, way to early pass judgement on brick, give him some time, he may just be a bit slow at adjusting...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Week 3 0-2 Dolphins at 0-2 Jets

I also heard on the WFAN 660 AM that Zack Thomas will miss the Jets game. They also reported that Pennington will play (start) Sunday.

I feel confident going into this game that the Jets will win and play a good game.

The Jets play a home game against the hated Dolphins, thats a good way than to motivate Gang Green.

Thomas Jones is due for a big game, hopefully this is it.

On a seperate side note, did anyone see Fireman Ed at the opener?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Week 3 0-2 Dolphins at 0-2 Jets

Ed is out for the season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]