FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is Teh Funny?
Contestant No 1 7 35.00%
Comic Numero Dos 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: 2p2 DC Happy Hour

[ QUOTE ]
Good times last night guys, nice meeting all of you. I'm glad i stayed in DC an extra night in order to attend.

Muresan definately gets my vote for drunkest. THe last i saw of him he was attempting to come with us to get some food and thought it would be a good idea to double fist along the way but obviously got instantly pwned by the bouncer who was like "WTF HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU YOU CANT BRING THAT OUTSIDE!" lol.

Also had lots of fun reminiscing about limit hold'em with aces and jeffage. it felt weird to be one of the higher stakes players at a 2p2 get together because most of my close poker friends play bigger than me.

I didnt get too hang with GA and cappy too much cuz they were so busy macking on girls but they both seemed like really cool guys as well.

when we left rocketbar fluff and I went at got dinner with Kipin and D10 at legal seafood before heading to st. ex. I got lobster ravioli and it was very solid. also d10 picked up the tab which was very generous, thanks again man!

Fluff and i didnt stay at st ex long because it was pretty stuffy and we both felt kinda sick by this point and we had to get up at 7 for my flight home but it sounds like we missed out on more drunken debauchery [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"NLSoldier told us to push bottom pair for value and ive never seen a sicker play."

lol this was prob my favorite moment of the night. I didnt even see the preflop action but we had A4 and the board came T84 3 T and our computer-opponent check/called the flop and the turn went check/check, so after he checked the river they were debating what to do and i just standing in the back yelling POOOOOOSH and everyones like huh...? and im like for VALUE obv!!! and i think GA was at the controls and hes like alright done. so he jams and villian snap calls and someone is like [censored] and im like no no dont worry, villian flips over A-K high, ship it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I was able to deliver the quote of the night.

And seriously, Soldier reads bargame souls. Villain SNAPcalled, and Soldier was 100% certain we were way ahead. I realized I will never be able to beat 10/20 and higher.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the huge crowd watcihng other people play poker:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only picture I am in, I'm the light blue striped shirt on the far left. Expert picture taking avoided getting my face in there.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when we left rocketbar fluff and I went at got dinner with Kipin and D10 at legal seafood before heading to st. ex. I got lobster ravioli and it was very solid. also d10 picked up the tab which was very generous, thanks again man!

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem, kipin was kind enough to buy me a drink earlier in the night and half the bill was mine anyways, thanks for inviting me to join you all, the food was good (especially the outside part of the bread, mmmm so delicious).

d10's trip report: I showed up a bit later than I wanted at 5:30 after spending about 30 mins struggling to find parking. Didn't recognize anyone at the bar so I had to use my finely tuned 2+2er radar to figure out which group was us. First try I pick out Muresan, vhawk, GA and Aces McGee. I admit to playing poker pretty much never these days and learn I'm not alone.

A bit later Professor Ben walks in and everyone instantly recognizes him, although AFAIK no one had ever seen him before. He's pretty good at pool. Especially the part where you taunt the opponent by dancing around the table.

NLS and fluffpop show up before too long (BRAG: I have now met the two hottest chicks on 2+2) and then so many 2p2ers came flooding in I couldn't keep track of everyone. Seriously I think half the bar was 2p2. I remember meeting CincyHR, AE6, Jeffage, Wes Mantooth, Cappy, kipin, callmedonnie, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. I was disappointed to not meet the l33tzor cause I wanted to talk about how bad the Ravens were going to get their asses beat tonight, and z28 cause he was the only one to get a hp vs torque question I posted here probably a couple years ago.

Wes Mantooth's turban was super impressive. It's just like in the pictures.

The holdem game that we all loved so much was awesome, but it made me miss the days when you could play poker at a table full of retards.

Just about the time I decided I should stop drinking (was planning on driving home that night) kipin sets me straight by buying me a beer. Much appreciated sir. He is in fact a pretty big dude. It was nice not being the tallest guy around. NLS might have me beat too.

Also I feel like a douche for not remembering who bought that round of shots, Cincy, vhawk? It was also much appreciated.

Dinner next door at Legal Seafood was very good, and kipin, NLS, and fluff are some cool mfers to hang out with.

After dinner we jumped in a cab and went to St Ex to meet up with the rest of the guys again. I stayed for a bit but my game with random bar girls is not so good so I left to go elsewhere.

Overall a very good time, thanks everyone who came out, the turnout was impressive.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here are your photos, guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
i wish that more of y'all had introduced yourselves, i didn't want to run around introducing myself to people that weren't from 2+2 so I only got excited about people i recognized [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Playing Poker:

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, me and GA ballin with the $1 bills.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:11 PM

I've been in Vegas and LA all summer but am finally coming back to Maryland next week. Any plans for another get together in the next few weeks?

-Jerry
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 PM

Thou wilt not cower in the dust.
Thy gleaming sword shall never rust.
O etc. my etc.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A bit later Professor Ben walks in and everyone instantly recognizes him, although AFAIK no one had ever seen him before. He's pretty good at pool. Especially the part where you taunt the opponent by dancing around the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 important things to note about this.
1. CallmeDonnie misses his shot.
2. Fluffpop couldn't stop glancing over. I don't blame her.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 important things to note about this.
1. CallmeDonnie misses his shot.
2. Fluffpop couldn't stop glancing over. I don't blame her.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a rule I learned about prop betting on pool:

If you offer GA 2:1, he will accept any bet on anything, no matter how unlikely it is. If you want to be a dick, you can probably talk him down to 1.5:1.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously I think half the bar was 2p2. I remember meeting CincyHR, AE6, Jeffage, Wes Mantooth, Cappy, kipin, callmedonnie, and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

[/ QUOTE ]
i've been here in minneapolis all week, so i guess someone must be falsely taking credit for my 2+2 identity. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

glad y'all had fun though
Old 08-26-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was disappointed to not meet the l33tzor cause I wanted to talk about how bad the Ravens were going to get their asses beat tonight, and z28 cause he was the only one to get a hp vs torque question I posted here probably a couple years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya dude sorry I didn't really get a chance to talk with you - I kinda got caught up in chatting with the people I had met before, plus I think you were a little on the quiet side at the bar earlier on.

I might try to host a home game in the near future- not too sure if people are willing to venture out to alexandria though.