Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
Right now it is only trying to pull from one database that has about 500k hands in it. It is a Postgres database. I have run a full vacuum on it and my hard drive qas recently defraged. Still having the same issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you use PAHUD also? If you pull up PAHUD for that table, does it show the stats faster than SS can?

We plan on creating a tool that will create a summary stats database from all of your other databases, and that will be much faster. Until then there really isn't much to do to speed it up.

One other thing to try would be to backup and restore your Postgres database using the "PGAdmin III" tool that comes with Postgres.

(Also see my message 2 down about turning off the incremental updates under Advanced options, that might speed it up).

-Ben
Old 07-26-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I turn off all the "averages" or what-not? I think any data is important, and I don't like the weighting at all..

Example: If I have a table with 2 players for the sake of easiness, and one I have:
1,500 hands, 15% vpip, 3% pfr, 1 AF
and
15 hands, 92% vpip, 26% pfr, 4 AF

I don't think I will ever see this table because of the weighted averages. The only thing that weighted averages show me is that I have a couple players that I have a lot of hands on and they bring down the average. I would MUCH rather find a table with a 92% guy that I have 15 hands on than a table with a 35% guy that I have 400 hands on.

Also, the weighted NumData I am wondering if I can turn off too for the same reason. If I have 5 hands on a guy it may not make a difference, but in my mind the difference between 15 hands and 200 is not a huge amount because no matter how hot they are if they have played 80% of their hands on only 15 hands even, I WANT TO FIND THAT PLAYER.

Thanks man

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, currently it scales the averages and NUMDATA field by a 300 hand threshold. We could make that a user option though, so you could configure it to 15 if you want. For our fish score though, you do need 300 hands because it uses some stats that don't converge until that many hands. VPIP does converge faster, but I think you'd still want at least 30.

-Ben
Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man has slowed to a halt to. It was very speedy until the recent udpate. Now it takes over 30 minutes to go through 55 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's something to try. Go into the Advanced Options screen (CTRL-O), and turn OFF incremental updates.

We really didn't do anything to change the speed at which the stats are calculated.

Has anyone else seen performance problems with Build 24 of SS?

-Ben
Old 07-27-2006, 03:45 AM

Hi,

Is there any time table as to when this will be available for Full Tilt? PTS simply isn't going to cut it but what both these programs do is pretty damn sweet, so I'd like to have one.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:56 AM

Hey,

I am getting:

7/27/2006 3:48:45 AM App Error Download Error: Socket Error # 10060Connection timed out.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Is there any time table as to when this will be available for Full Tilt? PTS simply isn't going to cut it but what both these programs do is pretty damn sweet, so I'd like to have one.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say for sure but hopefully pretty soon.

-Ben
Old 07-27-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I am getting:

7/27/2006 3:48:45 AM App Error Download Error: Socket Error # 10060Connection timed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Site seems to be working fine now. Is it working for you now?

-Ben
Old 07-27-2006, 11:42 AM

hi,

there is one hugely important feature that i think the software is missing.

when scanning 7-10 handed games, it should only grab stats from hands with at least 7 players dealt in. when scanning 6 or less handed games, it should only grab stats from hands with at most 6 players dealt in. people's stats 7+ handed are far different than shorthanded, and this makes some sharks look like fish etc.

ps i was really happy to see a huge negative score by my name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 12:12 PM

I cant get it to display any HH data. Maybe it isnt locating my DBs correctly? How do I go about remedying this?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant get it to display any HH data. Maybe it isnt locating my DBs correctly? How do I go about remedying this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you checked the User guides > Database Setup section of the website? It has instructions there.

-Dan