W. Dunn @ Cin 6 35.29%
S. Alexander(if he plays) @ KC 3 17.65%
T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

Pullllleeeze...what are these guys a bunch of f'in babies? "Need a tirade" to get them out of a funk?

FU. How about you don't throw balls into centerfield, and don't F up double plays, and don't get thrown out stealing 3rd base with 2 outs and the potential MVP of the league at bat.

So weaksauce to say "We need a speech or tirade to get us going". Waaaaaaaaaaa. So get made your damn self...go ahead and throw a water cooler if that's what's gonna make you not be a dumbass on the field. Don't cry waiting for Willie to do it.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pullllleeeze...what are these guys a bunch of f'in babies? "Need a tirade" to get them out of a funk?

FU. How about you don't throw balls into centerfield, and don't F up double plays, and don't get thrown out stealing 3rd base with 2 outs and the potential MVP of the league at bat.

So weaksauce to say "We need a speech or tirade to get us going". Waaaaaaaaaaa. So get made your damn self...go ahead and throw a water cooler if that's what's gonna make you not be a dumbass on the field. Don't cry waiting for Willie to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

willie shows no emotion. Two players got thrown out of the game in the phillies series in the 9th inning and willie showed zero emotion. he came out there to protect his player, but did not get mad or anything. they are playing like [censored] and all willie keeps saying is "they are playing hard"
he needs to rip them a new a-hole
Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Yeah, one of those players got thrown out and potentially cost his team a win because his [censored] replacement at catcher couldn't catch a pop up. Great job that was.

And I disagree he didn't get mad. He was definitely PO'd in the LoDuca situation. The Marlon Anderson i couldn't tell so much because I was in the stadium, not watching on TV.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

willie shows no emotion. Two players got thrown out of the game in the phillies series in the 9th inning and willie showed zero emotion. he came out there to protect his player, but did not get mad or anything. they are playing like [censored] and all willie keeps saying is "they are playing hard"
he needs to rip them a new a-hole

[/ QUOTE ]

And if the Mets were rolling right now Willie would be praised for being the team's "rock".

These guys have nobody to blame for their crappy play but themselves. Whether a particular pitcher or pitchers should have been in the position to hurt the team, however, is another issue.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM

ugh, willie is a passive guy and that's just his style...i won't hold it against him, who knows if he'd even be 'effective' at getting a msg across??

players shouldn't need motivational crap to play well against the [censored] nationals...

is willie supposed to successfully complete the DP from the dugout??
Old 09-18-2007, 12:10 PM

also, a special FU to lo duca, keep ur mouth shut dumb [censored] and try to stick around in games
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM

the pitch was a ball, he lost his temper, im not mad at loduca for actually showing some life

not our fault we put in an incompetent replacement.

And when a player gets thrown out, it would be nice once in a while to see willie get thrown out too. But i think he is afraid it will look like he is losing control and wants to keep his cool guy image.

i dont hate willie, and he has done a decent job these past two years (minus his misuse of mota), but showing a little emotion once in a blue moon would be nice

saying to the media "We played horrible, 5 errors are inexcusable, and we better ship up if we expect to make the playoffs" is what i would like to hear. Not "My guys played hard, that's all i can ask for, errors happen, etc etc"
Old 09-18-2007, 04:09 PM

anybody else feel like they're going home tonight to watch a playoff game?

[censored], why did this team have to do this. and not only once, but twice in 2 weeks!!

just go out and win the f'in division already
Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 PM

I just read that Willie doesn't plan on using Pelfrey in the playoff bullpen because he doesn't have time to "experiment".....

Just fire him now, please. He's a [censored] idiot, and I no longer want to root for game outcomes that are favorable for him.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read that Willie doesn't plan on using Pelfrey in the playoff bullpen because he doesn't have time to "experiment".....

Just fire him now, please. He's a [censored] idiot, and I no longer want to root for game outcomes that are favorable for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always been a Willie supporter and like his even demeanor and style in leading his veteran ballclub.

But I'm seriously starting to wane...

I don't need to him to yell and scream, get ejected, or get in his players faces, but the bullpen management and the dumbass panic moves (double-switch LoDuca out so that Sosa can pitch a 2nd inning on his 3rd straight day of work, replace him with DiFilece for an inning of defense, and then pinch hit Castro??) are starting to take its toll.

And I just read the article you were talking about, kbfc. I can take not throwing them in the playoffs as long as you don't try and BS us with BS quotes. "You don't take a young guy like that who's never done it and force-feed him,'' Randolph said. This from a guy who saw what Maine and Perez did last year in the post-season? And went with Perez over Trachsel "because I like him". So don't sit here 11 months later and give me some [censored] about how a young guy can't be force-fed in the post-season. That Mota keeps being trotted out there is beyond comprehension.

And it's like it pure stubborness that causes it. If Willie was smart, he's realize that he'd relieve a lot of the pressure and blame on himself if he starting throwing Pelf and Humber out there instead of Mota/Sosa. If those guys fail, the fans will say "Well, we tried everything....nothing Willie can do about every option out in the pen being [censored]." But to not even try that route for a game or two -- well then he's just setting up his own sword to fall on.