Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
i could have just told paul to fk off and ignored him, but in doing so i would admit some sort of guilt to jjprodigy proportions. i value my reputation since my irl name is my 2p2 name and a lot of valued mttc'ers know me, so I've cooperated with everything Paul's asked, though with some general ire in the process.

i really hate that the direction of this thread has gone from legitimate multi-accounting cheaters to people like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz don't say anything else you multiaccounting scum, I think we've heard everything we care to hear from you I hope they take every penny from you and send Dog the bounty hunter to catch you're filthy cheat ass.[/sarcasm]
Old 07-27-2007, 12:52 PM

THIS THREAD IS A [censored] JOKE.

Yes, there are tons of multi-accounting ACTUAL cheaters. Some people know of them. Some people don't know of them.

It seems like nobody wants to out them. So guess what, lets just randomly turn and scapegoat clayton!

This is really disgusting.

clayton sadly you may end up being the catalyst needed for this to explode as myself and many others predicted once a few names got exposed everyone else would be exposed/come clean before getting exposed. I don't want to turn in people I am friends with but I also don't want someone like you to be the only one who gets punished esp considering in my eyes and most others opinions you didn't do close to as much wrong as many others who are still getting away with it and much worse infractions of the ToC.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? Do you know why sites have affiliate programs? They use rakeback to attract new customers, which is why existing customers aren't allowed to get it. Creating a new account to subvert this policy is stealing from the site. Now maybe you are OK with that, but it's very clearly stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

what

the

hell

are

you

talking

about
Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Like I said, LOL at Adanthar above anyone else since he started this with his dramabomb in ActionJeff's post, but now is SHOCKED that people actually have reason to be concerned over someone that has at least 6-8 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SITE.

This is not a witch hunt. Someone had many accounts on one site knowing full well that it was against the rules and was bound to make both Stars and at least some players very suspicious. Now, many people act surprised that he got turned in. Give me a break.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Do you know why sites have affiliate programs? They use rakeback to attract new customers, which is why existing customers aren't allowed to get it. Creating a new account to subvert this policy is stealing from the site. Now maybe you are OK with that, but it's very clearly stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And why do they want to get new accounts? So they get people to play more maybe? If someone switches accounts to get RB, in most cases there play will go way up as well. Doesn't really make much of a difference if all that play came from a new account or previous one.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:54 PM

i'm not surprised.

i'm offended however that you didn't keep it to AIM or PM's and instead used it as fuel for your witch-hunt.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, LOL at Adanthar above anyone else since he started this with his dramabomb in ActionJeff's post, but now is SHOCKED that people actually have reason to be concerned over someone that has at least 6-8 ACCOUNTS ON ONE SITE.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at me thinking you were concerned about people multiaccounting in MTT's.

I wish somebody else had made this thread - it might've gotten somewhere.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 PM

To me, Clayton's situation shows the whole problem with the multi-accounting issue in a nutshell. What is OK? Where do we draw the line?

IMHO, nothing involving having multiple accounts is acceptable, and all should draw criticism from people who think it is unacceptable. This is like a drug dealer saying "What? There are murderers out there, why the hell are you prosecuting me?" Granted that what Clayton does is not nearly as bad as multi-accounting individual tournaments, but that doesn't mean it is completely acceptable to do.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not surprised.

i'm offended however that you didn't keep it to AIM or PM's and instead used it as fuel for your witch-hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, I never mentioned you by name, you came on here and said it was you.