Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Clemens signed with the Yankees

[ QUOTE ]
giambi has been a complete bust

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, just stop posting.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:23 AM

I guess you and I differ on what makes someone a 'bust'. A bust to me doesn't just mean someone was overpaid/overvalued.

craig
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes a lot more sense than being stuck with dead wait you would do anything to get rid of without paying them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, this is better for the team, but unless you can find a Tim Wakefield or David Cone, it's not going to happen. It's in the player's best interest to sign longer term contracts so he gets paid in the future regardless of whether he's productive that year. So in order to get good players, teams have to give out longer term deals to be competitive.

Oh and Giambi's been very productive aside from the whole tumor thing. One bad year does not a bust make.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM

Ouch, so much for Wang's dominance.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
giambi has been a complete bust

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, just stop posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously all you've done when you disagree with me is post pictures or make statements backed up by nothing
Giambi used to be a fearsom hitter and MVP type player. This is why the Yankees got him. Within a few years of him playing on the Yankees they wanted to send him to the minor leagues he was so bad. Hes gone from putting up sick numbers in a lineup where people were pithcing around him, to putting up decent power numbers in a stacked lineup. In any close game he is a liabilty on the bases and on defense (which him being so bad at has caused the Yankees to waste 2 roster spots)
An MVP candidate getting a huge contract and then becoming a "productive" player does make him a bust.
So why dont you try taking your head out of your ass. There is no way the Yankees wouldnt have cut this guy 3 years ago if they could have gotten out of this contract.

If you dont view him as a bust you're as stupid as this owners who hand out these outrageous contracts left and right and never learn from their mistakes.

An MVP candidate getting a huge contract and then becoming a "productive" player does make him a bust.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you dont view him as a bust you're as stupid as this owners who hand out these outrageous contracts left and right and never learn from their mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fallacy of ???

craig
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously all you've done when you disagree with me is post pictures or make statements

[/ QUOTE ]

because you are THAT much of an idiot. arguments arent even needed. if i told you the sky was yellow, would you disprove me with logical statements?

giambi has played over the course of his contract at about the level you should expect a player of his skill set to play when in mid to late 30's. so basically IMO (and anyone with half a brain) a player perfomaing at the level he should perform at does not = bust.

you are going on ignore. i nominate you for the first sporting events forum ban.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:26 PM

thanks sublime considering your opinions on baseball don't mean [censored]
Saying the sky is yellow is in no way analogous to saying Giambi has been a bust.Nice try though. "Your wrong the end"- great point. You make Michael Kay look smart. Putting Giambi in the same group as Manny, Jeter or Arod is retarded. The first group has played as well or better as they did before they got the big long term contract. Giambi hasnt.
Giambi has played well below what he was expected to for the Yankees (probably b/c he stopped taking steroids.)
Way to pick out one player out of about 25-30 i name as busts when my orignal statement was I would take Clemens for 1 year over Dicek for 6 having never pitched in the major leagues.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when my orignal statement was I would take Clemens for 1 year over Dicek for 6 having never pitched in the major leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you trying to prove you AREN'T an idiot?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when my orignal statement was I would take Clemens for 1 year over Dicek for 6 having never pitched in the major leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Shakes head*