Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Default Re: CCU...gone?

I had a BIG FEUD with this CCU guy about 10 days ago in the Internet Bonuses forum that somebody just bumped.

Listen to me then and listem to me now. Free Offers Now was a thinly disguised advertisment and CCU was never going to or never will come close to paying as he promised.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
E.Z. please post the response you get from him. Should be good stuff. Also once he responds forward the info to him about the actual person who tried this crap. Go Daddy will have logs of the whois so the Politican if he wishes will be able to retrieve them and see what this guy did. Isn't impersonating a Government offical a big no-no? Just add another to the list of illegal things FON has done.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, even if he pays up, he's [censored] when it comes to committing fraud by using a false name and address to hide behind. I'm going to pursue this to the bitter end just to see him burn in legal hell.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:43 PM

Not to take CCU's side here but I don't think falsely registering a domain name is a crime. He can lose the domain name if you report him to UCANN but I do not see how you can do any worse then that.

Granted for $8 he could have privately registered it and then no one would know where he lived or his real name. The fact that his whois is false now is not relevent to anything other then his intentions and fear of what may happen to him.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to take CCU's side here but I don't think falsely registering a domain name is a crime. He can lose the domain name if you report him to UCANN but I do not see how you can do any worse then that.

Granted for $8 he could have privately registered it and then no one would know where he lived or his real name. The fact that his whois is false now is not relevent to anything other then his intentions and fear of what may happen to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Wrongful deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

Does that phrase ring a bell?

Maybe this one will.

[ QUOTE ]
In criminal law, fraud is the crime or offense of deliberately deceiving another in order to damage them — usually, to obtain property or services from him or her unjustly. [1] Fraud can be accomplished through the aid of forged objects. In the criminal law of common law jurisdictions it may be called "theft by deception," "larceny by trick," "larceny by fraud and deception" or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2006, 11:25 PM

Quite a stretch. I'm not saying he is a model citizen. You can go back and look at past threads where I warned others to stay away. Forging whois info when it can be made private and forged legitately is not fraud in itself. Of course him not ever having any intention of paying is another story.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:47 PM

and more to the point, what's the point of pursuing him now, when there's still a chance he's seen his mistake and will pay up?

i'm not sure you'd be able to prove fraud yet, but even if you could it's only going to damage everyone's chances of ever getting anything. i think give him a chance to redeem himself before unleashing the hounds.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:54 PM

he is not going to pay up, he will find every excuse not to
Old 10-11-2006, 12:03 AM

If I was a CCU customer, I would not be happy about having to send my ID, but, in the end, it's not a big deal.

All of you who have the ability to scan your ID also have the ability to open it up in Microsoft Paint and black out all personally sensitive information. I assume he already has your name, address, and maybe date of birth, so just black out everything except for what he already has.

When I had to send ID to a couple poker rooms when I moved, I only showed them my name, address, and dob (and phone number where applicable). They already had that stuff. I blacked out my drivers license number and even my height and weight.

I don't blame anybody for being upset over this whole thing, but freaking out about him stealing your identity if you send your ID is silly. Just don't let him see any info he doesn't have already.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and even my height and weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, why?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:10 AM

SIF