Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

I'm sure Coach hates moral victories-- but he won't hate getting the opportunity to say, "I hate moral victories, we're here to win." So let's tally up the moral victories.

1. Finally competed in a football game. Yeah, it's the 6th best team in the Big Ten. But this was important for the underclassmen to get the feeling of being in a game. Baby steps.

2. The Offensive Juggernaut has arrived-- ND showed itself as the 4th best of the 5 teams thus far against the vaunted Purdue defense-- better than Eastern Illinois. Not quite up to the standard set by Toledo, but baby steps.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM

Haha, I honestly can't wait to get to the Air Force, Navy, and Duke games so I can root for these minnows and watch them somehow be even with Notre Damn, and hopefully beat them.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I honestly can't wait to get to the Air Force, Navy, and Duke games so I can root for these minnows and watch them somehow be even with Notre Damn, and hopefully beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minnows?

In the current century, Navy has two bowl victories, Air Force has one, and Notre Dame has zero.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:19 PM

All of those teams are better than ND.
Also, that freshman wide receiver is really good.
To me the disappointing thing if I was a ND fan is not just that they are bad, but undisciplined as well. I saw at least two late hits that were just ridiculous and I only watched part of both halves. I know there must have been other penalties as well since every time I looked up it was 1st and 15, 2nd and 20, etc. Stuff like that is due to nothing other than poor coaching.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me the disappointing thing if I was a ND fan is not just that they are bad, but undisciplined as well. I saw at least two late hits that were just ridiculous and I only watched part of both halves. I know there must have been other penalties as well since every time I looked up it was 1st and 15, 2nd and 20, etc. Stuff like that is due to nothing other than poor coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty should be ashamed of himself for allowing that kind of undisciplined play to linger in the program. Charlie was rough with the troops at halftime and obviously they cast off some of the demons Ty left behind. It should be expected that Charlie will have the troops making continued improvements next week and then beat USC in a couple of weeks. Despite the tough losses to great/nigh unbeatable opponents so far this season with Ty's uncoachable recruits, Charlie will have the troops ready to beat USC. Then the country will realize how good ND really is. Having to play with Ty's recruits early this season have somewhat hurt Clausen's Heisman chances, but the surprise victory over USC will vault him to the favorite next year when Charlie makes an undefeated season and a national title.

On the off chance absolutely none of this occurs, rest assured the ghosts of Ty that haunt Domers were just too much for Charlie to overcome.

Signed,
ND Nation
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM

Is Weis getting all these great classes by promising recruits starting jobs? Because he's had 4 sophomores leave so far this year after getting pushed down the depth chart, and I've never heard of that many.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3064390
Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Weis getting all these great classes by promising recruits starting jobs? Because he's had 4 sophomores leave so far this year after getting pushed down the depth chart, and I've never heard of that many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carufel's departure made me puke a little bit. Losing Reuland last week at TE wasn't so big of a deal since FR TE Yeatman has already passed him on the depth chart.

Demetrius Jones probably saw the writing on the wall after the GT game...it was still a crappy way to announce a transfer by missing the team bus to Michigan.

Zach Frazer left before the season after being #4 on the QB depth chart...understandable for a blue chip QB recruit.

The first three I mentioned possibly portend serious morale and leadership deficiencies. Perhaps CW is just a M'Fer to work for when there are many things wrong in a season.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, as domers will never understand, championships are not given out by rivals.com.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Demetrius Jones probably saw the writing on the wall after the GT game...it was still a crappy way to announce a transfer by missing the team bus to Michigan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he did see the writing on the wall. It said "Weis is driving this program straight off the cliff and he's not going to get fired."
Old 10-22-2007, 01:16 AM

Irish fans don't have much to cheer about lately, especially with the sub-anemic effort the team displayed against USC. But we finally did get some good news because 5 star uber reciever Michael Floyd from Minniapolis, St Paul committed to the Irish over the weekend. This brings brings an absolutely stacked class, currently ranked #1 in the nation, up to 20 recruits. I haven't given CW much credit for anything this season, but he certainly deserves kudos for holding together this amazing class despite the dismal season. Another WR and a couple more OLs and this could shape up to be the highest rated class in Irish history. As correctly mentioned in a previous post, Rivals.com doesn't name the National Champion, but recruiting this level of talent is an essential piece to a championship caliber program.