Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]

you are such an unreal homer, it's not worth debating you on anything else regarding the sharks. i'm done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a debate when you come up with random one line remarks.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

qft, ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

Another quality post from you.

"I've said my piece" (when you haven't even stated [censored])
"Preds are awesome!@!" (without giving a single reason)

I'll be expecting more claims without any justification.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong that I want the Sharks to lose just so this guy goes away? You'd fit in with the whiny Sabres fans. Just shut up already.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, another post i agree with.

i provided several reasons why i thought nashville would take this to 7 games. but you are such a homer you think that anyone who doesn't say 'sharks in 3!!' isn't looking at the big picture.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i provided several reasons why i thought nashville would take this to 7 games. but you are such a homer you think that anyone who doesn't say 'sharks in 3!!' isn't looking at the big picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't give a [censored] if people predict the Predators to win. It's a valid prediction. It's when people say [censored] like "LOL PREDS ARE TEH BEST!!@!" and trying to start a debate without giving any reasons that gets on my nerves. You didn't give any real reason in the first 20 million posts. It's the same for ANY team. You are always spouting [censored] out of your ass. I guess you are assuming we have access to your all-knowing hockey mind....

I'll be the first to admit when a Shark plays dirty. I'll admit right now that Joe Thornton is a dirty player. Just because it was Cheechoo that was hurt doesn't mean I'd have a different view on the incident. Nice try though, instead of trying to actually back up your word, you attack my avatar.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 PM

i am not getting into another debate on the predators or on the hartnell/cheechoo incident.

i have by no means said 'zomg preds rule' or anything like it at any point in this thread. their team has improved a great deal from last year - more than the sharks have. this is why i think it will be a longer and closer series.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

qft, ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong that I want the Sharks to lose just so this guy goes away? You'd fit in with the whiny Sabres fans. Just shut up already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am soooooo not whiiiinnnyyyyy at alllll...

psst...no goal
Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM

Dude, enjoy the playoffs. Drop the Cheechoo thing already. He's hurt, move on. Michalek can step in and do his job anyway. Just be happy you didn't lose Carle or Hannan, that would be alot more devastating for the Sharks.

Tuco.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Speaking of Joe Thornton being a dirty player, now that is one thing we can all agree on.

I'm sure a lot of centres do this as well, but last Saturday's Vancouver @ San Jose game (Canucks won 4-2, IIRC), I watched Joe take a faceoff against Brian Smolinski... and the first thing Joe did was take a huge whack at Smolinski's stick just as the puck was dropped. Obv, as Smolinski is waiting for the puck to drop, his entire weight is resting the stick and he goes, literally, face first right into the ice. Looked brutally painful.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, enjoy the playoffs. Drop the Cheechoo thing already. He's hurt, move on. Michalek can step in and do his job anyway. Just be happy you didn't lose Carle or Hannan, that would be alot more devastating for the Sharks.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to read my posts. I much rather have a thread about the playoffs where ANYTHING hockey is being talked about rather than twiddling my thumbs and having everyone agree that the weather is nice. If you don't want discussion, I suggest you read TSN.ca/NHL or a newspaper instead of a message board.

Carle vs Cheechoo... now that's close. Carle is so over-hyped, it's sad. He has a bright future, but he really needs to learn to play his position and not be so shaky in key moments.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Joe Thornton being a dirty player, now that is one thing we can all agree on.

I'm sure a lot of centres do this as well, but last Saturday's Vancouver @ San Jose game (Canucks won 4-2, IIRC), I watched Joe take a faceoff against Brian Smolinski... and the first thing Joe did was take a huge whack at Smolinski's stick just as the puck was dropped. Obv, as Smolinski is waiting for the puck to drop, his entire weight is resting the stick and he goes, literally, face first right into the ice. Looked brutally painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

EVERYONE cheats on faceoffs. If a center doesn't cheat, he will be pushed to the wing. I don't even remember if I've actually seen a faceoff taken cleanly according to the rules. Joe Thornton is more dirty than cheating at the faceoff circle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

qft, ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am soooooo not whiiiinnnyyyyy at alllll...

psst...no goal

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't aimed towards you, just Sabres fans in general. So much uproar over that very small tussle at the end of the game last night. It's like the majority of Sabres fans have been watching hockey for about one year.