Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whyzze, i think what both netstorm and i were trying to say was that you can't get your 'true' winrate over a certain number, say 100k, of hands, albeit in much different ways.

and i disagree that if one has a winrate that remains stagnant, that he should give up the hobby. if you maintain 5-7ptbb/100 at 50nl over 100k hands while the games are continuously evolving (a point that i think you overlooked), i'd say you're doing a pretty decent job at that limit. yeah, most guys will move up before 100k...but some people need a rather stress-free, robotic approach to this game in order to cope with the everyday variance we all face.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSDEX and gelford come to mind. These two guys have been raping uNL / SSNL for 100's of K's of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there are exceptions. But moving up is something these guys are incredibly capable of and they are making good money where they are at. If they are happy then its all good...and imo, i doubt they have stopped improving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Whizzle

And youre right, I haven't stopped improving ... but bankroll considerations always stopped me from moving up (In other words living of poker and having to cash out every month) ... but midaugust I cashed out a final time down to 500$ (or was it 400?) and now I only cash out my rb. Roll at 5K and I'm playing a mix of 100 and 200NL slowly building up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gno offence you're prob a decnt player but you do seem to whine more than the local abbatoir [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, wheres my whines biatches?

I cant recall my last complaint excluding when i said "dam i hate action cards" vs AA on ATT2J.

I post my losing hands, is what a whine is classed as now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you where joking when you posted this reply to my comment ... obv not (ldo)
Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Professor grump, your complaints have no credit.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whyzze, i think what both netstorm and i were trying to say was that you can't get your 'true' winrate over a certain number, say 100k, of hands, albeit in much different ways.

and i disagree that if one has a winrate that remains stagnant, that he should give up the hobby. if you maintain 5-7ptbb/100 at 50nl over 100k hands while the games are continuously evolving (a point that i think you overlooked), i'd say you're doing a pretty decent job at that limit. yeah, most guys will move up before 100k...but some people need a rather stress-free, robotic approach to this game in order to cope with the everyday variance we all face.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSDEX and gelford come to mind. These two guys have been raping uNL / SSNL for 100's of K's of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there are exceptions. But moving up is something these guys are incredibly capable of and they are making good money where they are at. If they are happy then its all good...and imo, i doubt they have stopped improving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Whizzle

And youre right, I haven't stopped improving ... but bankroll considerations always stopped me from moving up (In other words living of poker and having to cash out every month) ... but midaugust I cashed out a final time down to 500$ (or was it 400?) and now I only cash out my rb. Roll at 5K and I'm playing a mix of 100 and 200NL slowly building up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second that cashing out is the death of moving up.

Make sure you continue to spread your wisdom down here in the dungeon when you hit MSNL.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

but bankroll considerations always stopped me from moving up (In other words living of poker and having to cash out every month) ... but midaugust I cashed out a final time down to 500$ (or was it 400?) and now I only cash out my rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my issues. I am married with job, family with kids, and other hobbies outside of poker. If I dont make withdrawls my wife starts getting on me about wasting time etc. I dont mind spending the money, I will be taking some out next month for some pool tourney weekends for that matter. If I didnt have any responsibilities (read student), I would just bank the monies won and build a bankroll and move up.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will second that cashing out is the death of moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT - that is the single best piece of non-strategy advice for uNL.

That I would say is one of my biggest mistakes IMHO.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but bankroll considerations always stopped me from moving up (In other words living of poker and having to cash out every month) ... but midaugust I cashed out a final time down to 500$ (or was it 400?) and now I only cash out my rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my issues. I am married with job, family with kids, and other hobbies outside of poker. If I dont make withdrawls my wife starts getting on me about wasting time etc. I dont mind spending the money, I will be taking some out next month for some pool tourney weekends for that matter. If I didnt have any responsibilities (read student), I would just bank the monies won and build a bankroll and move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be so nice to do. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Yeah i cashed out like $10k, thas why im at NL%25

Tl:dr: Im retarded.

Im wondering if i should play 23/20 or 16/14 for NL$25... its a tricky decision
Old 09-27-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i cashed out like $10k, thas why im at NL%25

Tl:dr: Im retarded.