Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: STTF Werewolf Gamethread: Find the Superusers

Yeah, def. It's important to remember that the Wolves will be in great position because of the fact that there is likely a beginner Seer, so it's not too outlandish for them to just be piling on here. Normally we would see wolves disguising themselves early in the game by not piling on me.

Ryot could be playing super well here by not doing that, but since I think Kevin is one of them, I'll have to vote Kevin as well(or sixfour).

lynch Kevin

I don't think Hippo the wolf is stupid enough to make the post above when he knows he is not in any danger anytime soon.

Honestly, lynch me tomorrow & it will make no difference. It gives the Seer a chance to come out as he probably should & clear me or tell you guys I am a wolf. Today, you are doing it blind.

If for some reason the chance Kevin was peeked > me peeked than lynch me now. I just don't see that happening often enough.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 PM

lots of interesting posts from different people once the votes started piling on TFG IMO
Old 10-23-2007, 07:25 PM

And if Jekyll, then Reno, definitely. Proof will follow if Jek is lynched and shows fur.

Newport has been very UTR. Would he like to give his analysis of the game so far?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Did I [censored] up or what? (Well, sorta. You have to lynch an unknown on day one, and you're not going to get a wolf to give themselves away very easily. Accusing a "name" player should shake it up a bit. Unfortunately, some of the other players just don't get that and make long, whiny posts about how everyone is just a noob and doesn't get it, instead of getting with the program and shaking the tree.)It should be obvious I'm not a wolf though. I was pushing for jgunnip to get lynched the next day so why would I eat him at night? Still, there have been some interesting votes. I think the villagers who want to lynch TFG need to check their heads. If he's a wolf, he's playing a pretty smart game.

I'm going for Jekyll. When a pack forms to kill someone, it's much more likely they are villagers than wolves. So you're either very dumb villager or very dumb wolf.

I'm really leaning to wolf for Kevin still. Velo, I was, but he seems to have been struck by good sense. sixfour, maybe. dawade, howling at the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is the 3-4 time you've called me dumb

you also suspected bhokie and he got lynched. your night kill was for an experienced villager jg... tfg (but he might be wolf) if he is a villager than you took a shot at jg. what happens one day does not necessarily mean that will stick the next day (w/ respect to your comment about why would you pick jg)

you still have my vote drezen... you wolf bastard...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 PM

Finally taking a break from moving (and just got my computer set up. Yay!)and catching up. I won't pretend to understand entirely the reads alot of ya'll got going on so far, so it looks like more digging for me. One thing REALLY stuck in my craw, though.

[ QUOTE ]
haha look what i started

[/ QUOTE ]

We just lynched a damn good player (from what I've been told) and lost another experienced player in the night, and now were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Snap voting (and inadvertently starting bandwagons)probably is'nt the best idea.

So, yea, lynch fluorescenthippo.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 PM

Smoov, only hippo isn't that dumb. Nothing wrong with being upset about his response, but clearly not the best move tonight.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 PM

FWIW, jekyll could of have been peeked because of his strange play, so I don't like going that route right now. Unless you guys really hate a Kevin or 64 lynch, then go there.

Nothing wrong with options, but by design it's easier to pick up information, just like you guys did seeing me piled on.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, def. It's important to remember that the Wolves will be in great position because of the fact that there is likely a beginner Seer, so it's not too outlandish for them to just be piling on here. Normally we would see wolves disguising themselves early in the game by not piling on me.

Ryot could be playing super well here by not doing that, but since I think Kevin is one of them, I'll have to vote Kevin as well(or sixfour).

lynch Kevin

I don't think Hippo the wolf is stupid enough to make the post above when he knows he is not in any danger anytime soon.

Honestly, lynch me tomorrow & it will make no difference. It gives the Seer a chance to come out as he probably should & clear me or tell you guys I am a wolf. Today, you are doing it blind.

If for some reason the chance Kevin was peeked > me peeked than lynch me now. I just don't see that happening often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your reasoning on the whole has been rubbish (and I'm going to give you a really good example below), mostly consisting of telling everyone else they are clueless (and you must know that strategy posts that don't have any actual content are a negative) but this last point is pretty good. I reckon you're pretty likely to have been peeked last night, because you've taken a lead and the seer is going to want to know whether you can be trusted or should be done in, because a wolf in the lead is a disaster for the village. Of course, it also makes you ultrasuspicious, because you'd expect to be a big target for the wolves, yet they didn't eat you. If you get through tonight, you have to be number one target tomorrow. If the seer didn't look at you last night, then he doesn't need to do it tonight: if you live, we have to lynch you for sure. I don't think the seer would peek Kevin because he's just so likely to get his neck stretched anyway.

But here's the bad reasoning you did, and it's really really suspicious: There is absolutely no way the seer should clear you! The seer should absolutely not clear a villager, even if he thinks he's a good player. Just in case anyone (including the seer) is not clear on why: when the seer speaks up, he's dead the next night. If he speaks up to clear a villager, the villager is dead the following night. That gains us no wolves. So I'm really interested that you said that.

So, Cliff's notes, it's a confusing picture for you. On the one hand, you are the most likely target for the seer; on the other, you're the most likely target for the wolves. And your suggestion that the seer should come out just to clear a villager sounds ultrawolfy because it totally only benefits the wolves. I'm leaning to thinking you just didnt' think that through, and I'm not going to vote for you tonight, but if you survive tonight, I could be convinced.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Did I [censored] up or what? (Well, sorta. You have to lynch an unknown on day one, and you're not going to get a wolf to give themselves away very easily. Accusing a "name" player should shake it up a bit. Unfortunately, some of the other players just don't get that and make long, whiny posts about how everyone is just a noob and doesn't get it, instead of getting with the program and shaking the tree.)It should be obvious I'm not a wolf though. I was pushing for jgunnip to get lynched the next day so why would I eat him at night? Still, there have been some interesting votes. I think the villagers who want to lynch TFG need to check their heads. If he's a wolf, he's playing a pretty smart game.

I'm going for Jekyll. When a pack forms to kill someone, it's much more likely they are villagers than wolves. So you're either very dumb villager or very dumb wolf.

I'm really leaning to wolf for Kevin still. Velo, I was, but he seems to have been struck by good sense. sixfour, maybe. dawade, howling at the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is the 3-4 time you've called me dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, please don't take it personally. Of course I mean your play has looked dumb, not that you are not a smart guy.

[ QUOTE ]
you also suspected bhokie and he got lynched.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I gave my reason and he didn't give any reason to change my mind. It's tough to pick wolves on the first day.

[ QUOTE ]
your night kill was for an experienced villager jg...

[/ QUOTE ]

He could not have looked more like a wolf if he had barked at me, dude. He won't be looking back on this as one of his best games.

[ QUOTE ]
tfg (but he might be wolf) if he is a villager than you took a shot at jg. what happens one day does not necessarily mean that will stick the next day (w/ respect to your comment about why would you pick jg)

[/ QUOTE ]

I partly wanted to see whether anyone else would jump on it.

[ QUOTE ]
you still have my vote drezen... you wolf bastard...

[/ QUOTE ]

And you have mine, furface.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 PM

ill be back in an hour or so but for now ill leave you with the fact that my contribution to the TFG bandwagon was purely for information (think who jumped on it, who didnt, the manner in which they acted, maybe even who completely ignored it). Based on what ive seen since it started i think kevin and sixfour are both good lynches. look forward to more discussion in a bit