Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB (Choose 2)
Portis (@Houston) 17 48.57%
Kevin Jones (GB) 8 22.86%
Fred Taylor (@Ind) 9 25.71%
R. Droughns (Balt) 0 0%
D. McAllister (Atl) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: P5\'s top donk-n-go player is going pro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i havent read this, but seriously how the [censored] is this thread still going?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t1540)
BB (t1255)
UTG (t1655)
UTG+1 (t3300)
Hero (t1570)
MP2 (t1425)
CO (t1415)
Button PunkinBear (t1340)

Preflop:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t50, 3 folds, Button :#A500AF(PunkinBear)/ raises to t200, 1 fold, BB calls t150, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (t475) Q, A, 2 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t225, BB calls t225.

Turn: (t925) 5 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t57, BB calls t57.

River: (t1039) 7 (2 players)
BB checks, PunkinBear bets t56, BB calls t56.

Final Pot: t1151

BB has Ks Qh (one pair, queens).
PunkinBear has Ac 8c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: PunkinBear wins t1151.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar,

The preflop raise was standard and in this case necessary. Playing it any other way here is weak. I'm curious to see how you would have played that differently. Saying that this play was bad makes zero sense whatsoever.

The flop bet is a standard c-bet with an attempt built in to see where I was in the hand. Betting more than half the pot against a low-limit player who isn't going to reraise with nothing is spew. I certainly price out the five-outer. What would you suggest here instead? Saying that this play was bad makes zero sense whatsoever as well.

It's possible that the turn bet was of dual purpose, to keep the pot small/block in a spot where I wasn't sure if I was ahead, as well as get a "reaction read" to a small and crazy bet. I'm not sure if that was my intention at the time, but that line makes sense as well.

About the TT reference, I'm good enough to fold TT when it's a close decision. I have a skill advantage over the rest of the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This. Is. Amazing.

Jennifear, send me pics of yourself and if you're not fat or ugly I miiight tell you how unbelievably laughably bad that post is in exchange for sex.

Also, I need a link to the website plz...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's possible that the turn bet was of dual purpose, to keep the pot small/block in a spot where I wasn't sure if I was ahead, as well as get a "reaction read" to a small and crazy bet. I'm not sure if that was my intention at the time, but that line makes sense as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best way to keep pots small is to not have a stack to contribute to them. CHOOO CHOOO 4 LYFE
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
slim,

How about clearing that up for those of us who don't have a sharkscope to english dictionary.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has played on two sites that are tracked by Sharkscope, FT and Stars.

The first thing I did was filter down to all games with buy-ins $30 and below and exactly 9 entrants. That left:

Stars: 320 games, $13 av. stake, 32% ROI
Full Tilt: 321 games, $13 av. stake, 34% ROI

The next filter wasn't that important, but for the final one I screened it down to only NLHE games with buy-ins $30 and below and exactly 9 entrants and excluding satellites. That left:

Stars: 270 games, $14 av. stake, 19% ROI
Full Tilt: 311 games, $13 av. stake, 36% ROI

She's also got 19 O/8 SNGs on Stars at 77%. I don't know what the other 31 9-handed games might be (not Omaha Hi...).
Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Can't. Stop. Hitting. Refresh.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 PM

I;m sure she's a fine SNG player...

All I'm saying is that if you play perfect ICM over 11K ONE TABLE tournaments, a 39% ROI is absolutely impossible. She must have had either a good run at some high buyin SNGs, or a few big cashes in multi-table SNGs factored in for that 39% to even begin to be believable.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM

"The six seat format scares people into aggression. So any good player should sit tight for the first few blind escalations. The key to success is patience. Forget the typical strategies of Button raises and proctecting your blinds. There is no room for that nonsense. Pot odds are something else you should reconsider. The Key is Patience and your own trapping ability.

Remember one thing: DON’T RAISE. The raise is coming from another person seated at the table. You should fold any marginal hand very early in all six seaters. By Marginal I mean anything really other than high pocket pairs"
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I;m sure she's a fine SNG player...

All I'm saying is that if you play perfect ICM over 11K ONE TABLE tournaments, a 39% ROI is absolutely impossible. She must have had either a good run at some high buyin SNGs, or a few big cashes in multi-table SNGs factored in for that 39% to even begin to be believable.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on this is obviouly possible but not by many.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't. Stop. Hitting. Refresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

set it as a favourite; get all new replies emailed to you

(excellent if you have gmail; acceptable if you do not)
Old 08-08-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I just suck at poker, lie all the time, and play like crap, and I'm the biggest lucksack in modern history. All of my successful students are also a bunch of lucksacks with no clue too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you summed it up pretty well.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Would she be getting all the haterz if she were 2p2 and a dude (honest question)? I for one feel as if she still would be getting the same treatment, since I remember around 2- 2 1/2 years ago when Aba was coming up and running pretty hot (LDO) and asking the typical "sustainable?" question and people were ripping on him left and right for being arrogant and whatnot. (I BY NO MEANS AM COMPARING ABA TO JENNIFEAR, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET IT TWISTED.)