Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

Barry,

We (LSU) probably have the best cornerback combo in CFB. And yes, Steltz is good. He was good last year behind Landry, and would have started on almost any other team in CFB. The fact is, there are no weaknesses that I can see on LSU's defense.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry,

We (LSU) probably have the best cornerback combo in CFB. And yes, Steltz is good. He was good last year behind Landry, and would have started on almost any other team in CFB. The fact is, there are no weaknesses that I can see on LSU's defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh Im trying not to hate, but you have yet to face a team where the QB can hurt you. You may go undefeated, it very well could happen, but I think your secondary is still untested. I also think that you have to weigh in the Les Miles factor. JMO.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Well keep in mind that all the secondary has been tested, and proven themselves to be good. Last year I know, but they have shown they can perform against good QBs before.

On a different note, I usually hate QB substitution schemes, but I like how LSU is running theirs. That said, Perrilloux probably should have started today and played the whole game. Flynn did not look like himself to me.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barry,

[/ QUOTE ]

meh Im trying not to hate, but you have yet to face a team where the QB can hurt you. You may go undefeated, it very well could happen, but I think your secondary is still untested. I also think that you have to weigh in the Les Miles factor. JMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

South Carolina threw for 243 yards today while "gaining" .2 yards per rush. This after LSU had given up 136, 78, and 81 yards passing in its first three games. Do you think someone is going to throw for 350 on that defense or something?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barry,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

South Carolina threw for 243 yards today while "gaining" .2 yards per rush. This after LSU had given up 136, 78, and 81 yards passing in its first three games. Do you think someone is going to throw for 350 on that defense or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

The real test for the LSU defense will be Florida. If USC's QB/WR's can gain 275 I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that UF's offense throws for 300. The real question is whether the Tebow slam run will work on the best D-Line in college football.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:23 PM

you do realize 75% of USC's yards were garbage time yards?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do realize this. USC isnt really a passing team. Obv the LSU/UF game is go like the game of the year in CFB. I just dont feel like the LSU secondary has been truly tested yet. I think LSU will split with UF (CCG included) during the year.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even watch the game? LSU never took out its first string and was trying to run up the score. At no point were they letting up.

Also, why didn't any of the other teams roll up some passing yardage during garbage time, which there was considerably more of in LSU's first three games?

I'm not trying to argue that the LSU D didn't dominate the SC offense. My point is that that LSU faced one of the more balanced offenses today that it will face all year, and shut it down. I disagree with barry's argument that SC wasn't capable of testing LSU's D. It's just that LSU's D is every bit as good as advertised.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:18 AM

38-17 was the score when my family and I drove down to Seattle. Get home expecting to see a ridiculous final score...I guess it was ridiculous but not in the sense that I expected.

TFG,

Did you make it to the game? IF so, recap please. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 10:16 AM

I watched it and all I can say is much [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for spurrier and the 3. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] nice call.