Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf how is getting rakeback by making a new account unethical? Perhaps you subscribe to a completely different brand of ethics but that is a pretty ridiculous statement to me, TOS =/= ethics

[/ QUOTE ]

When you sign up for an account you agree to the TOS, right? How is agreeing to something and then ignoring it not an ethical breach? I'm not arguing this is on the par with some of the things discussed in this thread, but to claim it is completely ethical is wrong.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me, Clayton's situation shows the whole problem with the multi-accounting issue in a nutshell. What is OK? Where do we draw the line?

IMHO, nothing involving having multiple accounts is acceptable, and all should draw criticism from people who think it is unacceptable. This is like a drug dealer saying "What? There are murderers out there, why the hell are you prosecuting me?" Granted that what Clayton does is not nearly as bad as multi-accounting individual tournaments, but that doesn't mean it is completely acceptable to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. He's not getting 'scapegoated' either. Nothing has happened to him yet, and hopefully nothing will. He seems like a good guy and has the trust of a lot of people. But he did break the rules, and there ought to be an investigation.

How is that scapegoating? How has it stood in the way of outing more serius offenders?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, LOL at Adanthar above anyone else since he started this with his dramabomb in ActionJeff's post, but now is SHOCKED that people actually have reason to be concerned over someone that has at least 6-8 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SITE.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at me thinking you were concerned about people multiaccounting in MTT's.

I wish somebody else had made this thread - it might've gotten somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

serge instead of fueding with ucla why not make your own thread and do more about it. Or maybe you are behind closed doors if that's it then more power to you. Keep up the good fight etc. Let's get away from personal attacks and back to cleaning up illegal accounts on sites no matter what they are used for.

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, LOL at Adanthar above anyone else since he started this with his dramabomb in ActionJeff's post, but now is SHOCKED that people actually have reason to be concerned over someone that has at least 6-8 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SITE.

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE IF HE'S NOT CHEATING WITH THOSE ACCOUNTS THEN IT DOESN'T EFFECT YOU THATS WHY ITS A SURPRISE.

You're not even reporting him for cheating are you? Just for having multiple accounts? Breaking the TOS in itself is not cheating, you've equated the two as equals which helps nothing except further your self righteous agenda.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not surprised.

i'm offended however that you didn't keep it to AIM or PM's and instead used it as fuel for your witch-hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, I never mentioned you by name, you came on here and said it was you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You proudly stated the fact that you had reported a well-known MTT'er for having multiple names that he admits and such.

Most people that can put 2 and 2 together knew what you were talking about.

Proudly stating in this thread that "you caught someone" in reference to Clayton is, in my opinion, immature and really blatantly shows the lack of progress and inability of getting anything real done you've managed in this thread.

It seems like the lack of success you've had has forced you to pretend like you are getting somewhere with the "brilliant capture of Clayton, known cheater!".

I really like your original intentions, UCLA, however, I think the way you and others have swayed this thread is only allowing for people to work backwards and make progress in the negative direction
Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf how is getting rakeback by making a new account unethical? Perhaps you subscribe to a completely different brand of ethics but that is a pretty ridiculous statement to me, TOS =/= ethics

[/ QUOTE ]

When you sign up for an account you agree to the TOS, right? How is agreeing to something and then ignoring it not an ethical breach? I'm not arguing this is on the par with some of the things discussed in this thread, but to claim it is completely ethical is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely ethical isn't really what Im saying, it's a gray area imo what I meant is it doesn't even belong near the same discussion as blatant cheating.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM

kleath going to word this as nicely as possibly seriously leave this thread for those in the cliques because they know whats really going on.

No where were they compared to equal not 1 person in this thread will say clayton did something on the same level as JJ/ZJ we all are smarter then that to be able to classify how bad of an infraction it was.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE IF HE'S NOT CHEATING WITH THOSE ACCOUNTS THEN IT DOESN'T EFFECT YOU THATS WHY ITS A SURPRISE.

You're not even reporting him for cheating are you? Just for having multiple accounts? Breaking the TOS in itself is not cheating, you've equated the two as equals which helps nothing except further your self righteous agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so vehemently opposed to cleaning up online poker? I think everyone agrees that having multiple accounts is against the rules of the various sites. If he didn’t use them to multi account then I agree it is not as bad as what others are supposedly doing. However that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be reported. You shouldn’t be allowed to pick and choose which rules you abide by and which ones you don’t.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:08 PM

I thought something was a little fishy when Clayton post in the nc thread about winning the Ocean's charity tournameny on Stars and checking the sn and remembering it being different than one I sweated him on over a year ago at a $5 turbo FT. I even posted in the nc thread saying this exact thing...

That said, I think Stars should allow name changes to prevent this kind of stuff. If some of you guys feel the need to be anonymous, this would easily solve the temptation of opening a new account (against the T&C). The motivation to be anonymous is driven by $EV, there is no denying that. Greed for more money is driving these actions. It is not fair to all players if they do not know who they are playing against, and if the good players keep changing SN's so the weaker players don't realize who they are up against - this is a blantant quest for more $$$ and higher EV instead of taking the harder road - that most of their opponents take.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kleath going to word this as nicely as possibly seriously leave this thread for those in the cliques because they know whats really going on.

No where were they compared to equal not 1 person in this thread will say clayton did something on the same level as JJ/ZJ we all are smarter then that to be able to classify how bad of an infraction it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this statement is completely wrong. I've been playing online poker seriously for over 3 years, I've never been part of the high stakes MTT "clique". However, I still have an opinion on multiaccounting as do all other players. They should have every right to voice their opinion here. We need this issue brought to all players, not just the MTT clique, because for the past few months only the MTT clique has known about the prevalance of this problem, and haven't made much progress at all toward stopping it.