Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

The knife/bat test fight not happening is going to be more disappointing than the $5k Gildwulf/Daliman karaoke match that never happened.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do know that I can withstand a blow in alot of places on my body from a bat and still function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report or just BS'ing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, not BS'ing but not something I'd really like to share either.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MSpaints though
Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The knife/bat test fight not happening is going to be more disappointing than the $5k Gildwulf/Daliman karaoke match that never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM WAITING COME ON GUYS
Old 07-10-2007, 06:50 PM

All,

This is a Nick Rainey sucker bet by NT!. Let's not forget that he's a whiffle-bat champion, so he's going to be shattering people left and right even without a Louisville Slugger.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:01 PM

this depends heavily on the knife.

are we talking about a pocket knife, or are we talking about an eight inch serrated hunting knife?

if it's a large knife, i pick the knife.

people dont realize that a baseball bat is only going to end this fight if the first or second strike is placed perfectly with the correct amount of force, where as the fight is usually going to be over the first time the guy with the knife stabs you.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM WAITING COME ON GUYS

[/ QUOTE ]

I offered to spot Tstone a baseball bat in a fight, and I didn't even ask for a knife.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 PM

The problem with this thread is that people without any fighting training just don't understand balance and where power comes from. If you're arguing, like some posters, that someone wielding a bat is as fast as someone wielding a knife, it means you lack a basic understanding of where the power in a bat swing comes from.

This is coincidentally the same lack of understanding that made a lot of people believe that tyson can knock someone out while lying on his back on the floor.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM

i will take the knife against anyone, as long as they are required to hold onto the bat with at least 1 hand during the whole fight.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 PM

All the people that keep saying the bat is useless or minimally useful in close really aren't thinking.

Go ahead, come in real close like -- makes it real easy to put one hand on either end of the bat and slam it upwards into your chin.

Or if the bat is behind you -- just grab both ends and slam it against that thing called a spine which will be nicely exposed on the back of your neck.

Oh and while you are busy charging in there is of course no chance that I will just slam that bat straight-forward into your on-coming charge -- it won't be the lest bit distracting for you.

-----------

Anybody wonder why the much greater percentage of effort involved in the development of weapon technology has been focused on distance?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM

i think there's a lot more strategies that could be employed

as a knifer, i'd run and try to block/dodge/deflect the blow and just tackle the batter. even for a novice knifer that should be pretty sure death.

as the batter, depending on the knifer's skill/speed, i'd either jab with the bat until i found a good opening for a crushing blow, or swing and then attempt to dodge or deflect the knife blow with my arm.

a lot of people are definitely overestimating their knifing skills, as well as underestimating the batter's dodging/deflecting skills

against myself, the bat would be best because i'm not very quick or fast at all, and would probably turn into a pussy if whacked pretty hard with the bat