View Poll Results: Pick 2
Parker @ CHI 1 8.33%
Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

Manny is the hardest working hitter on the Sox by all accounts, and he probably ranks near the top for the whole league. He's an animal. But because he's funny loving and has a propensity to do goofy stuff, he's got a bad attitude.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM

btw, I love the shots at the Rockies and the NL when I am talking about Manny. You both really help your points there. The Rockies, since the break, have been playing top level baseball for the vast majority of the time. Saying they are at best 10th is insane (at least since the break.. we were much worse before that). More importantly, it is completely irrelevant to this discussion.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Manny is the hardest working hitter on the Sox by all accounts, and he probably ranks near the top for the whole league. He's an animal. But because he's funny loving and has a propensity to do goofy stuff, he's got a bad attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said I was out of line saying bad attitude, thats not what I meant. I just hate seeing a lack of effort there when he is so fun to watch otherwise.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hate seeing a lack of effort there when he is so fun to watch otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the Red Sox had 9 Manny's they would be the best team ever. so there is your lack of effort
Old 10-20-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about the way I said that, was running out of the door and didn't mean to imply that his attitude towards the game is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Nobody said that Manny shouldn't have ran harder out of the box. And disregard my COL comment. Just frustrated that Manny has been pretty amazing this post-season, yet almost is getting A-Rod treatment (where both are undeserved and incorrect).
Old 10-20-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if the Red Sox had 9 Manny's they would be the best team ever. so there is your lack of effort

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, another completely irrelevant post!

All I'm saying is Manny is one of the most exciting people in sports to watch.. period. Across all major sports. When he is at bat its always exciting, technically sound, and often game changing. I just hate that he doesn't give effort on base running. He trots way too much. I don't see how you can get so defensive about that point. I am not saying he's bad, he's a detriment to the team, or he should be kicked out of Boston. I'm saying it is dissapointing to see someone so strong in regards to at bats not run out of the box.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would Manny pitch or could this team allow the 9th Manny to DH? If the Manny Bad Man's was allowed a pitcher, would he need to be extremely fast on his feet to cover the entire infield?

craig
Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, another completely irrelevant post!

All I'm saying is Manny is one of the most exciting people in sports to watch.. period. Across all major sports. When he is at bat its always exciting, technically sound, and often game changing. I just hate that he doesn't give effort on base running. He trots way too much. I don't see how you can get so defensive about that point. I am not saying he's bad, he's a detriment to the team, or he should be kicked out of Boston. I'm saying it is dissapointing to see someone so strong in regards to at bats not run out of the box.

[/ QUOTE ]
Chim,
All they are saying is to say manny doesn't give it his all or is lazy just isn't true, he is usually one of the hardest students of the game but gets no credit for it. I agree though, if he gave it 110% on the field and basepaths he would likely be referred to as one of the best players in history rather then just as "manny"
Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree though, if he gave it 110% on the field and basepaths he would likely be referred to as one of the best players in history rather then just as "manny"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. A-Rod fits the criteria above and most 'smart' fans of baseball would say he was one of the best players. I think most of these same people would say the same about Manny (even without the 110%). Would 110% include sliding or barreling into Martinez at the plate (2nd inning in game 5)? I ask, because I think most (not you) people that would want 110% (Jim Rome) would say thats what Manny should do.

craig
Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would Manny pitch or could this team allow the 9th Manny to DH? If the Manny Bad Man's was allowed a pitcher, would he need to be extremely fast on his feet to cover the entire infield?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm if Manny had to pitch, then an all Manny team would not win many games.