Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

adanthar,

I just read the sticky, very good. One tiny possible problem for outsiders/media: we sometimes switch back and forth between user names and real names. Maybe add a note that Nat Arem == N 82 50 24 and that Dan Druff == Todd Witteles.

edit: I mean, within the sticky it's fine, but someone might come looking for posts by "Nat Arem" and not find anything, or might think that Dan Druff is a real name, etc. But a key like would be helpful, imo.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 PM

To quote Johan Cruijff, Netherlands best soccer player from 70s and 80s: "Every disadvantage has an advandate". (Elk voordeel hep zn nadeel)

IF the mass media starts to report the issue as "omg online poker rigged", this might lead to Poker Sites actually increasing their level of transparency and security regulation. Plus, it would be indeed a good moment to send an email to your congress representative saying:

"Dear sir protect me from those offshore crooks, plz regulate teh online porker kthxbye"

[ QUOTE ]

3) He is pretty retarded

Now weigh in the fact that he had high position in he company, option 3 becomes less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no reason to believe 3 is unlikely. In fact, all evidence points towards that being the case.

I just caught up on this thread, so I'm going to put my responses in one post.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think we should organize a group, seems like Las Vegas would be a logical choice to actually have people fly in and meet in a room and go over everything, have an actually meeting.

good idea or no?

btw, i would be happy to pay for drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a bad idea, but I don't want to have to catch up on 1000 posts when I have to fly across country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it after the initial crush dies down. We are still in throws of it, and just like the last time, when the cheating was discovered but before we had the .xls file, the hectic pace will slow. The story will drop off the top of dig, this the thread will drop off the front page of 2+2, and the GA audit will be underway and there will be no new information for a while.

In the meantime, make a sticky, keep the cliff's notes updated, keep digging, etc. Then once it slows a little, get the big brains together and put everything in order for mass consumption (and for nailing AP).

[ QUOTE ]
Also I'm sorry I keep mentioning this but, how do we know this guy at AP got fired for sending the Master Hand History. Seems to be hearsay at this point and since we want to get all the facts straight and not put out false information, it would help if we knew what the guy's name is and when he got fired?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read the GD thread before posting. The information comes from sources within AP. We know his name, but not when he stopped being employed at AP.

If he doesn't get hired back, maybe there should be a BBV fund-raiser for the guy. So sick that he loses his job in the coverup.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else tried to get tournament hand histories from AP?

I've been trying and gotten no response, 48 hours and counting. Specifically hand histories for the 100K bounty tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think that you could probably understand why this is

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have locked down transmitting hand history information to all their customers regarding OTHER tournaments not played by POTRIPPER one could easily assume they have something to hide regarding these tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

There is more out there to be found. Keep it up 2+2.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great work everyone. Have people been looking at their PokerTracker databases for other cheaters? I think by pulling up the summary tab and sorting on vp$ip (click on those letters) you can sort by preflp calling %. If someone has a very high preflop calling %, are big winners and have played many hands they could be a suspect. Another column to review is the w$sd. You would have an unusually high winning rate at showdown if you can see all of the hands.

These idiots could have utilized this cheating tool forever if they were smart about it. They could play $5/$10 no limit 'normally' and utilize 'the extra information' one time per day on a $1,000 pot. Do this on four or five accounts and you make several thousand dollars per day. Throw in some big tourney wins and cover play and it would be easy to make a couple of extra million dollars per year. These idiots calling 90% preflop and calling all in bluffs with nothing totally amaze me. Can any person really be that stupid?

How are other major poker sites preventing this from happening on their sites? It would be nice to see statements from PokerStars, Bodog, Full Tilt, etc. Their lack of statements or reassurances also personally disturb me. Crickets?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn

[/ QUOTE ]
So what youre saying is poker isnt rigged! we have been right all along... but maybe just enough inside (former insider) cheaters around the off set the poker economy... Like people always argue for the "slighty off, slighty rigged" arguement... ok way off topic, hijacked, im a troll. But im just [censored] pisssed at this [censored] comming out now as i use to play on AP for over a year (though not in the last 6 months)... and regularly played 50-200$ tournys...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in that tourny with Steamroller, and reviewed my HH. From what I saw he was very consistent with a superuser but different than potripper. Not a complete moron, picking his spots a much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU HAVE, THIS IS HUGE EVIDENCE
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM

THE PLAYERS
--------------------------
ABSOLUTE POKER
"Absolute Poker and the Absolute Poker website are solely owned and operated by Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, Route 138, Kahnawake, Quebec J0L 1B0. Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG is owned by a Mohawk of Kahnawake and is operated from the sovereign nation of the Mohawks of Kahnawake, located near Montreal Quebec."

Absolute Poker purchased Ultimate Bet in Oct, 2006. $10 million in cash and about $140 million in 5 future annual payments.

The Fraternity - SAE - MONTANA

SCOTT TOM
AP was started by Scott Tom and a few Ivy league friends back in 2003. Phil Tom and the other fathers of these kids bankrolled the venture, and Absolute Poker was born. Phil Tom is Scott Tom's FATHER, not his brother. The IP address that this 'other' account was logged in from was traced to the home cable modem of Scott Tom, CEO of Absolute poker. scott@rivieraltd.com is apparently the CEO, and is also possibly (not certain) POTRIPPER.

If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com. I have talked to a lot of people around the poker world about the IP address used by #363 and the rivieraltd.com email. The IP address cross-references to someone named Scott Tom, who also appears to be an owner at AP. It should also be noted that the first part of the rivieraltd.com email is "scott@".

Scott Tom has account at Ultimate Bet under the name of 'PotChopper'

AJ GREEN

The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com and the former director of operations at Absolute. AJ Green is also POTSLAMMER, he of the 3 posts shilling for AP in his only thread. As we already know, The Watchdog, who comes in to defend him and co-shill for AP in that thread, is probably Scott Tom. AJ Green/Potripper on AP [almost certainly] = FATRAISER on Stars

BRENT BECKLEY - alumnus from SAE frat in Montana from 1999
RUNNINONMT on UB - That player is Brent Beckley, another major player at AP. Brent Beckley worked for AP when a poster propped there. He was a part of support and security. Brent Beckley's last known city of residence is Miami, which is the location of one of the cheater accounts. He was a frat brother of Scott Tom in Montana.

his email is brent@rivieraltd.com and from the montana group of people who run ap

OSCAR HILT
Oscar Hilt = another one of Scott Tom's frat brothers, and was also employed by Absolute, as the CFO maybe?

WILLIAM WILLIS - Frat allum from 1995
Montana resident and online poker player "MCBill" probably feels like he's struck gold this week after winning access to a possible over $100 million in online poker tournament prize pool money. Absolute Poker revealed that the online poker player hailing from Helena, Montana has won the 5th Absolute Dream Package on October 7th. There are active McBill accounts at Full Tilt and PokerStars.

MARK SEIF
Mark seif has huge endorsement deal dating back from when Scott Tom is CEO of AP.
Mark Seif has been seen in public with Scott Tom many times.
SEIF's QUESTIONABLE SESSION

THE ACCOUNTS
----------------------------
USER 363 - Unknown - observed Table of Potripper in 1K win
1. This guy "enters" table 13 at 2007-09-12 21:02:14, which is 2 minutes and 14 seconds after the tourney started.
2. Table 13 is the table which POTRIPPER was playing on
3. He never leaves the table, which means he was observing the table until at least 11:20 PM EST (at least, that's how I understand this)
4. His IP address is based in Costa Rica.
5. This is the most damning. He is user id 363 at AP. That means he was created in the system very very early on. Most of these user ids are in the 6 or 7 figures.

The guy who was on the same IP as the user 363 had his email set to an email that is hosted by Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
GRAYCAT - Crushed High stakes limit games on Absolute. Chip dumped large amounts to SUPERCARDM55

DOUBLEDRAG -

DOUBLEDRAG chip dumped $200k and $300k to Romnaldo (or REYMNALDO) -THESE ARE 3 CONSECUTIVE HANDS where DOUBLEDRAG and ROMNALDO capped every street playing $200/$400 heads-up, only to have DOUBLEDRAG fold for one bet on the river. HERE
After cheating story became public DOUBLEDRAG dumped 27k on the tables.

STEAMROLLER

OSCAR133 - There was an "Oscar Hilt" at SAE in 1999.
2 tournaments, 1 9 entrants, 1 296, won both, total winnings 38k

POTRIPPER - won 1K tournament - user #2234890 is POTRIPPER in the AP user database. POTRIPPER folded his first couple hands before the 363 observer entered the table... and that's when he started the suspicious activities. .xls file mistakenly sent out by Absoulte support.
YOU TUBE OF WIN

POTSLAMMER - Do we know anything about this account?

PAYUP - Won 1K on 8/23
Date Buyin Tournament/Event Place Entrants Winnings
9/7/2007 $50 NL Hold'em 40 235 —
8/25/2007 $500 NL Hold'em 248 306 —
8/22/2007 $1,000 NL Hold'em 1 119 $35,700.00
8/18/2007 $500 NL Hold'em 248 365 —
8/14/2007 $100 NL Hold'em 20 85 —
8/14/2007 $50 NL Hold'em 63 136 —
8/13/2007 $3 NL Hold'em+Rebuys 628 713 —
8/9/2007 $10 NL Hold'em 54 121 —
6/20/2007 $1,000 NL Hold'em 28 94 —
6/4/2007 $10 NL Hold'em 51 134 —
6/1/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 6 19 —
5/30/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 3 16 —
5/22/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 2 13 $12.00
5/14/2007 $30 NL Hold'em+Rebuys 165 207 —
5/10/2007 $25 NL Hold'em 225 315 —
5/9/2007 $20 NL Hold'em 59 85 —
5/1/2007 $25 NL Hold'em 114 299 —
3/22/2007 $5 NL Hold'em 328 396 —
3/21/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 27 29 —
3/20/2007 $5 NL Hold'em 219 426 —
3/20/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 35 42 —

MCBILL

Montana resident and online poker player "MCBill" probably feels like he's struck gold this week after winning access to a possible over $100 million in online poker tournament prize pool money. Absolute Poker revealed that the online poker player hailing from Helena, Montana has won the 5th Absolute Dream Package on October 7th.

THE THREADS - I am sure I missed one or two here
-----------------------------
THREAD #1
THREAD #2
THREAD #3
THREAD #4?
THREAD #5
<a href="THREAD #6" target="_blank">http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...vc=1</a>
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM

edited your post because the Russ Hamilton thing isn't true

edited some more because koehlpepper seems legit, too, and that's a misleading screenshot
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Can you reduce the size of the Potripper and steamroller DB images? They are rather large....
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

wtf, take the mcbill and kohleppel stuff out of that, the mcbill is extremely speculative and the kohleppel is flat out wrong.

For anyone else who doesn't bother reading the thread before commenting:

THOSE AP TOURNEY WINNINGS SCREENSHOTS DON'T NECESSARILY SHOW TOURNAMENTS YOU PLAYED AND DID NOT CASH IN, ESPECIALLY SATELLITES. THIS IS THE REASON KOHLEPPEL APPEARS TO HAVE WON 8 MILLION SATS IN A ROW.
Closed Thread