Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
Your post is incredibly dumb. How do you know that "it's not going to matter in the long run?"

[ QUOTE ]
Let's get over with it and stop making it like it's some sort of serious newsworthy [censored]. It's not. It's the internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiaccounting is cheating. That's newsworthy to me. We're talking about serious work and money. You might just be the only person on this forum who thinks that poker is a "computer game". If you don't think its worth discussing, then [censored] off. Maybe thats the reason why you've never won a tournament?

BTW still waiting for you to point out my "serious problems".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's not just "news." It's a proliferation of opinions and philosohpical discussions and moral/ethical judgments over something which...just...is. None of this will solve the problem, in fact, with more argumentation about whether it's a problem or not, it's only going to make things worse. The worst thing you can to make taboo more acceptable is to talk about it. A lot. And then not do anything about it.

I'm a small stakes grinder. I'm probably doing, and perhaps not so well, what you were when you were beginning an "intermediate" level of play - playing 24s and the occassional 50, going deep. Do I consider it work? Yes. Do I study how to play? Yes. Is poker still a game? YES! Absolutely. It's a game - you try to trick others into winning chips with cards. Is it in a computer? Yes. Are there some that treat it like a computer game? Absolutely. You sit in front of your computer and you try to win a contest, if you do well enough, you're rewarded. That's a game. It's not a 9 to 5 job where you deal with people giving you orders, and following those orders, and then producing a product that has an effect on other people like clients or customers or what not. It's a game where everyone agrees to try to beat each other.

And, naturally, as with ANY game, there is going to be cheating. Except, here, it's going to be increasingly rampant because having the ability to cheat in the comfort of your own home with minimal accountability. I mean, people are going to play with their sisters, their mothers, their 4 year old daughters, their friends from college, that math whiz from MIT that comes over for one weekend and sits with you after claiming to have won $6000. Coaches are going to sweat their students during cash games where other players are trying to make money and advise them on what they should and shouldn't do. Multiple accounts will form. It's just a natural part of the system.

Which gets me to the point that everyone ignores because the CAN'T PAY ATTENTION TO IT - boycott pokerstars so that they take more serious measures. You can have 3500 posts on this thread before it closes and it won't matter a lick. All it does is add another layer of debate to something which is a given. People who play games for money on their computers are going to try to find an edge with ease. Sometimes that edge will be cheating.

However, in the long run, if you are making profitable decisions, I don't see how confronting a multaccounter can really rip into your EV that much.

And, bakes, your problems are simply that you take an opinion/post and you bellingerently insult the poster or the poster's opinions like 8/10 times when you disagree. You called me "ignorant" and my post "unbelievably dumb." That's enough for me not to like you, because even when I disagree with radical and imperfect arguments, I don't attack by petty insults and name calling. I don't respect that. And, therefore, I think you have problems. Could be wrong.

Barry
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Money makes the world go round and more people have killed and died for money than anything else.

Hate to be nitpicky here but there is no possible way that greed is reponsible for more deaths than organized religion...

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiotic statement.

Power and economics cause war. Nothing else.There is no such thing as a religious war. Sorry. Idiots die for their god, but the person leading the war is letting them die for himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone please get this kid a history book...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It took me more than a little while to realize that stealthmunk didn't/doesn't (i'm grunching) know what you mean by a 'rich and varied' life. As in, he's actually not aware of the alternate definitions of 'rich'. Lol/sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly understand alternate definitions of 'rich.' I'm sure if someone made a poll on who had the more 'rich and varied life?' play2kill would win over Nath. People, or 2p2ers, in general idolize, money, fortune, fame, hot women, and balla things such as expensive watches/cars' It is the world we live in today.

Patrik Antonius is a well established 2p2 "hero." So who is closer to his lifestyle? Play2kill or Nath? I'm sorry, but the idea that because someone multiaccounts a poker tournament, makes Nath better than them at life is completely ridiculous and wrong.

Please point out the definition I'm missing.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
rich
adj. rich·er, rich·est

1. Possessing great material wealth: "Now that he was rich he was not thought ignorant any more, but simply eccentric" (Mavis Gallant).
2. Having great worth or value: a rich harvest of grain.
3. Magnificent; sumptuous: a rich brocade.
1. Having an abundant supply: rich in ideas.
2. Abounding, especially in natural resources: rich land.
3. Containing a large amount of choice ingredients, such as butter, sugar, or eggs, and therefore unusually heavy or sweet: a rich dessert.
4. Having or exuding a strong or pungent aroma: "Texas air is so rich you can nourish off it like it was food" (Edna Ferber).
5. Pleasantly full and mellow: a rich tenor voice.
6. Warm and strong in color: a rich brown velvet.
5. Meaningful and significant: "a rich sense of the transaction between writer and reader" (William Zinsser).
6. Very productive and therefore financially profitable: rich seams of coal.
1. Containing a large amount of choice ingredients, such as butter, sugar, or eggs, and therefore unusually heavy or sweet: a rich dessert.
2. Having or exuding a strong or pungent aroma: "Texas air is so rich you can nourish off it like it was food" (Edna Ferber).
3. Pleasantly full and mellow: a rich tenor voice.
4. Warm and strong in color: a rich brown velvet.
1. Pleasantly full and mellow: a rich tenor voice.
2. Warm and strong in color: a rich brown velvet.
9. Containing a large proportion of fuel to air: a rich gas mixture.
10. Informal Highly amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but then you miss the point that what a teenage 2p2er idolizes is not the measuring stick for 'rich and varied'. If anything this last post of yours bolsters Nath's point even more, I can't see any other reason to bring up the average joe's rampant materialism and quest to fill the void inside himself. These mountains of things which you own will one day own you.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What gives you the right to say that walking in the park should make someone happier than going to the strip club? Your all washed up, Gramps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that. There is no "should" or "should not." I've had a good time at the strip club. I've had a good time at the park. I've had a good time passed out at 5am in front of Penn Station. And so on.

What I am saying is that it takes a lot of discipline to let go of materialistic [censored] and be happy with simpler, less self indulgent things. Is it good to have the discipline? I think "yes." I think that the more you can appreciate a wide variety of things, the better. I think that if you can buy an expensive car and [censored] a lot of girls, but then come home and spend an afternoon reading a novel, then there is a good chance you live a more well balanced life than a person who obsesses over a strip club or buying a new car or poker. Speaking from experience, obsession is one of the uglier things in life. Money doesn't talk...it screams.

Anyway, whatever, I'm sorry if I insulted you Bakes.

Barry
Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It took me more than a little while to realize that stealthmunk didn't/doesn't (i'm grunching) know what you mean by a 'rich and varied' life. As in, he's actually not aware of the alternate definitions of 'rich'. Lol/sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly understand alternate definitions of 'rich.' I'm sure if someone made a poll on who had the more 'rich and varied life?' play2kill would win over Nath. People, or 2p2ers, in general idolize, money, fortune, fame, hot women, and balla things such as expensive watches/cars' It is the world we live in today.

Patrik Antonius is a well established 2p2 "hero." So who is closer to his lifestyle? Play2kill or Nath? I'm sorry, but the idea that because someone multiaccounts a poker tournament, makes Nath better than them at life is completely ridiculous and wrong.

Please point out the definition I'm missing.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
rich
adj. rich·er, rich·est

1. Possessing great material wealth: "Now that he was rich he was not thought ignorant any more, but simply eccentric" (Mavis Gallant).
2. Having great worth or value: a rich harvest of grain.
3. Magnificent; sumptuous: a rich brocade.
1. Having an abundant supply: rich in ideas.
2. Abounding, especially in natural resources: rich land.
3. Containing a large amount of choice ingredients, such as butter, sugar, or eggs, and therefore unusually heavy or sweet: a rich dessert.
4. Having or exuding a strong or pungent aroma: "Texas air is so rich you can nourish off it like it was food" (Edna Ferber).
5. Pleasantly full and mellow: a rich tenor voice.
6. Warm and strong in color: a rich brown velvet.
5. Meaningful and significant: "a rich sense of the transaction between writer and reader" (William Zinsser).
6. Very productive and therefore financially profitable: rich seams of coal.
1. Containing a large amount of choice ingredients, such as butter, sugar, or eggs, and therefore unusually heavy or sweet: a rich dessert.
2. Having or exuding a strong or pungent aroma: "Texas air is so rich you can nourish off it like it was food" (Edna Ferber).
3. Pleasantly full and mellow: a rich tenor voice.
4. Warm and strong in color: a rich brown velvet.
1. Pleasantly full and mellow: a rich tenor voice.
2. Warm and strong in color: a rich brown velvet.
9. Containing a large proportion of fuel to air: a rich gas mixture.
10. Informal Highly amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but then you miss the point that what a teenage 2p2er idolizes is not the measuring stick for 'rich and varied'. If anything this last post of yours bolsters Nath's point even more, I can't see any other reason to bring up the average joe's rampant materialism and quest to fill the void inside himself. These mountains of things which you own will one day own you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own much, why do the retards always have to make things personal?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 PM

And, yeah, making a lot of money can have other purposes, so I shouldn't make blanket statements about it. However, I do think that for those who want to make money as an end within itself, they should think about WHY, because there are a lot of fairly self indulgent reasons to make money which, IMO, lead to perennial short term returns with little long term, intangible results.

barry
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM

You insult me by saying that multiaccounting isn't a big deal and doesn't really cut into my EV.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,
were you broke in the sense that you didn't have enough food to eat or water to drink and/or were living on the street? If so, and you still managed to be happy and find lots of self-worth, that's pretty impressive, but most people can't do that, and it's silly to pretend otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was close. If I didn't have enough friends who let me crash on their couches or would loan me $20 for a home poker game, then yeah, I would have been.

I guess it depends on how you define self-worth. I try to derive mine from what's within me, and what I've done in this life that has real value- not from my money or material possessions.

I won't lie, it was a hell of a lot more stressful to be broke than to have money, but in a sense, money causes its own stresses- not to mention, it's really easy to insulate yourself from the world with money, and believe it or not, being disconnected from Real Life that way can really make you unhappy.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Lol bro I knew that was coming but left that phrasing in anyway. Now you mean to say you've never seen 'you' used in a general sense to refer to all people?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it takes years of discipline and a fairly strong philosophical regimen before you get to the point where walking in the park is sweeter than hitting the strip club

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, it took me one time and one time. Where is gobbomon telling you shouldn't pretend your morals apply to everybody?